Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Card Concept #15 - Colour Challenge

This is my first time playing at The Card Concept but look at these AWESOME colours!  I couldn't resist!
 
 
I was so inspired by the lacy look of those candles and the colors that I took out my Gelli plate and started to play! (Process photos at the end).
So we had to pick a style of one of the DT members and I chose classy and elegant.  I ended up making two cards - sort of.  I'll show you what I mean.  First card:
I made Beautiful gelli prints for the BG and tag.  Here the tag is pulled out slightly and says love.

When you pull the tag out a little more, it says love you.

Then I pulled it out all the way and realized I really loved my Gelli print BG so I changed the card!

I kept the doily folded over and added a Happy Birthday banner out of another Gelli piece of paper and this time added a green flower.

I think this look is YUMMY!
 
Process photos:

After I rolled it out, being careful not to mix it, I made a print.

Then I added white paint to my Gelli plate, use a Viva Decor compass stencil, and pulled several more prints until I had the BG I wanted.
 
I hope you like them!
I had FUN!


24 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Love these colours too and your cards ... I love how you used that doily ... so pretty!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeee the doily and the colors!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

You're so funny!! I LOVE both of them, your background is gorgeous!! I really love the way you have the doily curling, so PRETTY!!

1CardCreator said...

Wow, both are gorgeous and I love the doily touch too. fabulous how you made that background too, just love it! ~Diane

LauraJane:) said...

STUNNING textured background! Thanks for the Process photos:)

Tenia Nelson said...

So so so COOL!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love the colours!!! Beautiful work Sue!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Sue! Love the painted background! Both versions are gorgeous! Those blossoms are to die for!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card!!!So colorful and fun! I've decided to frame the awesome card you made me, I love it a lot!! I made a card for this challenge to, but I haven't had time to get a picture yet. The MRI was a no go...apparently I'm clostrapobic!! So I have to wait to be in the open MDI next week

Stella said...

After receiving your handmade gem my jaw hits the floor again. Oh my Sue both cards are stunning! I love these colors and your design is gorgeous. I am a fan:)
XX

Thanks for the process photos with that gelli plate. I need to watch some you tube videos for a tutorial; looks like a fab technique!
XX

Unknown said...

Wow Sue!!! You really nailed the beautiful inspiration colors on this FANtabulous card. It reminds me of the gorgeous Caribbean waters. LOVE it!!! Have a wonderful weekend! xx

Deepti said...

Gorgeous BG and the doily is a perfect addition to ur design :)

♥Jan♥ said...

I am going to try this - the end result is so pretty ! We are busy making our next plans to go back to WDW in February, got our reservations today. We are bringing the kids this time !!

Julia Aston said...

Your gelli print background is beautiful on this Sue! Wonderful lacey look with the die cut edge and rolled up doily!

Heather Rogers said...

That is a beautiful color combo! Love the paper you made on your gelli plate. Both cards look fabulous. :)

Jill Norwood said...

Sue I just love the bg's you are creating! So pretty! And they make your cards and projects so uniquely beautiful!! Absolutely gorgeous my dear!!!

Maria said...

Wow! Both cards are gorgeous with the colorful background! Looks like loads of fun with the gelli plate!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So nice to see the transformation of your card, Sue. I think I like the second version better, too. It's such a pretty background you've created, it's a shame to cover it up.

Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept, my friend!

~Tammy~ said...

You just rock! I love both!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Sue, this is just a gorgeous mixed media project. I am in awe as mixed media and I do not get along too well, LOL! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Card Concept!

Michelle said...

Beautiful Gelli pulls! AND you made such lovely things with them! Gorgeous!

Marybeth said...

So fun the way you made this! Love the color blends! Beautiful tag card Sue!

Dianne said...

Okay Miss Sue you are a master with the gelli plate too, and in my favorite colors, I love them both, I can see why you wouldn't want to cover the gorgeous design you created, fabulous work as always. Thanks for sharing...

Shirley said...

Love your card either way and how you used the gelli print to do it! TFS the steps.