Saturday, December 21, 2013

Saturday Creations ~ {Three Kinds of Bookmarks}

This is my 4th and final idea for the new Precious Remembrance stamp sets DIY and Border Tape 1.

BOOKMARKS!!!

I think having sentiments from the DIY stamp set on the front,


and book images paired with washi tape on the back from the Border Tape stamp set,
make a quick and easy bookmark that you can stick in your child's stocking (or have them give as a gift to their friends) is a Great idea!

And I just couldn't use paper and tissue paper on the bookmarks, I had to mix it up a little:

I made the background using Tim Holtz distress paints!  LOVE the marbling effect!  I also thought the ink splats from the DIY set look very mixed media-ish!  The "LEARN" and the arrows are stamped with versamark and heat embossed with white!  LOVE the raised texture without being too bulky for a bookmark.

Hope you like my bookmarks!
These two stamp sets as well as other FAB stamp sets can be purchased in the Precious Remembrance store!
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww! These are all gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee the colors!!!!

Juls said...

Hi Sue, sorry not popped round in ages, life been so busy with building work & my wee one wasn't well .... Loving your bookmarks, they are just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I love the shape of these. So fun!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous bookmarks, each with its own unique character.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I can see you having fun with them, they are lovely!

~Tammy~ said...

Fab! Love your bookmarks! Have a GREAT weekend!

JoAnn said...

These are all fabulous. Love the details on each one. Great job.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Maria said...

Fab bookmarks! Love all the fun unique coloring...well done! Merry Christmas to you and family, hugs!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful bookmarks Sue! Love them and definitely a great gift idea! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Sue I think your bookmarks were a brilliant idea for the DIY set!! These all turned out great, so pretty!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What beautiful bookmarks Sue! Great mix of colors! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Shirley said...

Love them all and the tapes are just great. How creative, Sue!! Wanted to wish you an yours a very Merry season!!! and a healthy happy New Year too!

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful bookmarks! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Love these Sue. Especially the blue one with the white embossed images.

Marybeth said...

You always add so many beautiful extra details to all you projects....love your bookmarks!

Pauline said...

These bookmarks are beautiful Sue, lovely colours and design!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Oh these are precious, love the texture too. Now there's a reason to buy a "real" book for a change from the Kindle!
Katie