My last post showed the box I made for my niece that held my parents wedding bands that became mine when they passed away. I gave them to Aimee the day before her wedding at lunch for her "something borrowed" and she burst into tears! So did I!
She wore them on a chain around her neck with her wedding dress and told me how they were just perfect. I'm so glad a part of my parents could be with Aimee on her special day!
Here's Aimee and Rick after they said their vows and were officially married:
Aren't they ADORABLE?!!!
I'll be back to post something in a couple of days.




10 comments:
I love this SO much! Thank you for letting me borrow Granny and Grandpa's rings and for making the beautiful box for my wedding. I'm so grateful to have been able to have the rings as my something borrowed and to have an amazing aunt like you. Love you!!
-Aimee
YES they ARE ADORABLE!! How wonderful for her to have the rings as part of her wedding. You're such a sweetheart Sue!!
Awe, so sweet! Sounds like a wonderful and joyous celebration! TFS :)
Awww... cute couple!
Oh how lovely! She looks beautiful!
Awwwwwwwwwww I knew she would love them! Congrats to the beautiful couple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sue you are the BEST aunt she could wish for. Such a wonderful idea to let her borrow your parents'wedding bands! And it must be great to have such a lovely and precious heirloom.
XX
Awww...how precious!!! How sweet and thoughtful of you to let her borrow your parent's rings as a symbol of them being part of the celebration!! Huge congrats to them! A wonderful photo of the sweet couple!!!
I remember that post about the "something borrowed". So sweet that gesture and adroable they are!
What a lovely and thoughtful gesture for your niece and nephew to have your parents rings as 'Something Borrowed'. You have to be the favorite aunt :)
PS: love the card too, Sue
Post a Comment