Thursday, September 19, 2013

eclecticPaperie Belated Birthday Blog Hop! Best Day EVER!

 
 
Welcome to eclectic Paperie's Belated Birthday Bash! Today we're celebrating the (belated) one year anniversary of the store's new ownership! It's been an amazing year, full of inspiring projects, wonderful classes, and many, many new products!!   eclectic Paperie wouldn't be where it is today without the ongoing support of our customers and as a BIG thank you, you'll have an opportunity to win lots of great prizes!   eclectic Paperie will be giving away the following prizes! (You have until midnight tomorrow (9/20) to comment.)
You can win:
A full set of Tim's NEW Distress Paints
6x6 Paper Pad Bundle
Dylusions Stencil Bundle
A set of NEW Wendy Vecchi Archival Inks
Crafter's Workshop Stencil Bundle
To be entered into the prize drawing, please be sure to comment on the eclectic Paperie blog and on each of the eTeam blogs. Check out all of the thumbnail links below to view the rest of the eTeam projects! Enjoy the hop!

I am also linking this to the Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger which is called In Transition ~ why? Because my colors ARE in transition blending into each other!

Here is my project:
 
I made a journal page BG by stamping the Grungy Circle stamp in Versamark and then applying Pan Pastels over the stamped image with sponges for each color.  The Versamark really picks up the colors and the Pan Pastels are so easy to blend.
 
 
I added a Birthday Banner and used Gelatos around the edges of the page, brushing first with water and then blending with my finger.

Can you see the Stampington & Co. - Garden Grunge by Dina Wakley, Number Collage stamp I stamped in my birthday girl's skirt?  This was possible by using the Dina Wakley's Casey and Penelope 12 x 12 stencil.  I LOVE  how you punch out the girls and can use the image for one technique and the open stencil for another technique.  Some quick steps below:
 
Pan Pastels

Gelatos for the outside edge.

Outlining the stencil (body) with black and white

Using the stencil once the girl was punched out to add music tissue paper to her feet and head with Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap ~ Melange.

I added the tissue to give her some Birthday dancing shoes (and also because her feet and head ended up being too white once I did the body outline.

Don't forget to leave a comment for prizes on my blog and the blogs of the other DT members AND on the eclectic Paperie site!







Posted by Picasa

85 comments:

Suzan VonEssen said...

Now this is way cool - I have been interested in trying the gelatos, it was nice to see them in action.

ParkNSlide said...

My gelatos have yet to be used---you've given me inspiration. Thank you.

Godelieve said...

Love how you used the gelatos! Gorgeous page!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wow! Great page! I need to try the versamark and PanPastels! Looks like a fun technique!

Unknown said...

Love the tissued dancing shoes and the panpastel technique!

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous page ... I read everything a couple of times to see how you did this ... So clever!

Naomi said...

LOVE those stencils! The layering of color here is gorgeous.

The Hardy Stamper said...

What a great journal page! I love the stencils you've used!

madameplushbottom said...

I haven't used the pan pastels or the gelatos yet. You make them look so dreamy. love your page.

Unknown said...

What an amazing page. I LOVE seeing how you put this page together..

Hugs~

Sherri said...

Awesome creativity -- love those tissue shoes!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your vibrant and happy project Sue! Thanks for sharing your creative process too, I love seeing it evolve right before my eyes!! My favorite part is the music on her feet...dancing shoes...TOO MUCH FUN!!!

Kim said...

Adore your page, Sue! The tiny heart, the bright colors...it's just pefect!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!! I love love love the colors and loveeeeee Dina's stamp!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow...That's one stunning journal page. The colors are fantastic.

Alina said...

Wonderful journal page! Love the silhouette!

Karen said...

Love the birthday dancing shoes!! Actually, I just love the whole page!

Milla said...

Wow, the colours are amazing! Lovely page!

Anonymous said...

Like the use of gelatos. Lovely page

Tracy Heaton said...

Lovely page, stunning colours

Dorothy said...

Really cool page!!

joy said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing the steps you used to create this fab project!

Tammy B said...

Very cool, I love to play with geletos!

Micki said...

I love gelatos (I love using them with my fingers, well smearing them is more like it). LOVE this bright - full of energy page. The texture and using PanPastels over the versamark..... gorgeous.

Sue D said...

Fabulous journal page--I like the use of pan pastels and gelatos.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Tammy B said...

oh fun, i love the bright, happy colors!

SusanK said...

So many of the art tools you used are completely new to me. This is certainly a piece of inspiration I can draw from. Thank you!

PlumTuckered's Paper Plays said...

