I am playing with Challenge #4 at CC3C which uses a technique on page 48 of Tim Holtz's book, A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. # 3. You need to have the book to play!
Here's my card for a special someone's Birthday:
I used the layering stencils Cargo and Crocodile to make my background. The Distress Inks I used were tea dye, rusty hings, broken china, and mustard seed. LOVE this color combo!
The leaves are idea-ology game spinners and the green is TH jute. The word for you are from idea-ology chit chat verbiages. The flower was die cut with the TH pinecone die with kraft core paper. Text was stamped on the flower before I rolled it and it is glued onto an idea-ology timepiece and dusted with broken china distress ink. The bg label is actually an alterations hanging sign dipped in TH Distress paint .
The wishes tab was made with idea-ology index tabs. LOVE them!
I also applied rock candy glitter to the faux tea rose.
Once again I was able to challenge myself to use all of the techniques we have learned so far, distress paint marbeling, faux roses, distress glitter and now TH layering stencils. I wonder how long I can keep this personal challenge going! LOL!
I hope you like my card!








14 comments:
FAB Sue!! I love the rose and the yarn for the stem!!
Well done!
Oh I love that color combo too, the design is brilliant, love the clock hands incorporated with your gorgeous flower, I love your card, thanks for sharing, I hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))..
This is gorgeous! LOVING what you did with the clock hands!!!!!!!
A lot of neat elements on this one Sue! Beautiful flower and I LOVE the rock candy glitter!
Forgot to say keep up with your personal challenge ...you can do it!
What no pink?? Lol!
This is brilliant ... you know I use clock hands a lot ... so versatile and I love your use here
My favorite part is the game spinners for leaves! You are so clever and unique in your design process. Just makes you the awesomeness!
what a bright fun design with the stenciled letters in the background Sue - great job getting ALL of the challenges on there! love that big tea rose too!
Gorgeous use of mixed media! Really pretty card!
Geez..how do you do MM so well! Love the clock hands for the flower petals!!! Well done!
Fantastic card Sue! What an awesome mixed media work of art! Love the beautiful background that you created and the fabulous rose!
Great whimsical piece! Your flower is so quirky and fun. Love this! Thanks for entering this on CC3C!
So much fabulousness to drink in! I love the metal wishes tab and arrow leaves, then of course there is that awesome rose! Awesome Sue ;)
Post a Comment