Thursday, July 23, 2015

July was Worse than June! Is That Possible?

I have a LOT of July birthday cards to share with you and one Sympathy card.  I'm not entering any specific challenges, just posting what I made with my new to me jar die and my first EVER shaker cards!  Took me a while!  But once I started, I couldn't stop.  The real problem is that I actually have more cards to make!  YIKES!
This one is my personal FAV - it's a male Birthday card for my Uncle Pete in New York.

I think the beads look like air bubbles!

 Here's an artsy card for my sweet blog friend Char.
 
I added some sequins to the micro beads and glass glitter.

I just started going through my paper stash to find cute prints that would fit in the jar.

LOVE the silver micro beads with the colors.

Here's a card without the shaker jar for a Dear friend in Missouri.

That wood bird made the postage go up to $2.54!  YIKES!

And this card is so special to me.  One of our clients passed away.  He's the man I used to make cards for to cheer him and his wife up.  Her favorite color is yellow and his was blue. 

I LOVE how the glass glitter with the blue water colored BG looks like water!
I am having the entire office and his caregivers sign it.
 
That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

Marjan said...

Such a versatile die and you've demonstrated that very well with the lovely cards you made, all of them so different but all beautiful! Love the birdcard too... Postage is expensive in the Netherlands too :( but that doesn't keep us from using things we like :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! These are all gorgeous! LOVING all those shaker jars!!!! Genius!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh what lovely cards Sue!! All so bright and happy ... I'm sorry to hear of the gentleman passing away though ... i'm sure his wife will be so happy to receive your sweet card though ... Sending hugs!

JoAnn said...

Love all your shaker cards, especially the first one. Great job with the shaker elements on each one. Sorry about your client passing away. I am sure she will appreciate your beautiful card.

Lisa Elton said...

Holy smokes, you were on a roll!! LOVE each and every one Sue. You always add the prettiest little details to your cards. These are fantastic!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

OH wow, that is a lot of cards to make in July, LOL! They are all beautiful!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Loving all of your beautiful cards!!!

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Sue, a real feast for the eyes! I love the shaker cards, I have never made one myself, but would love to try it. Your sympathy card is beautiful, and very thoughtful using the favourite colours of the this couple.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, I am so glad you gave the shaker card a try! These are fantastic. Love the idea of the jar as a shaker. So, so pretty!

Unknown said...

Shaker cards are so much fun, aren't they! I love the variety you made and how sweet you are to give them to your clients. These are all wonderful Sue!!

As for Finnabair, had to go this month bc August is going to be ridiculous for us. Too much going on and I'll be away all but 5 days. I would have loved to go with you. Next year maybe. I am taking a Tracy Verdugo at Donna's in late May and a follow up with Donna's Metamorphosis. Two birds with one stone. Wanna join me? :)

Stella said...

Sue this set of handmade gems is just amazing. I especially love the one you made for your uncle and your sympathy card is a precious keepsake. It will defintiely bring comfor to his wife. So sweet of you to use their favorite colors. Your take on shaker cards is fab!
Here in the Netherlands postage is expensive too.......

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous!!! I got mine today and love it!!!! Thank you so much for thinking of me๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ hugs friend๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€