I was inspired by a Prima post with art from Tiffany Solorio and created this mixed media piece:
I love using black gesso as a background and then coloring with different Prima waxes.
Just look how the different colors bring out all of the details in this large Prima resin heart! And the purple flowers and leave are so Yummy, too!
In this one I placed a 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" photo inside the heart and kinda sticking out. I was pleased with the black paint brushes with the flower wine and the metal wrapped around the small paint brush. I can't wait to try this in other colors!
This is going to be my Valentine's gift to my hubby! Don't tell him!
I am also going to teach this as a class at Whim So Doodle in St. Pete, FL, on February 10th.
Thanks for stopping by!




11 comments:
Wow wow wow!! This is STUNNING!!! I am LOVING the colors and those brushes!!!!!!!!!!!
This is gorgeous, another lovely piece with the heart. Those brushes are a great idea!
I won't tell him :) BUt I love it just as much as you! Great idea to use a black background. It's FAB Sue!!
XX
This is a beautiful piece. Simply stunning.
Oh, wow!! Absolutely stunning creation, Sue!! Love the heart, paint brushes, and sweet photo! Amazing color...so prettty!!
WOW!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!
Amazing project, Sue! What a gorgeous background & I absolutely love the flowers, leaves & heart!
WOW!! What a stunner ... Oh my this is gorgeous!!
So pretty! Especially love the colors!
Holy cow, this is elegant and so cool at the same time!! Love that you incorporated the brushes into your incredible design!
Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the color scheme.
Post a Comment