This week at Papercraft Star, we are sponsored by Mona Pendleton with her very own Mona Pendleton Designs for MFT. She provided each of us at Papercraft Star with her clock stamps and dies to create for this week's inspiration. She is even sponsoring a GIVE-AWAY where YOU can win her fab clock stamps called Timeless and her clock dies called Time Pieces! Go to Papercraft Star's blog to check out the deets!
Here is our inspiration for Papercraft Star #161:
Some prompts to create by:
Back to school
Maps
Books
Rulers
Clocks
Pencils
I made TWO things for this week's challenge because I was so INSPIRED by Mona's clocks!

When I saw the clocks, that song popped into my head so I had to create. I truly WISH I could turn back time so 9/11 would never have happened.

I made the twin towers with Mona's brick wall stencil by taping it off to make two "towers" and then filling it in with molding paste. Then I brushed over the paste, WHEN IT DRIED, with distress ink to make it look like stone. I also used that text stamp because in my imagination, it looks like smoke.

Here you can see my sentiment that I printed from my computer and smudged to look like soot. WHAT does this have to do with school? Well my son was home sick from school when this happened and we kept watching it over and over again on TV. Later that afternoon the news said NOT to let your children watch it over and over again because it would traumatize them. OOPS! Why didn't they say that earlier.
I think 9/11 is one of those tragic events that you will always remember where you were when it happened. I salute all of the brave men and women as well as the victims of that day. I salute the troops who continue to fight for our freedom.
Now on to my second card which is on a much lighter note.

NOW you ask, WHAT does "Time to Celebrate" have to do with school??? Well I dedicate this to all of the crafters out there in blogland who have children that went back to school and now they can have MORE uninterrupted crafty time! LOL!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mona's clock stamps and dies! I could use them for ANY and EVERY occasion!
Now hop on over to the Papercraft Star blog to see how YOU can win them for your very own!!! And look at what the other members of the Design Team have made to inspire you to play along.
Thanks for stopping by!





21 comments:
Your journal page is a wonderful tribute to that tragic day, you honor it beautifully and it breaks my heart every year at this time.. Your card is so beautiful, it looks like a note book, I too looooove the stamps the die cut for a frame around the clock was a brilliant idea. I'll be busy for the next couple of week but I will try to visit when ever I can, have a great day my dear..
Stunning! What a fabulous way to capture a day none of us living during that will ever forget!
Your card is stunning as well! Keep on inspiring!
Wow Sue! What gorgeous projects! Love your tribute to 9/11 ~ your towers looks fabulous! Love the texture! Your card is oh so pretty! Love the doily peeking out from behind the clock! The flower adds such a touch of elegance! Thanks for the inspiration!
Absolutely fabulous work again Sue ... I really love your tribute to 9/11 and the card is so pretty!
What a touching tribute Sue!!! Love that clock and how I wish we could sometimes! The second card is beautiful too!
Gorgeous projects!! I am in love with your tribute page!!!
What an inspiring journal page Sue, the towers look wonderful. And your card...dreamy!! Love the doily behind the clock!!
You captured the twin towers perfectly for your mixed media project! What a beautiful tribute! And, you card with doily and clock is so very pretty!
Great tribute to 9-11 with your mixed media project. I love your pretty card, the colors and the doily, along with the clock diecut to go with the sentiment.
If we could o ly turn back the clock that day......what a great card. Beautiful tribute.
Your pink card is very bright hand happy...love the pink and black . The clock looks great with the doily behind it...love this post Sue.
Wonderful projects Sue!
Very gorgeous projects!! Love the clock image .... Love the hot pink of your card!! Hugs Juls xxx
What a touching tribute to 9-11! The stencil worked perfectly for the twin towers!
And your card is gorgeous! I just love the pink and all the scallops and doilie behind the clock! SO PRETTY!
Such a lovely tribute to the twin towers, Sue. I love your mixed media piece with great texture and your clock turning back the hands of time.
Your clock card is beautiful. Love the pink and pretty doily x
Beautiful projects Sue! Yesterday was a tough day remembering something we can never forget. I so enjoy how you express things in your art journal! The second card is so fun! With both my little ones in school I am loving my crafting time!
Big Hugs,
Anitra
Both of your creations look amazing. I do love that clock stamp as well.
Hugs~
I think your journal page tribute is absolutely amazing. Love the texture in the towers and the way you've used the text too. I don't think any of us will ever forget where we were when this happened.
And I do like the pretty card - love the colours and every elegant clockface!
Awesome creations Sue!! LOVE the card and your cover is equally awesome~
Your tribute was so touching Sue. I love how you used Mona's products and the text stamp for smoke is brilliant. The card is awesome too and maybe soon I can start playing with challenges again. It's been ages since I have and I miss it. Hope all is well with you, hugs.
Sue, your mixed media tribute to 9/11 is amazing! You are so good at conveying a message with your art! Love the text as smoke and the dimensional bricks. The pink card is pretty and feminine--totally different from the mixed-media piece, but just as gorgeous!
Love clock images and these are just awesome. Especially love the one on the card. So pretty!
Post a Comment