Saturday, July 19, 2014

CCCB #220 Chipboard Challenge ~ wish big

I needed to make a birthday card for my Sweet Bolg Friend Stella.  Stella LOVES blue and she also mentioned how much she loves the Dina Wakely scribbly birds that I just CAN'T STOP using!  So I made her a card using the current CCCB #220 Challenge to use Chipboard.
 
So here's my card where I used chipboard for the tiny tag sentiment and also for the branch for the birdie:
I just want to point out the damask pattern is embossing paste through a stencil and the blue at the top is TH Distress paint that I misted and dripped down the card front.  The purple "dots" are TH Distress paint through a Dina Wakely plastic canvas stencil.
The Carte Postal is from a TH Ephemera Pack.

To make this bird, I took a tag I had swiped leftover paint on, stamped the bird with archival ink, and clear embossed.  Then I fussy cut it out!  It just shines IRL!
For the branch I die cut a chipboard flourish, die cut some water color paper, used paints and inks for the colors, and then applied crackle.  I wanted it to look like bark.
 
I hope you like it!
It is on it's way to Stella in The Netherlands.  It will probably be a little late but she knows I LOVE her and wish her a Very Happy Birthday!


12 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Maria said...

So very pretty! Love the damask pattern and the lovely blue bird! Stella is going to love this creation!

Lisa Elton said...

The damask background is beautiful Sue! Love the pretty bluebird too, she'll adore this!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the damask stenciling and the pretty blue distress paint! It accents the bird beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Stella is going to love this card Sue!! ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the well wishes on vacation!! Its 40 degrees cooler here...Im all over that lol!!!Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us this week at CCCB :-)

Unknown said...

What a great card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Ros Crawford said...

I LOVE that colour on your bird and I know Stella will too! Fabulous card ... Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!!

~Tammy~ said...

Stunning! Stella will be over the moon with this piece of art! Gorgeous!

Marybeth said...

I LOVE that chubby bird too, keep using it! So vibrant in blue. Your background is gorgeous Sue! I am sure your friend can't wait to receive this one.

Dianne said...

Another gorgeous card with those sweet birds, I love the background you created, all that texture is lovely, I love the post card you added, Stella will love this, thanks for sharing..

Shirley said...

Your little bird is adorable and what you did for your BG and the bottom trim is outstanding. I really like the postcard and the way you did the sentiment too!

Loretta said...

Oh I love this one!