Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Playing with Prima's Impasto Paints

Just when I think I don't need any new paints I play with Prima's new Impasto paints and fall in LOVE!  They are so thick and the colors are so yummy!  So I just used texture brushes, my fingers, silicone brushes, stencils, etc. and came up with these four cards:
I'm going to teach a class in December at Whim So Doodle in St. Pete, FL.  Everyone will receive a set of Prima texture brushes and will make several backgrounds with different colors.  Then they can make one complete card.  Not bad for $10 I'd say!

For the one on the left I used my finger with several colors of paint and then stenciled with white over top.  The paint dries super fast which is fun for layering.  For the card on the right I used the texture brush that looks like a comb and just combed on orange, yellow and pink to make a background.  The butterfly was stamped with one of Finn's stamps on top of another solid BG that was made with the 3 colors of Impasto paint and combed as well.

The one on the left was solid pink and I dragged a different texture brush in kind of an S pattern.  I added Prima's metallique wax in gold to highlight the texture.  The word is a wood icon and the heart is stamped on a leftover piece I used for the butterfly.  The card on the right uses a stencil, too, but I made the squares messier by watering down the paint.  The bird is a wood icon.
This paint is super thick with lots of texture.  It dries matte and is a must have in every color!
 
I hope you like my cards!  I had FUN playing with paint!  (Although my nail tech wasn't too happy!  LOL!)


8 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh how gorgeous, you have created fabulous background with gorgeous colors!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww! These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards Sue. Love the design of each one. Good luck with the class. I know it will be fun.

Maria said...

Gorgeous color with the paints! Love the added texture, birds, heart, and butterflies! Well done, Sue...so pretty!!

Marybeth said...

Always fun to get new paints and you have created some beautiful cards with them! Love the bright happy colors, Sue!

Lynn said...

Four absolutely beautiful cards. Love how vibrant they are!

Ros Crawford said...

Very impressive! I love your arsty card and the backgrounds ... That's going to be a fun class for sure!

Stella said...

ONly $10 to attend a class??? That's a bargain! Sue I LOVE gthese cards. Bright colours; I love the different ways you applied/used these paints and the result is stunning!
XX