Oh my gosh, this page is gorgeous!!! I haven't tried Gelatos or Pan Pastels yet but now I want to!!

jill said...

inspiring...love your journal page!

Marybeth said...

Wow you sure have lots of steps to make this page. Love the tissue dancing shoes.

Amy Martin said...

This is so very neat. The colors are wonderful. I love it!

seahag said...

love the music running through her head...happy birthday perhaps and the use of the 2 stencils for very different things. tissue tape is so versatile, isn't it? never would have thought of the versamark. thanks for sharing!

Andiepants said...

Love the pan pastels! What a bright vibrant project! Love it!

JPScraps said...

Awesome page!

Juel said...

Bright and fun!

Marge said...

I can totally see you're having TOO MUCH FUN with your mixed media, Sue! Hee! Seriously, I'm in awe of your growing talent!!!

ionabunny said...

This is lovely. The way you used the stencil is fab. All the little details - love it

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great page! I love all the layers and love those pan pastels....they are on my list of things to get!

Shari Czerwinski said...

Very beautiful-LOVE it!

LauraEva said...

oh wow---this is great!

Dana D. said...

Very creative. Love it!

Art By Wanda said...

What a fun page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sid said...

Just loving this arty creations !

Rene said...

Lovely! I like the layers you created!
Rene

Starla said...

Sigh..... Your page has me adding gelatos, pan pastels and that stencil to my wish list! Fabulous job!

Unknown said...

Great journal page,great way to use gelatos.

Kelly said...

I'm just starting a journal, so this is great as inspiration and for a how to. Love it. Hugs x

Tracy said...

Wow sue..loving your journal page and woohoo thanks for the step by step...I neeeeed me some gelatos!!
Hugs
Xxxx

Rea' said...

What a fun journal page, like how you blended that background and created your designs, your girl is awesome in her tissue dancing shoes; great tip using the stencil.
Must try gelatos... have them still hesitant to use them, I like how you used them !

Unknown said...

Very nice and love the vibrant colors.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous -I really liked how the layers all work together..

pretty end result..

thanks for sharing

finnella03 said...

great

Kate Yetter said...

Love the colors and patterns on your journal page, especially yellow.

Loretta said...

I love her music notes from head to toe! I'd never heard of pan pastels before. They look so juicy. Can't wait to try them out. Nice project, kiddo!

Carol McCready said...

Love your page. It is a perfect
match for the Tuesday Trigger.

Mickie said...

Way to cool! Love your creativity!

Dame Jeanne Marie said...

Love your color palette!

Laurie Allen said...

Beautiful and I love your background papers!

Linda Carson said...

Oh that's totally too cool! Love it!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Sue! What a fun project! Love the burst of color and the soft shading! Makes me want to go dust off and put those Pan Pastels to use! Love the little banner!

slbt17 said...

what fun!
Sandra ltb

Iris said...

So pretty - love the colors.
isoscia@aol.com

JoAnn said...

Fabulous page Sue. Love all the great details. You definitely have a talent for the mixed media. TFS

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is wonderful. I love the music added to her feet.

The Queen of Collage said...

Looks like you've had fun creating this make. The bright colours really draw the eye in towards the image.

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! I love the bright mix of colours!

Lieve said...

What a great creative page ! I love the colours !

SandyD said...

Lovely bright colours very inspiring

Kyle4143 said...

What a gorgeous art journal page!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow this is just too cool! Love the colors!

GA said...

Your Birthday page is fabulous with so many fun details!

Jeanann said...

Wow love the colors .. thank you for sharing.

Kim Lemear said...

Need to try some of these newer coloring items like pan pastels and gelatos. Haven't been crafting as much, so trying not to buy while in my slump. Thanks for sharing your great page. Love the music in head and feet.

Candida said...

Ooh, I still have to my hand on some pan pastels! The colors you used on your page are so lovely!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a gorgeous page!

Julie S said...

What a great page. Love the colors!

Ellie Knol said...

Lovely page,love the colors you've used!

Unknown said...

The techniques you've used are amazing! You've given me lots of new ideas to try. Thanks!

Joanne said...

Thanks for inspiring me to use my gelatos...they're still in the box.

Nancy S said...

I am always looking for ways to use my pan pastels. Thanks for the inspiration!

Erin Smetak said...

Gorgeous page!!! Love all the colors!

Dianne said...

GORGEOUS, love the colors all those steps fabulous, I do love your journal, fabulous stencils, I can't wait to star journaling soon, I hope, thanks for all the inspirations.

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE!!! That is all. :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sue! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Cheryl said...

This feels really retro to me--kind of like when I was in high school--very funky, ya know. I LOVE IT! :)