Monday, July 21, 2014

Fusion Card Challenge ~ Happy Birthday

I needed yet another birthday card for July - What's up with all of the July birthdays???  Anyway I decided to use the Fusion Card Challenge for my inspiration:
 
I thought the photograph was so pretty and used the colors and the flowers for inspiration.
Here's my card:
I have been making so many mixed media projects lately that I decided to make something more like the cards I used to make.  Still some of my most Favorite paper!
 

And a flower I bought ages ago from Michaels!  I need to use up my stash! 
The doily and sentiment are PTI.  Still LOVE!
 
Hope you like it!

21 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like it and so will the recipient! Love that you went back to your card roots today, just like riding a bike huh!! My hubby has a July birthday too!

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Sue! Love the pretty patterned paper, die cut doily and beautiful blossom! All the pearls add such a touch of elegance!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

simply pretty!

Marjan said...

Lovely and feminine, a beautiful birthdaycard, Sue! You create in different styles, I like that a lot too!

Lynn said...

Sue, you used the sketch and inspiration photo perfectly. I love how soft and feminine this card is. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion.

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful b'day card Sue! I love the small rose "wall paper", the lovely doily and sweet rose!

SmilynStef said...

Love your ribbon and gorgeous bloom ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

Marybeth said...

Yes, this is your other style that I remember well. The papers and doily are perfect with the pretty flowers paper. Love the saved bow ! Gorgeous ,Sue!

Pauline said...

That's beautiful Sue, so pretty, I love that gorgeous rose.

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous and the aqua ribbon brings it together beautifully.
{I would love you to take part in my 900 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Simone C Miranda Esposito said...

Muito fofo!

Maria said...

I see one perfect birthday card done in pink, aqua ribbon, and lovely flower...just gorgeous...love it!

Marge said...

Totally BEAUTIFUL, Sue -- LOVE that DP a lot too -- it's just such a sweet, feminine paper, I think. You've certainly done it justice here! Thanks so much for coming by my rather-neglected little blog today too. Bought a small jar of Gesso a few months back and still haven't opened it, but you come to mind every time I see it -- LOL!

Ros Crawford said...

So very beautiful Sue ... I love the way you stamped the sentiment onto the doily ..

Nancy said...

Doesn't matter if it's a MM or a regular card (for lack of a better word)...you still got game! LOL Beautiful! Love that paper too!

Dianne said...

Miss Sue, I have been loving your mixed media work you are so good at it, but you still make beautiful cards, that you'll never lose that. Hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))..

Shirley said...

How lovely and feminine, Sue!! Love how you did the sentiment, that bow, the DPs, and and that bow from your stash too!

Michelle Lupton said...

This is a gorgeous card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Sue. Love the flower, the sweet little doily with the greeting... pretty color combo. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Sue!! You are fantastic and so thoughtful!! I'm sure the recipient will love it!!

Jeanne J. said...

Wow! This is so pretty - everything is so beautifully coordinated like they were all just meant to be together!!