Friday, March 28, 2014

Love is the Flower You've Got to let Grow

It is my turn to post on the eclectic Paperie Blog and I decided to play in my Dylusions art journal with some new stencils, paints, and embossing pastes.  Since I was concentrating on flowers, I found this FAB quote on my computer:
It just tied my two pages together!

Here are my pages.  I used bright Dylusions Ink Sprays for my BG colors on top of Tim Holtz Terminology tissue wrap and left the words showing though.  Then I let the FUN begin!
 
 Close up of left page:
The flowers were added using Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste with my Wendy Vecchi 3 Fresh Flowers Stencil.  The black stencil marks were made using Wendy Vecchi's black embossing paste and the TCW Mini Textured Stencil.  I painted the flowers with Silks Acryllic Glaze in Boysenberry and Raspberry wine.
 
 Close up of the right page:
Same process except some additional steps.  I painted the daisies with titanium white Golden Paint.  I outlined the daisies with a Stabilo all pencil in black.  I made circles with the Raspberry Wine Silks Acrylic Glaze using two tops from bottles.  Then I added dots in Blizzard and Peony using Art Anthology Dimensional Crystals.  Also if you look closely you will see the white heart I added with the TCW Confetti Stencil.  I LOVE this stencil so much I use it on practically Everything!

In this close up you can see the FAB texture on the flower outlined with the black pencil and the dimensional dots in the center.

I added this date stamp.  This helps me keep a record of when I made something so I can follow my artistic development as I try new things.  Silly maybe but I like it!
 
 Some process photos:
Tissue wrap with embossing paste flowers.  Can you see them?

As I was adding Dylusion Sprays.

Here I started painting the flowers (after the paste and ink were completely dry).
 
And in case you forgot ~ my finished pages:
I hope you like them!  I really had FUN!
 


22 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Sure this is so beautiful! I love the flowers over the tissue print! And the sprays are gorgeous colors! What a wonderful quote for these lovely pages!

Lisa Elton said...

How fun is this! Love the bright colors and the flowers, kind of reminds me of the sixties style with tie dye and long floral headbands!! CUTE!!

Nancy said...

Love these pages!!! It does have a sixties vibe for sure! Well done!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooo beautiful!! I love love love love the colors, the flowers and all the circles!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Happy comes to mind right away!!!! Love the bright colors and the way you did the John Lenon quote!

Maria said...

Gorgeous bright colors with pink, yellow, and touch of blue! Sweet flowers and the quote is just perfect! Well done as always, Sue! Have a great weekend!:-)

Unknown said...

WOW!! I LOVE these pages. Such wonderful color makes me happy..

Hope you have a happy weekend.

Hugs~

Shirley said...

Sue, you have really gotten into the mixed media and your create some really beautiful things, just like this for example!!! I have one started and you may laugh a little. Well the corners are mixed. LOLOL This is wonderful!

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful and vibrant journal page. :)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Hey Sue! Your journal pages are fabulous! Love the colors and how you painted the daisies!

Unknown said...

Love the bright, fun colors on this fab journal spread Sue. The quote is perfect. :)

Pauline said...

Sue those pages are beautiful, the inks are such vibrant colours and remind me of sunset. Love the use of your bottle tops and the sweet flowers, and your tutorial is fab!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely quote Sue and beautiful work!! Have a fun day!

1CardCreator said...

This is gorgeous, I love the way you used the dylusions colors on the page, looks awesome! ~Diane

Diane said...

How fun with your bold colors.

Hugs diane

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great pages and lovely colors...I like what you do with the stencils...
great work
bibiana

Anonymous said...

What FUN bright pages!! I bet there were fun to make!

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Sue, GORGEOUS PAGES, love to see how you create it, I think the idea of the date is a fabulous idea, I'm going to do that in mine when ever I get at it :),love the circles, I have been using that tec. thanks honey,but adding the white dots, brilliant idea, love how the colors blended together, beautiful, gorgeous page, love all the close ups, thanks for sharing and always giving me some inspiration, have a wonderful day ((( BIG HUGS )))...

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Loving this journaling page, such fun process and gorgeous colouring!!!!!!!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful art journal pages Sue! Love the pretty color palette and all the textured blossoms!

Marybeth said...

We are talking lots of work here. The end results is beautiful! Love the texture on the flowers. Kinda reminds me of the 70s with all the flower power stuff. Oh so long ago.

Juls said...

fabulous pages!!! Hugs Juls