Sunday, October 2, 2016

My Niece is Getting Married!

My favorite niece is getting married next Saturday and I am so EXCITED!  It's a Surprise Wedding where her friends think it's just an engagement party because she is supposedly having a small family wedding in Florida but she is going to change to her wedding dress 45 minutes into her "I Do Bar-B-Que" and actually tie the knot!  Super COOL!  Just like her!
 
So for her something borrowed I thought it would be special to lend her MY parent's wedding bands from the day they got married.  Aimee was really close to my parents and when they passed away she was devastated.  To present the rings to her I altered a heart box.  Here it is:
I painted it metallic blue (for something blue),

And added LOTS of metals and shells (for Florida) and the key (because her soon to be husband holds the key to her heart)!

I put splatters all over it,

And I printed something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue to put around the top of the lid.

I cut this heart out of their invitation and glued it inside the lid.  I will put my parents rings and a chain inside the box.  I am giving it to her the day before her wedding because I know she will cry.

Here is a pic Aimee sent to me when she had her practice run of hair and makeup.  Isn't she BEAUTIFUL!
 
Only one more week until the BIG DAY!
THX for stopping by!


11 comments:

Maria said...

Awww...how precious and so very thoughtful, Sue!! Your niece will treasure the handmade box, which is fabulous!!! Love the blue and all the metals and shells...just perfect!! And, a very lovely photo of your niece!! Congratulations to her and her husband to be!!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a gem you are Sue, this is so heartwarming!! We need more of this in the world right now. Your niece is a blessed woman to have you in her life and she will TREASURE this thoughtful gift. It's just beautiful!!

Marybeth said...

Sounds like it's going to be fun! I have heard of that kind of wedding before.The gift you made for her is going to be so loved! Your niece is beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So exciting! Congrats to her! LOVING what you made! That is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marjan said...

That's just what I thought... Oh dear, this will ruin her make-up because of tears. But you are a smart auntie and thaught of that :) My gosh, Sue, what a wonderful idea, so sweet! And I just LOVE your box, a treasure!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very sweet gift indeed, and the bride-to-be is so beautiful! Congrats to your niece!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty gift box Sue! Love the golden detail! Congrats to your niece! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Ros Crawford said...

She's gorgeous!! What a fun day that will be and your gift box is beautiful!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Sue,you so thoughtful! She is going to treasure this gorgeous box!!!! Have fun at the wedding! She is beautiful!!!

Stella said...

Sue I think this is one of your best creations ever. The whole box is just STUNNING! How lovely that you are willing to lend het your paretns' wedding bands. It is the most amazing addition to their wedding. Your niece looks gorgeous and I hope you all had a wonderful day.
XX

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty box Sue Lelli. Love the metallic blue as the base... and those trinkets look awesome on top... so perfect with the shells and that key! :)