Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday Creations ~ {Coffee Love Garland Gift}

Isn't THIS just the most Adorable Stamp Set from Precious Remembrance?!!! 
It's called
 
For my Saturday Creations post, I decided to make garland with three of the images from this stamp set - the coffee cup, the winking smiley face, and the heart.  I created the following gift basket with a matching card:
I made it for a friend who LOVES chatting over a good cup of coffee!

Here is a close up of the garland I strung on the crate.

Here is a close up of the card:
Not only did I hang some garland on the top, but I added twine to the bottom of the card as well to balance it out.

Here is a close up of one of the FAB sentiments in the stamp set.  I added a tiny heart to mimic the heart on the coffee band (which I crimped so it would look like the real thing).

I wanted to point out two things in this photo.  First, I made the coffee lid by stamping with Versamark and clear embossing on black so it would look like plastic.
 
Second, I made the garland by punching out the images with two different sized circle punches and then sandwiching them on the twine (after running them through a Xyron machine to make them super sticky). 
The circles went with the polka dot motif ( on the coffee mugs) and it was much easier than cutting them out!
 
I hope you like my "Out of the Box" creation with this Fantastic Stamp Set called Coffee Love!
 


21 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is an awesome gift idea.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Pauline said...

Love your personalised coffee basket gift, and matching card, such a cool present for a coffe lover!

Michelle said...

Sue, that paper garland is THE cutest thing! Love this project.

Maria said...

Oh, what a fun coffee gift project! Love that adorable banner! And, awesome basket and card, Sue!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your card turned out perfect! and the garland is adorable and so much fun!

Lisa Elton said...

Left you some love on the PR blog but wanted to let you know again this is so DARN CUTE!!!

Heather Rogers said...

Super cute card and matching coffee gift basket. A perfect gift...IMO. :)

1CardCreator said...

Love this, such a versatile stamp set too! Love how you used your Xyron, I love using mine to add lace and ribbon, not sure why they call it a "sticker maker" lol. ~Diane

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh so beautiful! LOVING the colors and those garlands!!!!!!

Nancy said...

This is so cute! Love that the garland is on the box as well as the card..what a great gift!! Super job!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun gift ensemble Sue! Love the little banner of cups and hearts!

Ros Crawford said...

Super fantastic gift!! Love that card and the beautiful gift box ... your friend will be so happy!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What an awesome gift! Your friend is gonna love it! Love how you crimped the blue and embossed the lid! So cute! And that banner is adorable!

Jill Norwood said...

This is such a sweet gift basket and card! Love the sweet banner! And so excited that I won this stamp set! :)

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Sue, okay how flipping creative are you, this is brilliantly created,the garland is fantastic and your matching card is fabulous, your always creating things with love, that's the best art, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week. You've inspired me to make some love art for you, I was looking for something to make.. ((( BIG HUGS )))

Marybeth said...

Hi Sue. How fun is this garland! What an adorable gift basket loving the garland you made.love those polka dot cups to! Great idea to heat emboss the lid . Truly a beautiful gift and card.

Stella said...

The garland is so sweet such a nd your gift box is a gift of it's own....your friend will LOVE it! X

Colleen Dietrich said...

That garland is adorable, Sue! And the whole gift looks like something your friend will adore. You are so thoughtful. :)

Unknown said...

What an adorable gift basket. And that card goes perfect with it.

Hugs~

Stamping With Bibiana said...

very cute set
TFS
bibiana

Unknown said...

Great idea! Love the sweet banner Sue. Terrific card as well. Thx for the inspiration. :) Hugs, Lisa