Monday, October 19, 2015

Playin' the Finnabair way!

I made a canvas for some friends of mine with this FAB photo he took of his granddaughter.  He said it was his Favorite photo of her to date!

I LOVE how this turned out except that when I looked at the photo, I could see some pink speckles of spray on the photo, even though I covered it up!  YIKES!
My old eyes and the photographers old eyes couldn't see the speckles in real life!  Thank Goodness!
 
I had a LOT of FUN making this!
Hope you like it!


14 comments:

Stella said...

The pink speckles are the signature of the master :) And it doesn't show; the result is gorgeous. Your canvas is a precious keepsake. I especially love the variety of elements and colors. And it's not filled to the brim. Well balanced and fab design!
XXX

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm sure he loved this canvas featuring his pretty little granddaughter! The "adore" letters hanging from the wispy branch are cute. Terrific project Sue!

Jill Norwood said...

What a gorgeous keepsake! I am sure it will be treasured! I love how you added the "adore"!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh so fabulous!

Marjan said...

It's handwork Sue, so no worries about your pink speckles. But I know what you mean, you didn't intend them to be there :)
Beautyful canvas and fab picture that is really set of by your work.

~Tammy~ said...

Very fun and unique Sue! Awesome job!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh he's going to LOVE it!! Beautiful work Sue ... Your haven't lost your touch!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful job on the canvas showcasing that sweet photo. So many pretty elements. TFS

Maria said...

What a gorgeous canvas of the sweet beautiful girl! Love all the pink and bits of green! So many lovely elements! It will surely be treasured!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh I know he is going to treasure this beauty! Love the background and "adore"!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous canvas Sue! Love all the layers and inky background! Surely your friend will treasure this!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! I'm sure he loved it!!!

Adventures in Paperland said...

Love this sweet photo and your mixed media canvas is awesome Sue. Your friend is sure to cherish this. :)