Monday, April 21, 2014

MFT #172 - Get Sketchy!

I decided to play along with the MFT #172 Sketch:
I also challenged myself to create without using patterned paper!  This is a real challenge for me!
Here's my card:
The BG was created with the Stencil MPD Petal Pattern.  LOVE!

You might have to enlarge the next photo to see what I'm going to describe next:
On the pink panel I used the Stencil MPD Graduated Dots.  The embossing paste is translucent so IRL you have the texture and the clear dot pattern.  It's looks so FAB but is difficult to photograph.
The flower is MPD Contemporary Roses.  After I stamped the two shades of ink, I took the solid rose, inked it with Versamark, added clear embossing powder, and made it shiny, too!  This is one of my FAV techniques to add a little something.
The doily is MFT Decorative Doily Duo, the leaves are MFT Royal Leaves, and the thank you sentiment is from the MFT Just My Type stamp set.
I hope you like it!


20 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful! LOVING the flower and the pearls!!!

Heather Rogers said...

Pretty in pink!Love your stenciled background and pretty rose. :)

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful, Sue! Love the elegance of this card.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

~Tammy~ said...

So soft and pretty in pink! Love it to bits! No PP is a challenge for me too! Another beauty Sue!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely adore this!! hope you have a happy and blessed Easter weekend :)

Michelle said...

Such a pretty card! I love that beautiful rose. Beautiful!

Marjan said...

Beautiful card!!

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful! And I love that clear paste ... it looks so very effective

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Sue, you have made a gorgeous card with your own paper design and you always do it so well, I love it when you do your own thing,it's better than using pattern paper, thanks for sharing and the inspiration..

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your card turned out beautifully! I love the polka dot embossing!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty stenciled background Sue and your rose turned out GREAT! This is feminine and as pretty as can be!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Sue! I love the stenciled background and beautiful blossom! Thanks so much for joining along with MFT :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous stenciling and pretty blossom!!!

1CardCreator said...

Pretty card, love the stenciling too. ~Diane

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love your stenciled background.

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is simple, feminine and sweet, and COMPLETELY steals my heart, Sue!

Juls said...

Gorgeous!! Loving the soft colour tones!! Hugs Juls

Vickie Z said...

Love the background you created with the stencil!! Fab card!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Sue. Love the red highlights on the rose.