I was thinking about the fact that my blog is named "Card Therapy" and I haven't made many cards lately so in 2014 I am going to make more cards and play in more challenges ~ of all kinds!
I decided to try my hand at the MME January Color Inspiration Challenge.
Here is the color graphic with the colors:
And here is the card I made:
I was visiting my friend Loretta in Texas and we went craft shopping (of course)! I bought this new to me paper collection at JoAnn's called Chalk Studios along with twine and layered stickers. Because I also had to add the orange and yellow colors that weren't in that MME collection, I literally cut out the color block from the graphic and stitched it to my BG. I added three resin roses, the wooden star I distressed, and the flower banner cut from paper in the MME Record This Moment 6 x 6 paper pad.
I don't usually use stickers but this double layer set is FAB! LOVE this sentiment ~ Enjoy Everyone and Smile Every Day!
Here I am in Loretta's Craft Room where we were playing with the Gelli plate, paints, and deli paper and I made this heart you will see in the future!
I also made two more cards with the Chalk Studio 6 x 6 paper pack:
LOVE the pinks, the washi tapes, the twine and flower!
SHHHH! I am sending THIS card to Loretta for her hospitality!
Here's a close up of the embellies.
Here is my third card with the same MME paper pack.
I cut out the chevrons at the bottom to make a pretty edge and used a strip of chevron paper in the opposite direction to make an arrow. The Life is Good banner is a double layer sticker from the MME Chalk Studio collection.
I hope you enjoyed my foray back into card making. It felt so GOOD to create!
AND it was FUN crafting with my friend, Loretta!












25 comments:
Gorgeous creations!
Three gorgeous cards...love the mix/match of papers on the first one Sue.
Beautiful cards Sue! Love the chalkboard sentiment and your mix of colorful papers! Great photo of you crafting at Loretta's! What fabulous creations! Love the beautiful blossoms!
You have been a busy lady Sue! Love all those wonderful papers you got to use! Nothing like craft shopping with a friend! I miss my Lisa!
Wow you weren't kidding when you said you were going to make more cards!! These are all so pretty Sue. I love that you used the actual color graphic on the first one, what a great idea!! It's a happy card!
I love your cards Sue! So nice to see some of your beautiful creations - you obviously had a fabulous time with your friend in Texas, and the love in your cards shows! Gorgeous papers and those blooms finish them off perfectly, pure elegance!
Yes i did enjoy every single card and all the pretty paper packs you used for these. Beautiful layers and fun dies and stickers.
Looks like you had fun in Texas ...beautiful picture of you. I don't think you ever take a bad picture...
What a terrific selection of cards ... And how clever to print the graphic! I adore MME papers and I'm sure your friend will adore her card ... beautiful blossoms there and great photo!
Yay! So happy to see you blog your work again! I am needing more card therapy lately, but can't get the time in. So NEEDED!
I super duper love your shares today! Needed a smile! Just picked up the chalkboard pad the other day which was a small retail therapy after a depressing report! It's the little pick me ups!
Wow wow wow!! These are all gorgeous!! LOVING all the flowers!!!!!!
Both of these cards are gorgeous and it is good to see you feeling so happy too. Glad you had fun with your friend and that you were inspired to make the beautiful cards! ~Diane
It's nice to see some cards from you again, Sue! Great work and I love the way you combined things!
I LOVE these cards, Sue! Especially the first one with the chalkboard sentiment and distressed star. And, how cool that you used the actual color block from the challenge! You are always so creative!
Hello Miss Sue, stop, you make a lot of FABULOUS cards, all in your own unique style,brilliant idea to use the color block, lovely layers. I love the flowers and twine on the other 2 cards. Your workshop sounds fabulous,I'm going to make my own gelli plate :) and have fun creating backgrounds, it's one of my favorite things to do. I did enjoy your wonderful cards thanks for sharing, hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))..
Lovely cards, Sue! Love the chalkboard sentiment, colors, and flowers! I can't wait to see what you create with the colorful heart!:-)
So good to see you back to cardmaking again. Love the fresh look of the first card and the chalkboard sentiment is fab! The second card is another stunner. Love love love that flower! Good to hear you had a wonderful time together. So happy to see you in blogland! XX
Gorgeous cards! So glad to see you making cards again! Missed you!
Beautiful cards my dear! Love the ways you used the papers! Looks like you had fun in Texas! A wonderful picture! :)
Sue, I adore MME papers and I didn't know that had a blog with challenges so thanks for that tip! I sure enjoy reading and looking at your blog...beautiful creations...and good luck on your goal to make more cards in 2014! HUGS!
Such sweet cards, I love every one of them!
Gorgeous cards!!!! I love them all!! Cute heart too!!!
I too am a card maker who hasn't been making cards. As soon as my new studio is complete,(mid Feb) I doing to try to make a card a day
Love the retro feel of your first card, The others are just fabulous too!, hugs Juls
Love these flowers! The little stamens give such texture to them. :)
Love your cards. the last one is my favorite.
Post a Comment