Friday, March 18, 2016

BEST Day Ever - Crafting that is!

Today I was very fortunate to be able to take Creative Chemistry LIVE with Tim Holtz at my Favorite Local Store - Whim So Doodle in St. Pete, FL!
 
Here I am with Tim:
 
 And of course I had to take a photo with Mario as well:
 
I am such a groupie, I made an apron with Tim Holtz material to wear in the class:
Isn't that flower trim FAB?!!!

I decided to line the apron so I could ask Tim to sign it (Yep ~ GROUPIE!)

And here's my autograph from Tim Holtz!
 
I have to say, this is the BEST class I have EVER taken.  It was totally a technique class but it was so organized right down to having stickers with all of the technique instructions for every tag we made!  I can't tell you how many classes I have taken where I get home and can't remember the steps after all of the information is swirling around in my head.
NOW I have a book filled with tags and instructions for each!  Brilliant!
 
I LOVE that Whim So Doodle brings the Best of the Best to teach classes at their store!


19 comments:

Lynn said...

What a fabulous day! Love the pictures and your amazing apron Sue!

Lisa Petrella said...

Sounds fantastic, Sue!!!! And your apron is absolutely fabulous!!! You are amazing!

Ros Crawford said...

Holy Moly look at you!! What a lovely couple of photos and how wonderful that you got to play with some of the greats!! Love your apron or as we call them here in the Pool Pinny!

JoAnn said...

Sounds like you had a great time and have a record of all the techniques. Very nice photos too. Love your apron. Great job.

Marybeth said...

How fun is that!!! Sounds like a great day and the pictures are adorable! Love the that you made an apron and got it singed very smart!

Loretta said...

Your apron is amazing. You are so talented!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How AWESOME! LOVING the photos and I have heard his classes are amazing and all the details he includes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb Turpin said...

Wow, what an awesome experience! And what a cool memento with that autographed apron. He is such a creative artist and inspiration! This is the first year I have tried his 12 Tags Challenge and I love all of the new techniques. Congreats, Sue!

Maria said...

Oh, wow!!! How awesome for you, Sue! I'd be over the moon with happiness and smiles and it looks like you are...great photos! And, such a lovely apron! You will treasure it I'm sure!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Sure looks fun!

Jill Norwood said...

Smiling big for you Sue! So cool that you got to take such an inspiring class! Hooray! Love the pics!

Lisa Elton said...

Well look at you hobnobbing with the famous!! SO happy that you had the chance to take this class Sue, what a great memory and experience for you. Your apron looks awesome and how cool that it's autographed!!

Marjan said...

That sounds good!! Nice pic of you and Tim! And I love your apron, I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing it.

Pauline said...

Wow Sue!! You got to meet Tim Holtz! You lucky thing!! Love your apron!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wow, you lucky girl!!!! Was he as nice as he seems on his videos????
I love, love,love your adorable apron! What a great idea!!!!!

Pamellia said...

Looks like you had a great time Sue. That's amazing that the store brings in such great teachers, you get to learn from the best! Love your apron too! hugs :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Great photos Sue! Love your apron! Fantastic photos! Looks like you had a fab time!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I've taken several of Tim's classes and they are great! I love the apron you created for the class! I'm sure it was a BIG hit !

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Sue! Sorry it's been a while since I popped in. Just been browsing your blog - your work is awesome. But I had to comment on this one! Love the photos of you, Tim and Mario. And that apron is just wonderful. You're looking fab.
Thanks so much for all your lovely work.
Hugs, Deborah xx