Thursday, October 23, 2014

No Challenge ~ Just Playing!

I have had so much going on lately that I haven't had time to just PLAY with my crafty stuff.  So I took some time to make something I might use as a make and take as a Prima Ambassador.
Let me know what you think of it:
With the goal being to showcase LOTS of Prima products but not make it truly complicated time wise, I made this tag using Prima's Something Blue paper and the Julie Nutting "Mindy" girl stamp.
 
The most time consuming part will be cutting the girl out, but for a local scrapbook store where the customers are more savvy, I didn't want to just stamp her on a tag.  Her hair is watercolor paper I colored with several markers and glued on.  I also cut her top and skirt out of several patterns in the same paper collection.
Can you see the damask pattern on the side?  It was made with a Prima stencil and Prima light molding paste.  I figured if people did that first, it would be dry by the time their girl was ready!  LOVE the texture it adds!  I also adhered some gears down with Prima's new soft matte gel.  The rhinestone centers are part of the Prima rhinestone flourish I cut apart.

A little lace for her skirt, a banner with FUN and some Prima flowers finish it off.
GOSH it felt good to create ~ even though I would have added a lot more if I wasn't trying to create a M-N-T!
I hope you like it!


21 comments:

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sue, do elegant and pretty, I love the pretty papers an fab textures you used!

Jill Norwood said...

Wow! Love this tag Sue! Fabulous hair and outfit! And love the texture too! I think it would be a great make and take!

Marybeth said...

That's the best kind of card or tag to make...when you are just playing! You did a great job cutting the girl out and then that adorable lace you added to her skirt...love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow! This is gorgeous!!!! I love the soft colors!!!!!

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

Pamellia said...

This is fabulous Sue! I love your lady, she is so fashionable! Love the bit of lace you added to her dress and the damask really adds elegance! Love it! hugs :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fab tag Sue! Your girl looks beautiful! Love all the pretty Prima goodness!

Anonymous said...

OH MY WORD, this is so stinkin cute!!!!

Maria said...

Just absolutely gorgeous, Sue! Love the Prima lady and all the Prima goodies surrounding her...so pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

I LOVE LOVE they way you fancied up the doll...that lace trim GAH!!! Amazing tag Sue!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awww... that is pretty!!!!

Dianne said...

WOW like it, I LOVE it, so glad you decided to have some fun, this tag is a show stopper, the background is stunning, and your Doll is FABULOUS, love her hair and outfit, especially love the tiny bit of lace on her dress, it was fun just reading of how it all came together, thanks so much for sharing hope you have a wonderful weekend ((( HUGE HUGS ))) my Friend...

Ros Crawford said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!! Your class will be thrilled with this!

Unknown said...

Wow Sue, this is fabulous! First, it's really pretty and secondly it is a great make and take project. They will love it! xx

Stella said...

I can see why Prima asked to you to be one of their team members. You developed a gorgeous and unique style with mixed media. Great colors, fab with embossing paste and your stamping and paper piecing is amazing.Sue I love this/ It's so much more than just a TAG. It's a gem!
XX

JoAnn said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Sue. I love how you paper-pieced her hair and outfit, and then added the lace to her skirt. The damask accent and pretty flowers are great accents to a fabulous project.

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous :)

Marjan said...

I seem to have missed this, probably due to worktime. But happy to see it now, because this is o pretty!! Look at that gorgeous dress and hair and LOVE the background too.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Amazing tag Sue. Love that sweet lady and the soft colors on her. I have couple of these Prima images, but I can't seem to find a way to use them because of the size. The textures background looks wonderful.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Sue, you are a Prima girl?? That is so wonderful!!!! This tag you created is just breathtaking. The prettiest MNT I have ever seen.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Prima ambassador -cool! This is so pretty and girly and pink and all the things I love.
Katie x