Hi everyone. Happy New Year! I am hosting the January Get Altered Challenge at eclectic Paperie. The eP Get Altered challenge begins the first Thursday of each month and is an opportunity to explore your creative journey, step outside your
comfort zone, and experiment with new products and techniques. It's all about
having fun while creating altered and mixed media art with a chance of winning a
$15 gift certificate to the eclectic Paperie .
I chose to use a Wendy Vecchi - Studio 490 - Art Parts Hearts Love & Stars kit shown at the end of my post to make my heart wall hanging.
Here it is:

I am going to show you heart by heart details and then some of my process at the end. (LOTS of photos! YIKES!)
I chose to use a Wendy Vecchi - Studio 490 - Art Parts Hearts Love & Stars kit shown at the end of my post to make my heart wall hanging.
Here it is:

I am going to show you heart by heart details and then some of my process at the end. (LOTS of photos! YIKES!)

This is the largest heart, star, and LOVE word. I used Tim Holtz distress paints, a Prima Donna Downey Damask Stencil, and Wendy Vecchi White embossing paste to make this heart. The pink ribbon is from a Victoria's Secret bag!

Another close up. The text is a Christmas Tim Holt stamp set. LOVE the font and it doesn't matter that it's Christmas because you can't read it! LOL!

On my last heart I used Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 translucent embossing paste. LOVE how it adds texture but you can see the paint colors through it! I also added A Wendy Vecchi Blossom Bucket natural heart that I painted white.
Some Process Photos:

Here is a page in a journal where I wiped my left over paint for a future project ~ NEVER waste this FAB paint!

I applied white Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 embossing paste through a Prima Donna Downey Damask Stencil for my large heart,

and Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 translucent embossing past to my smaller heart. It looks white when first applied but dries clear as I showed you in a previous photo. LOVE!
Here is what the kit looks like when you purchase it with an example of what you could make.
Here is what my desk looked like as I was putting my wall hanging together. You are only limited by your imagination plus I have enough pieces left to make a couple more things! This kit is FUN and I love how easy it is to make holes in it with the Crop a dile. Cuts like butter!
Now go get out your hearts and alter something! Then link it to the eclectic Paperie's Get Altered Challenge and be entered to win a $15 gift certificate to the EP Shop!
Now go get out your hearts and alter something! Then link it to the eclectic Paperie's Get Altered Challenge and be entered to win a $15 gift certificate to the EP Shop!












27 comments:
Happy New Year Sue! LOVE your project! Love all the texture, mix of colors and rhinestones! What a keepsake to treasure!
This is soooooooooooo gorgeous!!! I love love love the colors and the textures!!! You have outdone yourself!!!!
You wow me with all the steps it takes to make one of your beautiful projects! Love the end results of this pretty heart wall hanging.
Happy New Year Sue!
Happy New Year sweetie ... such a beautiful hanger ... lovely work Sue and great tutorial!
This is so pretty....so pink....so you! Love it girl! Fabulous!!!
Hapy New year Sue and geesh it has been too long...I missed being here and glad to be back to blogging. I love love love your tutorial because I must try mixed media this year (pinned it to my mixed media board on Pinterest!!) I do not have many mixed media supplies right now but I do have some distress stains and gesso hee hee:) Have to make a shopping list :) I love your heart wall hanging! XX
Gorgeous heart wall hanging, Sue! Love the bright pink, stars, and all the elements! Thank you so much for the tutorial! Happy New Year, hugs!
Love, love, love this Sue!
Absolutely beautiful!!! Love the colors!!!
Hope you have a fabulous 2014!!!
What a beautiful work of art this is Sue and SO very you!! The beads are pretty and I love all of your details, awesome girl!!
Wow, Sue, this is a gorgeous project. Love all the texture and details you added. Great job.
Happy New Year.
This look awesome. I Love everything about it.
Hugs~
Absolutely gorgeous Sue, a stunning wall hanging!
Happy New Year to you xx
Hi Sue happy new year !!! what a fun fun art wall hanging I love all the bright colors and pretty hearts !!
This is so cute Sue. I love it and love the step by step photos. :) Hugs
Gorgeous piece, love the paste layers, looks fabulous! Happy New year! ~Diane
This is GORGEOUS Sue, Happy 2014!!!!
Wow this is so beautiful ! Happy New Year Sue !! Hope you are doing well. Can you believe I have bronchitis, left over from when we met back in Nov. grrr. Lol. LOVE !! - Jan -
Hello Miss Sue, congratulation on your 30th, you 2 look much to young to have been married that long, that book you created is FANTASTIC, just perfect, the colors, the gorgeous couple..
These hearts are a BRILLIANT make,altering things is one of my favorite thing to do, love how you used your waste, on your journal, I'll be looking forward to start journal-ling, this year, your inspiration for it has inspired me to give it a try. All the best in 2014 to you and your loved ones, ((( BIG HUGS ))) my Friend..
Hello There! Gorgeous heart wall hanging, Sue! Love the step by step photos! Well done for sure!
Happy New Year!!mCo grats on your anniversary!! Love....LOVE this wall hanging....too cool!!
Hi Sue, this is so beautiful. You really can do anything can't you, a lady with many talents! Sorry I have been AWOL, been away for what feels like forever. Hugs, Brenda xx
Hello my sweet Lady, I love to alter things and this is gorgeous, the colors are fantastic,I love how you don't waste anything, love the texture and the script stamping, its a gorgeous creation, thanks for always showing us how it done, thanks for sharing, all the best to you in the new year..
So pretty! Love the shapes, the colors... the swirly embossing paste looks great on the surface... also like those beads!
You sure know how to add bling don't cha! I love how each carefully designated embellishment works perfectly with the next. A true talent of yours Mrs L.
A perfect project, capital "P".
Katie X
What a gorgeous valentine wall hanging. I really need to make some kind of wall art decor for my home. :)
Wow what a fabulous wall hanging ! I love it !
Post a Comment