I am so excited to try these colors together! Great pick Lauren!This card was inspired by looking through my large supply of patterned paper. I bought this paper ages ago because I knew one day I would NEED it! Today is the day. In fact most of the supplies on this card are oldies but goodies and they all just came together. The ribbon is a sheer olive from Hobby Lobby that has white stitching in the middle (saved me from pulling out my sewing machine!). The sentiment is a sticker set I've had FOREVER and it says Thank You in several languages.
On this flower, I used a technique that was an experiment of mine. I love the look of embossing but I love the look of colored ink. Instead of trying to stamp Versamark over my stamped image, I stamped the flower with pigment ink and then IMMEDIATELY after stamping, I put the image in clear embossing powder. Just enough powder sticks so when you turn the heat gun on, your image gets just the right amount of shine. I love this flower with the PTI button flower in the center with two tiny pearls. Cutting it out so I can pop dot it is a bear but oh so worth it. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with. I only hope they had as much fun as I did!
RECIPE:
Paper - PTI white, Hobby Lobby Olive textured cardstock, Paper Studios Rust/Mint Dots
Ink - SU Bravo Burgundy (looks like rust on my paper)
Stamp Set - PTI Fancy Flourishes
Pearls - Queen & Co.
Button - PTI Black
Border Stamp - Scenic Route Sumner Relax
Sentiment Sticker - Stampendous International Thanks
Border Punch - Stamping Up Scallop punch







5 comments:
Love how you did the flower! What a beautiful card.
This card is so pretty! I love the colors - they're perfect for the challenge!
Beautiful card Sue! I love all the shimmer around the flower! Great job with Lauren's Color challenge :) TFs
This is a gorgeous card. One of my faves. Great job.
Sue this is quite eye catching - you are so right about the embossing giving just the right amount of shine and I love the pearl centers :-) Thanks for playing.
Post a Comment