Welcome to eclectic Paperie’s ePlay Challenge – Push Your Boundaries! This month we’re altering WOOD! Check out Sherry Cheever's post here! Anything wood goes, whether it's a complicated project or altering something wood on your creation! Come Play with us and have a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to the eclectic Paperie Shop! So MANY goodies to choose from! We can't WAIT to see what YOU create!
For MY project, I altered a wood door hanger for my craft room:
I LOVE how the colors of my Tim Holtz Distress Paints blend together!
Here is a close up of the rose made with the Prima Floral Rose Stencil and Wendy Vecchi embossing paste that I added Silks Acryllic Glaze in Raspberry Wine to, making that Yummy color of paste.
I used two stencils and Ranger's Black Archival ink for the words (Prima Floral Rose) and the butterflies (TCW Mini Specimens). I also use a black stabilo pencil mark down the inside of the rose stem for definition.
All of the gold was added with the Prima Floral Rose Stencil and Wendy Vecchi's gold embossing paste. Oh how I LOVE the gold paste and the tiny dot pattern in this stencil. Plus the stencil has words and flowers. And it's 12 x 12! I could just use it on EVERYTHING!
Here's a side view so you can maybe see the Wendy Vecchi clear embossing paste I used with the Prima stains and the hearts I stenciled with the Wendy Vecchi Never Enough Hearts Stencil.
Here is my door hanger hanging on the knob to my craft room door. I am so Pleased with how it turned out!
Following are some process photos:
This and the next photos show the adding and blending of the Tim Holtz Distress Paints. I LOVE how you can spritz the paints when they are wet to make them run and blend but when they are dry, they are dry. Even if you add wet products and layers, they don't bleed once they are set. LOVE!!!
Adding more colors.
How it looks after spritzing it with water.
I flipped it upside down to add color to the top of the door hanger.
This is how it looked after more spritzing with the Inksessentials Mini Mister. They are ALWAYS sitting on my desk ready to spray away!
After the paint was Completely dry, I rubbed a TH Pickled Raspberry Distress Ink all over the sides and top to fill in any white spaces.
This shows the Prima Stain Stencil and Wendy Vecchi's clear embossing paste. It's white when it goes on but dries clear letting the pretty colors shine through but adding another layer of texture.
This is how the embossing paste looks after you remove the stencil and it turns clear after it is totally dry. The clear is hard to photograph but trust me - it ROCKS on your project! LOVE it!
I hope my creation has inspired you to come play with us at the ePlay Altered Wood Challenge!


















26 comments:
STUNNING!!!!!!
Womderful door hanger for your fabulous craft room Sue! I have a few of these paints too, but I haven't used them yet! I bet it really shimmers in the light with all that texture and gold embossing.
What a cheerful way to greet yourself and guest to your room!
Hope you are having fun in the sun!
How bright and colorful and FUN Sue! this will certainly add some happiness to the door of your craft room and lighten your spirits every time you see it!
This is fab!! Love the bright colours and I always love to see the stages ... maybe I'll join in
So pretty!! I do love the gold too! And I didn't know that distress paints didn't run after they dried ... all these projects I could have been using them after all!!!! Thank you!!
Love the vibrant colors combined with gold and black. Beautiful Sue!
Wow wow wow!!! This is just amazing!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors!!!!
Beautiful tag Sue! Love all the colors and the stencils you used, so inspiring!
Your door hanger is so very bright and beautiful! Love those colors and pretty rose stencil!
If this were hanging on a door to an unknown room...I would KNOW it was YOUR room!!! This is SO you Sue. Love it!!
This is just so cute!! I love the bright pink!
Love this the colors are gorgeous and thank you for sharing how you made it too! ~Diane
OMGosh, I wish I could do what you do with such ease!! I love what you did with the distressed paint, dyes, and Duh Me here liked the dots you made before the spritzes too! LOL Like how you used the paste, and all of the stencils and gold paste you used!!
This looks wonderful. So bright and happy!!
Hugs~
Beautiful project Sue! Love the pretty rose and all the golden shimmery details!
Really Pretty! Love the colors you chose! HUGS my friend!
Love love love this color combo. The black just POPS off the background. Beautiful job Sue. {{hugs}}
This is so pretty and feminine, Sue! And, the colors you used are just stunning. I loved seeing how the Distress paints blend with water. I just might have to get me some of those soon! ;)
oooooh wow!!!! Stunning!!! Love the bright Colours !!! Hugs Juls
Beautiful altered door hanger. Love the pink and yellow paint colors. :)
I'm a pink girl too Sue. ;) Love your door hanger and the fun colors plus Wendy's wonderful embossing paste looks great. This is a FAB project!! Hugs, Lisa
{PS Hope you are having a wonderful time on your trip}
Oh my gosh it's beautiful and so you! I love the added gold with this pink! Thanks for taking the time to show us all the steps.
Oh, so pretty. Love the pictures of the steps... so many amazing layers... that pink again... loving it!
oh wow, that is a gorgeous wooden door hanger. LOVE the colors and the texture. Hm, I have a couple of those hangers, the grandkids, especially the oldest one, would LOVE one just like that. Gorgeous.
Oh ny giddy aubt, so vibrant and full of colour..gorgeous Sue!!
xoxox
Post a Comment