Thursday, October 10, 2013

eclectic Paperie October Get Altered Challege ~ Love, Hope, Dream


The eclectic Paperie Get Altered Challenge is about exploring your creative journey, about stepping outside of your comfort zone, experimenting with new products, and creating altered and mixed media art.  
We want to see your work and hear about your inspiration!
All of those who play along with our challenge will be entered into a prize drawing for a $15.00 gift certificate to the eclectic Paperie store.
So grab your supplies and play along! 
Go to eP Challenge site to read everything you need to know about the Get Altered Challenge.
Here is MY altered box:
It started out as a plain box shaped like a book that I altered to make BEAUTIFUL!  I plan on putting treasured photographs in it.


I fell in LOVE with this graffiti Creative Soul stamp the minute I saw it!  I thought she would be Perfect on the cover of my Treasure book.


 made flowers with my new Prima Gebera Daisy Stencil which I made with Wendy Vecchi embossing paste and painted with Golden paint.

For the spine of the book I use hot pink tissue from Victoria's Secret (never throw anything away! I stamped Love from my Catherine Scanlon Journal Words Stamp Set onto a piece of deli paper and adhered it to the book.


On th back (and front, too) I collaged papers from an Authentique Cherish 6 x 6 paper pad along with Tim Holtz Terminology tissue wrap.  I used another Journal stamp and finished it off with another Prima Gerbera Daisy and then MY personal FAV, this Studio 490 Barcode Stencil that say I Made This!  How FAB is this stencil!?!?!


I wanted it to look like the edges on the page were gold so I applied embossing paste and then ran a comb along it to make the "pages" which I then painted with gold paint.  LOVE how it turned out!


 covered the inside with more tissue wrap.  Here you can see my treasured wedding photo from 25 years ago!


And in case you forgot, this is the end result

Now for some of the process:

Collaged front cover with the girl stamped on deli paper which I mod podged on.


Page edges with embossing paste and the comb I used to make the "pages."


Paper collaged back cover that I distressed.


Tissue for book spine.

Are you still with me?
I honestly had so much FUN making this altered book!
Go check out what the other members of the eP Design Team made to inspire you and then come show us your creation!  We'd LOVE to come visit you plus there's a prize!  A gift certificate to the FABULOUS eclectic Paperie Shop!

Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful! The texture add add so much to a project!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

My goodness! This is unbelievable!!! I love all of the details and textures! Especially love the flowers! Just gorgeous !

Lynn said...

A gorgeous project and I love the picture inside!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This is absolutely STUNNING!!! I loveeeeeeee the colors and the textures!!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Dianne said...

Iwas with you every step of they way and this is THE BOMB*****, every single detail is freaking fabulous oh my goodness I absolutely looooooove it, that stamp is gorgeous, the texture is wonderful, looooove the back too, what a treasure it is to hold all the treasured photos, thanks for sharing all this creativity is fantastic, you make me smile big.. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, big hugs...

Kim said...

I LOVE your book/box...amazing! And that Stampington stamp is stunning on the cover. Beautiful!

Micki said...

Gorgeous, love the bits of book page and the embossing paste(d) flowers are beautiful. Great idea to use it to store special photographs.

Bonnie Irvine said...

Sue, this turned out amazing. Love the layers of paper and tissue as well as the fabulous colour scheme. That stamp looks awesome on the cover. Love the stencils with the embossing paste and will definitely steal the idea to make the pages...clever. Very creative alteration. Happy Anniversary!

Lisa Elton said...

GET OUT!!! What a beautiful box to store such a treasured photo Sue. The graffiti image of the lady is funky an fun, love the bloom you added to her hair! Really a stellar job here my friend!

Maria said...

What a gorgeous altered box you made, Sue!!! Great dimension and detail with a stunning wedding photo tucked away inside!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Sue, what a beautiful altered piece! Love the beautifully stenciled flowers! Wowza, what a beautiful bride!

Marybeth said...

My gosh what a wonderful box! Love that new stamp…its perfect for your style.

Nancy said...

Sue this box is so cool! Love the back and the way you made it look like pages was so clever! You have inspired me to not throw anything away! Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Sue!!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful box Sue! I like the layers. I use the Victoria Secret tissue too. :)

Unknown said...

Love! I love this 'book!' Fantastic project!

Unknown said...

Your altered box look amazing. You did such a great job with this.

Hope you are having a happy weekend.

Hugs~

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous work!! ... Love all the details! And what a lovely bride!

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow Sue! This is Gorgeous!! LOVE all the beautiful layers and textures!! So Much Wonderful detail! Wow!! Love the Fabulous wedding pic too! ;-)

Hugs
Shannon

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fabulous altered box Sue. Love the textures, the pretty colors... the stenciled flowers are gorgeous. Sorry for MIA. I've been just super lazy... no excuse! :/

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is treasure in itself. You have done an amazing job, love the distressed look. Your wedding photo is beautiful, 25 years WOW!
You could store so many precious things inside, it's a great space and would look great on show too.
Katie x

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

This is way Gorgeous Sue!! I was so inspired by EP and your team this month I altered a box! Will be linking pics up soon, just finished.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHH! This is a beautiful "book" box! LOOOOOOOOOVE the color of the spine with the gold page edges! LOVE the front too! Just beautiful all around:)

Cheryl said...

Wow! Sue, this is stunning! I am SO going to make something like this for my DD! Love all the paste flowers.

Tracy said...

Wowwowwow Sue..it is Stunning, a work of art and that stamp..wow!!!
big hugs
Tracy xxx

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my what a gorgeous box you created and altered to keep those precious memories close at hand! What a beautiful work of art!