I used two challenges to inspire my birthday card for a very dear family friend. I wanted it flat for mailing, too!
The Color Throwdown for colors (the blue is in the postage stamping) and
And Fusion for colors AND sketch.
Here's my card:
I LOVE these flowers from Crafty Individuals (U.K.) The banner was cut out of a leftover scrap of watercolored paper with paint on it.
I stamped them on water color paper and cut them out.
Middle panel
On the panel to the right, I colored it the boldest and added texture paste with beads to the flower center. (Wish you could see it in real life!)
This card will be mailed to New York City tomorrow!
I hope you like it but most of all, I hope my friend likes it!










28 comments:
Ooooh trust me, she will LOVE it!! Your coloring is amazing Sue, this is beautiful!!
Gorgeous!
Very pretty, Sue! I have a fondness for postal elements. You else are fabulous!
I have no idea what "you else" means......LOL
I think it's time for me to go to bed. :)
I meant to say that yours are fabulous. Which they are!
Beautiful card Sue! Love the trio of pretty flowers! The texture paste and beads add a great touch! Surely your friend will treasure this!
Beautiful stamping, Sue! Love those bright and happy colors and how you embellished the flowerhearts! Ofcourse she will adore this.
Hello Miss Sue,OMGOODNESS, I loooooove this triptych card, the colors are just gorgeous, the sentiment on that bold water color paper is stunning, wow I love it, thanks for sharing all this inspiration, hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))..
Sooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the colors and those flowers!!!!!
Fantastic take on the two challenges Sue! Love the flowers and all the postage stamps you added to them! Your friend will treasure this vintage beauty for sure! hugs :)
I'm sure she will LOVE it!! Lovely colouring Sue!
They look beautiful stamped on the watercolor paper. Love this three panel card,Sue!
What a pretty card! Reminds me of an Heirloom Seed packet.
Just gorgeous, Sue! Very pretty flowers and love the beads in the center! Wish I could see it in real life...so pretty! I'm sure your friend will love this amazing card!:-)
Sue your friend will love this. It;s gorgeous. I love the botanical stamps and the way you colored and embellished them. Fab contrast with that bright banner!
XXX
Gorgeous card Sue. Love the pretty images and the lay-out. The touch of colors look great on the rectangle images. The script background looks awesome. Thank you for playing with us at The Color Throwdown this week.
What a lovely b'day card design Sue! love all the text and your lovely bright coloring of the blooms on the panels! Thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion challenge GF!!
You never cease to amaze me with your creativity!!!!
Just gorgeous!!!
Gorgeous! I do like the flowers and texty background too. I'm sure your friend will love this card!
Your friend will love it! Gorgeous Sue!
This is SO gorgeous!! I love all that you have going on--every time I look I see something new and fabulous! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown this week!
Gorgoeus!! AMAZING colors, lovely addition to the FUSION gallery of loveliness, thanks so much for sharing and joiningus at FUSION Card Challenge!!!
Your coloring is sooo pretty and I love all the text...you have used the colors beautifully!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!!!
This looks beautiful :) I love the text BG on those panels. Thank you for sharing with Fusion!
Another beauty!! Love those flowers with the text background!!
I am POSITIVE your friend liked this beautiful card! Those flowers just pop off the neutral background!
I have this set and you've inspired me to get them out and play with them. :) Love the bright, cheerful colors!!! xx
These sure are beautiful blooms. The centre looks precious, your fine detail is spot on.
Katie x
Post a Comment