
Thanks for the CCCB Spotlight Award for my card!
I needed to make some sympathy cards so I got this idea to use my new Prima ink pads to make color blocks and then spray them with water so it looked like tears. My first one used black and white with a splash of aqua so I could play along with my FAV challenge City Crafters 347 :
Doesn't it look like tears? This color is called Summer vibes.
I loved the way it looked but then I wondered what if it would look better with a little more color?
I added a touch of Wasabi ink and this was the result!
Then I just start making MORE cards because I needed several. This one uses Atlas Blue and lots of Wasabi.
All of the butterflies are Prima stamps.
I used the same technique and colors on this card however I went back in with some bolder drips of Atlas Blue with a water pen.
For my last sympathy card I went to my go to colors of pink (Frosting) and orange (Apricot).
I hope I don't have to make sympathy cards for a while. It takes its toll. At least the creating made me feel better about being so sad for the recipients.
Thanks for stopping by.
Thanks City Crafters for inspiring me.




10 comments:
These are sooooooo gorgeous! I am loving the colors and the butterflies!!! And thank you so much for your donation to Brookie!! She (and I!) appreciates it so much!!! Can you email your mailing address please? Brookie would like to send you something! :) bmwgirl@cox.net ... thanks again love! :)
Sue I LOVE your take on our theme! The other cards with a bit more colour are also stunning. I love your design and colour palettes. It's a sad occasion to make them but it will definitely comfort the recipients. I am so happy that you were able to join us at CCCB. Thanks so much Sue!
XX
Gorgeous cards with the butterflies! They are perfect for sympathy cards...so soft and pretty!!
I always think butterflies are perfect for sympathy cards. Your's are all so pretty and have an incredible artsy look to them!
These cards are just powerful, they are simple but incredibly beautiful!
Wonderful Sue! Love that dripping, great effect! The colours you used are my favourites and I find all of your cards so very lovely and elegant! Although I hope you don't have to put them to use very soon.
I agree with Kirsty ... They are powerful and heartfelt ... Wonderful work from such a lovely soul... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!
Love how these turned out.
Lovely sympathy cards. They are not easy to make but you have done a wonderful job with the different colors and the butterflies.
What fabulous paint effects on these beautiful cards. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.
Post a Comment