Saturday, December 7, 2013

Saturday Creations ~ {Merry Christmas Wreath}

Hi Everyone!  It's my turn to use the NEW stamp sets from Precious Remembrance called DIY Stamp Set and Border Tape Stamps 1.
I am totally immersed in making my Christmas cards (I need 100!  YIKES!) so EVERYTHING looks like an opportunity to make something for Christmas to me ~ even the feather stamp in the DIY set!  I'll show you how I used it later in the post.

Here's My Card:

I LOVE how this stamp set is so artsy!


Like I said, the wreath was stamped with the feather stamp and the red "berries" are the medium paint splotches!  I LOVE that they aren't perfect little circles!


I stamped two of the Border Tape stamps and then added the Merry Christmas banner from the PR Holiday Wishes Stamp Set introduced last month.

Here are photos of the stamp sets I used:
DIY Stamp Set

Border Tape Stamp Set 1

Holiday Wishes Stamp Set

Tip - making a wreath with the feather stamp:
I cut a small circle out of a post it note (so it would be slightly sticky).

 I laid down a mask so just the top of the feather would stamp above the circle.

Then I stamped and stamped until the wreath was as full as I wanted it.

After removing the sticky note, you have a Beautiful wreath ready for the berries!
Why don't you give it a try?!!
Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

Marjan said...

Wow, very original and with a beautiful result! Love it, Sue!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! What a terrific card ... who would have thought that was not a wreath stamp ... You clever lady!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Well, aren't you clever!!! This turned out beautifully!!! I just LOVE it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwww!! This is gorgeous! I love love love the wreath!!!!

Cheryl said...

Sue, this is SO creative...and beautiful! I think I need to look at my stamps differently! ;) Your card is GORGEOUS! You should just make 100 of these!!! ;)

~Tammy~ said...

Gasp! This is so cool! I love how this turned out!

JoAnn said...

Sue, this is lovely and so creative. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

Lynn said...

Way to stretch those stamps. I love this Sue!

Unknown said...

I just love this.. What a wonderful way to create a wreath.. Very pretty my friend.

Hugs~

Nancy said...

Soooooo impressed with you yet again! This is brilliant Sue!!!! LOVE it!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Sue! What a gorgeous card! I love that fabulous wreath! Thanks for sharing your creative process!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

just beautiful and you will never guess that it is a father...very nice
bibiana

Maria said...

A super lovely card, so creative! Great way to get use out of the stamps! Such a pretty wreath!:-) Hope you're having a great weekend, hugs!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is awesome how you make the wreath from the feather stamp, very creation and very cool!

Jill Norwood said...

Wow! This is gorgeous and so unique and clever! I LOVE it! :)

Marybeth said...

Well, look what you did here! Brilliant use of the feather! I thought it was a wreath stamp at first. You made this set even more artsy . I love making Christmas cards....not quite 100. Gorgeous card Sue! Hugs

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

100? WOOOOW! I love the wreath idea and with a feather too -so creative.
Your card is very fresh and pretty, perfect for this time of year.
Katie x

Anonymous said...

Such a fab card Sue!!! I love every detail!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Sue. Using the feather image was so creative! I love it... and those red paint splotches are awesome!

Barb Turpin said...

Sue, this is so awesome! I love the 'irregular' berries too! So very creative!

Pauline said...

What a clever way to create a wreath Sue! Gorgeous colours and a fabulous design!

Unknown said...

I love this wreath Sue!!! Fab card and design. Hope you are enjoying the holiday season. :)