Friday, December 26, 2014

PTI December Blog Hop

The December PTI Blog Hop Challenge is to create with gold and silver.  That color combo makes me think of New Year so I created a Happy New Year card with my new to me Happy die and embossing paste in gold and silver.
 
I used a stencil to add the gold and silver embossing paste in this diamond pattern.
It's heavier at the top and lighter at the bottom, just like the cake.
The flower is from Friends 'til the End and the New Year stamp is from Happy Days.
 
It is so difficult to photograph the shine in the gold and silver.  Did you have trouble with that, too?
 
I added a pale pink flower next because there is a pale pink flower in the inspiration photo:
 
I can't decide which one I like better but all I know is I had FUN making these cards and can't wait to see what YOU made for the PTI Blog Hop!



35 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE your New Years cards...so pretty!

DIANA L. said...

I love it the gradation of the dots is super

Rosemary said...

beautiful set of cards sue... love your take on the inspiration photo!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your stenciling looks fabulous~

carol (krillsister) said...

Love the background you created. You really took the inspiration photo to a tee. Awesome card.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic stenciling! Beautiful cards...great take on the inspiration photo! Who wouldn't want a New Year's card like these?
Hugs and keep smiling...
Sunshine Sharon

Laurie Unger said...

Great take on the inspiration photo! I like that it's a little bit different than a traditional New Years card! TFS

Patti said...

VERY pretty!! I love that stencil!!

Patti

Helen F. said...

Wonderful New Year's cards, Sue. Thanks for the fun ideas :-)

Carol McCready said...

Love those dots.

Carol McCready said...

Love those dots.

Ruth G said...

Beautiful! I love how you used the silver and gold! Both cards are so very lovely! TFS!

Lynn said...

Two absolute beauties Sue!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Sue! Love all the shimmery detail! Happy hopping!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful! Love how you did that background! Great design!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty pair Sue!! Love them both, but the pink bloom is so you!!

Marcia Hill said...

Love, love, LOVE your background! And both flowers look beautiful with this card...well done! :0)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! How BEAUTIFUL!! I just LOVE the Design!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! =)

Greta said...

Terrific design--great use of the embossing paste! Love them both, but the first is my favorite!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous cards - love the pink flower!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgeous!! Glad to see you in the gallery at the PTI blog hop!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love the background with the gold & silver embossing paste. The flowers are very pretty.

Ros Crawford said...

Such a lovely card and I love that pink flower ... I forgot to post my card sigh ...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are both gorgeous! LOVING the flowers!!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Both are beautiful! Each who receives will cherish! Love your take on the inspiration! I hope you had a blessed and wonderful Christmas!

Maria said...

Just gorgeous with the stenciling and beautiful flowers! It's a perfect take on the sketch! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love how you have interpreted the sketch! Your cards are so pretty. My favorite one is the pink, cos that's my favorite color!

Nancy said...

Sue, I love how you used the silver and gold and that bold flow. Love that new die too! Both cards are simply beautiful! Happy New Year my friend!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful cards Sue. Love the embossing textures paste background with the 2 colors. The flowers are gorgeous. I think I like the pink better, but the gold is so pretty too with the bling in the middle.

Pamellia said...

Hi Sue! Thank you for the wonderful Christmas wishes you left me while I was away. I had such a great holiday, I hope you did too! I just love both of your cards, I can't decide on a favourite, love the pink though...it does pop! It's great to be back, see you again soon, big new year hugs :)

Dianne said...

Hello Sweet Lady, both cards are gorgeous, hope you guys are having a wonderful Holiday season,have a wonderful New year, thanks for visiting my nest ((( BIG HUGS )))

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!!! Happy New Year to you Sue!!!

Stella said...

Sue at first I want to wish you and your family a wonderful, happy and healthy 2015. Filled wIth wOnderful moments. I also want to thank you for all the inspiration and lovely blog posts to read and look at. And last but not least; for all that you are doing for me. You are truly AMAZING and I hope that someday we will meet!
Your cards are breathtaking. I love them both. Elegant, shining, sparkling and GORGEOUS!!
XXX

Marybeth said...

Sorry I missed these two beauties! Love the gold with the beautiful bloom!
Hope 2015 is a wonderful year for you and your family!