My Layout is all about HOPE.
I LOVE these resin Angels that I painted with Silks Acrylic Paints.
I am linking this to the Prima January Build A Page Sketch:
I was very fortunate to attend the Prima Artventure a couple of weeks ago and came back with all kinds of Prima goodies that I put to good use on this special layout!
My layout is all about HOPE for my friend's tiny little 2 month old baby boy who needs open heart surgery. I can't even imagine.
I used the photo from the actual baby announcement and built my page using Prima Elements that help me tell his story. The title Hope with the angels couldn't be more perfect.
Here is a close up of the hearts (on the Prima "Princess Paper") I outlined with a glaze pen. I used metal and wood gears and clocks with the hope that they can get his heart working again. See the tiny little plane on the clock? The family is waiting to hear when they can fly him to Boston Children's Hospital to have his surgery. I also used a lot of stitching to represent mending his heart.
Here's his Beautiful little face surrounded by more heart gears and time pieces and a flower to represent Florida where he lives along with a butterfly made of cork. Can you see the tiny clothespin? Even that has the word Hope on it. The ruler is to measure his growth because hopefully, when the surgery is a success, he will grow into a fine young man.
Some photos of my process:
The embossing paste looked so COOL for my background but I thought it needed a little color.
I painted the stenciled pattern with Silk Paint and Gesso and added outlines to the hearts with my Sakura Glaze pen.
I hope you like my layout. Creating is how I cope with the emotions of life. I'm not sure I will give this to his parents. I am going to wait and see how he does with surgery and maybe I'll change the word to LOVE and frame it for them to put in his room. But right now, I am filled with HOPE and prayers.
Prima Products I used:
Paper - Princess Collection ~ LOVE!
HOPE Resin Angels
Vintage Trinkets
Hope Wood Embellishments
Heart Gears Junkyard Findings
Butterfly Natural Bark Shapes
Shabby Chic Treasures - Tassles
Clocks Wood Embellishments
Clothespin Wood Embellishments Life Time
Ruler and Scalloped Edge Wood Embellishments
Doily Stencil - Finnabar
To read more about my process and products, check out my HOPE post at the eclectic Paperie blog!
Thanks for stopping by and for all of the FAB comments you leave! I appreciate them all!












29 comments:
This is sooooooo touching and beautiful! I love those Hope Angels!!!!! And I will have him in my prayers for his upcoming surgery!!!
Oh this is precious! You thought of everything to represent this moment in time. Lots of prayers!
Such a wonderful en beautiful lay-out, Sue! The little angels, the soft colors, the texture.. I love those details. And look at the adorable little boy in the photo. I do hope he will grow up to be a healthy and happy big boy after surgery.
Beautiful layout Sue! Lovin' all the pretty Prima products you used! Your background looks fab!
I'm praying for your friends baby, I couldn't even imagine. Your page is beautiful!!! Keep us posted please :-)
Beautiful layout Sue!! Love those little angels.
So heartwarming and thoughtful of you. Sue; you created a masterpiece and I know your friend will treasure this. I love the angels and the photo of that beautiful boy melted my heart. This LO shows how much love you put in this project. Your friend is blessed with someone like you.
Creating can help you dealing with your emotions. A wonderful way to exress yourself. You did a wonderful job. Love it. Take careXXX
Sue this is stellar my friend, heart warming and so very moving. Each element so perfectly thought out an deplaned, your friend will truly treasure this. There was a moment in time we thought that our little one would need open heart surgery as well. He was six months old and they thought he had a large hole in his heart. Thank God tests found it to be a teeny pinhole murmur instead. He's a grown married man and perfectly healthy. I pray a good outcome for this little man as well.
eeek sorry about the typo there! Should read: thought out and planned!
Love this Sue...that boy has such a precious face. I pray that all prayers will be answered and he will pull through perfectly! HUGS
Oh how darling!! The face of the precious baby just melt my heart, wish him all the best!
Sue, this layout is so beautiful! And your words describing your layout are so touching. Your friend is going to cherish this!
Such a beautiful LO for such a darling little guy. I sure do hope surgery goes well for him. I couldn't imagine either. She is surely going to treasure this gift. :)
This is a beautiful page and that sweet little boy is so precious! Keeping him in my prayers and his parents. What a doll! I love all the wonderful layers, details and love that you put into this one Sue.
Oh Sue, what an absolutely beautiful layout of your friend's darling baby. I hope the operation goes well, and he recovers quickly, what a worrying time for them.
both projects are awesome...love all those wood embellishments and the stencil one with the paste is so gorgeous...can't wait the en d result
hugs
bibiana
Stunning, Sue! You have to give it to them. And you don't have to change a thing.
Bless his heart, I'll be keeping him in my prayers. Beautiful page, I love the muted colors with the wood pieces. Beautiful and calming. Gorgeous.
What a beautiful beautiful page this is ... Those Angels are adorable and so is the baby ... I hope all goes well ...It's just amazing what they can fix these days and that little guy looks like a fighter!
Sue, this is a beautiful layout. I love all the details and those little angels are just perfect.
I do hope that everything goes well for your friend's son. Sending positive thoughts your way! xx
Wow! This layout is beyond amazing, Sue! It brought tears to my eyes! So creative with deep meaning with all the elements! A darling photo of the sweet little boy. I'll keep him in thought and prayer!
Oh Miss Sue you have THE BIGGEST HEART, the love you created is singing all over the page, it's an amazing and beautiful tribute to that sweet little Angels,what ever you choose to do with it, it will be perfect..For the creating of it, well that background is GORGEOUS, love the colors, using the blue on the paste, brilliant, arranging all the beautiful and heart felt embellishments are perfect, this is an exceptional creation, thanks for much for sharing it all, I LOVED it, have a good week and I'll keep that little Angel in my prayers, (((( BIG HUGS ))))..." Creating from the heart ic the best"...
Sue, you are a true artist in every sense of the word, as this beautiful, heartfelt page proves! Praying he'll look on it fondly in his future and feel the love you put into it!!!
All going well here, just stepping back a bit -- embracing the precious time God has given us; we celebrated 35 wonderful years of marriage this month! ;~)
Oh Sue, what a precious {and thoughtful} LO! He is such a sweetheart and I'll be praying for this family. Crafting is a wonderful way to deal with all that life throws us sometimes. Please keep us posted on how he is doing. TFS! Hugs, Lisa
So beautiful Sue, will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Bless you sweet lady.
Big hugs
Xxxx
Wow, Sue, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love all the details and that adorable photo. The hope with the resin angels is perfect.
Such a beautiful project! Hugs Juls
What a precious page Sue. Love the soft colors, the embellishments... the embossing paste and the touch of color... hope this little angel will have a successful surgery one day.
What an amazing layout for an amazing little guy. His eyes speak so much, they really do. They look like the eyes of an older soul. He's precious. Sending good wishes his way!
Post a Comment