Please go take a peek!
I hope you'll like it!
Edit - I made this card for one of my new senior clients. When I met to sign the agreement with him, I found out his birthday was the next day. I also found out he was a professional baseball player in the 50's. So I made this card for him and also found when I googled him that he had his own baseball card! I printed that as well, cut it out, and put it on the inside with "Celebrating You Today." He was depressed because he was in a rehab and wanted to be home on his birthday which didn't happen. So I had my son pick up a gourmet cupcake and deliver that and the card to him on his birthday. Though we were only able to care for him - and his children - for a short time, he was a very SPECIAL man and made quite an impression on us. Here's to YOU in Heaven, Steve!




13 comments:
Off to see!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fab project xx
Love your card Sue. Very creative with the signature line.
I remember you telling me about this and want you to know how incredibly thoughtful and caring you are. So sorry for the loss of this special man.
I love the card and think you are a great lady to make his birthday special for him, he must have loved you for this! Sorry to hear you could only care for him a short while.
You have the kindest heart...So glad i came by today! i am sure you made the same impression on him!
Fabulous card!
What a sweet story ,and amazing baseball card! I'm sure this made your client much happier! You are so thoughtful!
I am sorry for your loss!
I'm sorry for your loss Sue! The card looks amazing and surely it will be appreciated!
It's a terrific card and you are one terrific lady for making his last birthday so special!
Well, that seals the deal. Not only are you an amazing artist, but you just illustrated again that you are an amazing person. What a gift it is to make someone feel special and loved...and you and your son went out of your way to do that for this man on his birthday at at time he was feeling down. You are an angel!
Your card for Steve is so thoughtful Sue and the care you provide for seniors is truly touching. xx
Post a Comment