Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Photo Album for a Special Lady

I bought a plain yellow chevron striped 6 x 6 photo album for a 95 year old client who has memory issues and is very frustrated because she can remember faces but not names.  She doesn't even remember my name and I see her all the time.  She knows me as the lobster lady because I pick her up lobster dinners at Bonefish once a week.  I could be called worse things!
So I had this idea to take photos of everyone she comes in contact with and put their names with their pictures in this book for her to look at.
I decorated the front with lots of Prima goodies.

Here's a close-up.  I even put her name on it.
Joan loves it and looks through it all the time!  It really helps her know who everyone is!
Don't you just love that little wood postcard?  I went through my stash and layered it all together.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Marybeth said...

Well , you are a kind and beautiful lobster lady :) What a beautiful album Im sure she will love it!

Lisa Elton said...

You are such a sweetheart and this is a wonderfully thoughtful gift for Joan!! I'm sure she loves it. Beautifully done too. I DO love that little wooden postcard, very sweet!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sue! Love all the blossoms! I bet your friend will treasure this!

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous album cover Sue! I love all the flowers and and the little birdie tucked in there too. Lovely job accenting that beautiful little frame, such a spring palette...love it! hugs :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a wonderful thing for you to do!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this! GORGEOUS colors!!! And I think the nickname Lobster Lady is pretty awesome!! :)

Marjan said...

I am sure she loved this. Lovely work with all the layering, Sue!

Stella said...

Sue you are wonderful. Such a heartwarming and lovely idea. The book look great. You're my FAVORITE lobster lady :)
I love the loayering and gorgeous colors. Stunning!
XX

Pauline said...

What a lovely and very thoughtful album for your client Sue, I bet she loves it!! So pretty and bright, it must be a real pleasure to pick up and look through.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

This the pretties , sweetest thing !!! Such a thought ful idea!!!! You are a good person!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is really gorgeous. You got all those elements to blend so wonderfully.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh that is so sweet of you!! I Love your album and I'm sure that your client will too ... Now you can be called the album lady...Have a beautiful day!

JoAnn said...

Beautifully done Sue. Love all the details and I am sure your client appreciates it.

Maria said...

Oh, wow! How sweet of you Sue to do such a very caring and thoughtful thing for your client! You're sharing your talent in such a special way! I'm sure she'll love it!

Candy said...

You are SO thoughtful!! What a wonderful gift of help for your friend Joan.

Anonymous said...

You are wonderful and thoughtful Sue! Love it!

Nancy said...

Well if you aren't the sweetest thing! How thoughtful of you! Hope you are well!

Adventures in Paperland said...

I've been doing a catch up Sue and I simply love this idea. What a sweet thing to do for your friend. It's also a great idea for those we love who have Alzheimer's. Thanks for the inspiration!