Saturday, June 6, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #8

This is a close-up of my card for the Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #8. I added this because in the picture I posted on my blog, it wasn't as easy to see the details.

This is the purse I got for Mother's Day so I KNEW I would LOVE this Color Challenge! Also take a look at my scrapbooking room to see how much this color combination is a part of my everyday life. http://suelelli.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-very-favorite-room-in-house.html

Here is this week's Color Challenge:

This is my card for Dawn's Color Challenge. It all started with paper I bought on clearance at Target and never knew what to do with it. The Kraft background with the flocked brown pattern was perfect for a background strip and matched the brown wooden button from PTI.




The stamp set is PTI Out of the Box and the sentiment is from PTI Mixed Messages. I stamped the swirl box with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. I thought the Cuttlebug swirl embossing pattern just tied it all together. The cream square was cut and embossed with nestabilities. All paper and ink PTI.


Then I got a little crazy and made two more cards, all with the brown flocked paper! I love how they turned out.




I guess since I'm going to be gone for a month to Florida (taking my son to college and then vacationing at the beach) I thought I'd get this cardmaking out of my system. I won't have ANY supplies with me!



This card has the Cuttlebug script embossing for the background and the stamp set is CTMH Cherish. The paper other than the flocked is PTI and the ink is SU Close to Cocoa and PTI Raspberry Fizz. I stamped over the flower and stem with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder to make it shiny.


This last card just kind of came together using the same brown flocked paper (I'll be sad when it is all used up!). The stamp set is SU Pocket Silhouettes. I used versamark and clear embossing powder to make the images pop!


I hope you enjoy my spontaneous burst of crafting energy! Thanks for stopping by!






19 comments:

2Bis2DO said...

I love your flocked paper, i have been wanting to try it but didn't dare. After seeing yours, i must try it. All of your cards are beautiful.
Have fun at the beach.

AJ said...

Beautiful card and photo's - looks like you're having lovely weather! Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog. xx Amanda

Mimi said...

Love all three! That flocked paper is to die for!

~Lori Roop said...

WOW! All the colors really POP! Fabulous designs!

IamDerby said...

Love your cards!! Nice design! Love your cute little purse too. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Hi Sue! I love all the embossing that you did! It sure gives your flowers a lot of dimension! :) French Script is one embossing folder I am missing-I guess I need that one now! Have a safe trip & enjoy! Are you sure you can't squeeze in a little stampin stuff? :) Take Care, Mona

Krista said...

Wow, great job with these cards ! They're very nice !!

Courtney Baker said...

Cute card. I love the fun flock, very dramatic. I hope you have a great trip!

Steph said...

Very pretty card and your work space is so nice!

Anonymous said...

These are all so beautiful. Great use of backgrounds/paper/embossing. Love it all.

Loretta

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a great trio of cards and fabulous purse. Super job on the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

~kelly marie~ said...

These cards are gorgeous! I love that flocked paper! I really love how you used the colors. Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Oh, your cards are beautiful - that flocked paper is to die for. Ali

Jessica said...

These cards are amazing!! I love the color combo a lot as well and made like 4 cards :) Thanks for sharing your lovely cards.
Blessings

Maria L. said...

Love all the color challenge-inspired cards you made. I especially like the last one with the Pocket Silhouettes. Enjoy your time in Florida - lucky you!! :)

Sylvia said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I love your cards, especially the one with the rose. Have fun on the beach. It is going to be hard leaving your son. I did it four times for college, before that boarding school for two, when we lived in Nigeria. Good luck!

Lisa said...

I love that flocked paper and your cards are beautiful.. thanks so much for visiting my blog and your sweet words..

One Creative Life said...

Wow Sue those cards are beautiful. Even better that the paper was on clearance :)

Lorie said...

Your cards are super cute! I LOVE your Coach bag!