Friday, September 13, 2013

eclectic Paperie and PaperHaus Fall Splendor Blog Hop! - ~Journey Into Fall

Welcome to the Fall Splendor Blog Hop with PaperHaus!  They are celebrating their 1 year anniversary of their magazine and eclectic Paperie is sponsoring a FAB prize!  Go to PaperHaus and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing and go to eclectic Paperie to see the AMAZING Fall projects from the Design Team ~ of which I am PROUD to say I am a new member of!  Whoo!  Hoo!

Here is the cover of the PaperHaus Magazine:

Here is my wall hanging:
(This post has LOTS of photos so I will show the steps at the end of the post)

It all started with this Beautiful Prima bolero doll:

I paper pieced her using papers from Authentique Seasons: Summer and MME's Collectable "Noteable."  I added some lace to her skirt.  I colored her hair with various Faber Castell Pitt Brush pens and colored her skin and cheeks with Faber Castell Gelatos.

Do you see the various circle stamps behind the girl?  They were stamped with my new FAV stamp by Stampington & Company called Grungy Circles cling mount stamp.  I could see myself using this stamp on almost Every creation!  LOL!

In this corner you can see the Hexagon Stencil I used with the Wendy Vecchi embossing paste and Tim Holtz tea dye Distress Ink.

Here you can see a close up of my new FAV flowers by Petaloo!  LOVE the text!

And more Petaloo flowers here! Gorgeous blooms, huh?!!!

For the word "journey into" I used the Tim Holtz chit chat sticker words.

I am so HAPPY with how this wall hanging turned out!  Especially when you see my process:

First there was a pizza box and I ripped off the lid making sure there was no pizza sauce left on it! LOL!

Then I ripped off a layer of the box to reveal the corrugated part.  I planned on using this as the sturdy back for my mixed media tag.  In the finished project, you can see how I cut this box to size and brushed some Gesso over it in places.

Then I took a large kraft tag and adhered my Tim Holtz terminology tissue paper over most of it.  I stamped the Prima doll just to get an idea of where I wanted to place her when I was done.   I slapped some Golden Yellow Ochre paint onto my tag with half a cut up credit card.

Then I added some Golden Teal paint and a piece of reddish colored paper.  On my wall hanging, purely by accident albeit it a GREAT one, the reddish paper looks like my Prima doll is walking the red carpet!  In MY mind at least!  LOL!

Then I added some torn deli paper with more Golden paints and random stamping on it. 


And finally (are you still with me???!) here is a photo of my paper pieced Prima Bolero doll before I colored her in.  Made me feel like a kid again!

Here is my final creation, in case you have forgotten by now!
Do you see what I mean about how she looks like she is walking the red carpet!

Thanks for stopping by the blog hop! 
Leave me a comment and let me know if you like my wall hanging!
Posted by Picasa

39 comments:

Giovana said...

What a great idea, I don't eat much pizza but next time I will save the box ;) Love, love, love your project!!

Anonymous said...

I love your tag. The stamped image is just amazing. I have to try to make something like it right now! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love your tag. The stamped image is just amazing. I have to try to make something like it right now! Thanks for sharing.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful hanging Sue! I love the gorgeous background and the pretty paper pieced girl! Love that she is walking the red carpet ;)

Pauline said...

Wow Sue! Love your wall hanging with this gorgeous paper pieced doll! Great recycling too! Such pretty flowers, and my favourite part is the lace trim on her skirt, so pretty!

LauraEva said...

Gorgeous---love the use of the pizza box !

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

Wonderful piece Sue! I love how you walked through all the steps, she's gorgeous!

Jeanann said...

L O V E IT!!!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome piece!! Must get that grungy circles stamp - LOVE it!! (And I might need to order pizza for dinner now too!)

toni said...

Lovely hanging! such gorgeous colours and textures, great to see the process, x

Tracy said...

Woohooohoo Sue a girl after my own heart...you can`t beat recycling a pizza box!
Your art work is beautiful and how gorgeous she looks beside your flowers and all that texture you added..love it!!
Great to have you on the team woohoohoo!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxo

Andiepants said...

Oh this looks like you had fun!!! I know I would have!!!!
Great project...thanks for sharing!

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

Love your GIRL , colors and hexagons! Great job.

Bonnie Irvine said...

So happy to have you join the team, Sue. This wall hanging is wonderful. I love all of the gorgeous flowers and the red carpet effect. So fun. The background layering really showcases Bolero Girl beautifully. Corrugated cardboard...especially if it comes with pizza...rocks.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee the girl, the colors and the flowers!!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Sue this is FANTASTIC! I love that she is walking the red carpet! And your process photos are so great! I love seeing how you developed your project! Hooray for pizza boxes! :)

~Tammy~ said...

This girl loves to recycle! Your wallhanging is awesome! Love the doll!

JoAnn said...

Love your wall hanging. So many pretty details. She does look like she is walking the red carpet.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

She IS walking the red carpet!! How cool is that?
The colors are gorgeous! Each time I look at this hanging I see something else that I like! Love, LOVE, love, LoVE!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Yep she looks like she's strutting her stuff down the red carpet! I love the way you've dressed her Sue! The tiny bit of lace along the bottom of her dress is perfect!!

2amscrapper said...

Love the background, doll and red carpet idea! Gorgeous tag!

Nancy said...

Like it...that's an understatement! I love where this evolved from...wow! You are a true artist Sue!!! Yes, She does look like she is walking the red carpet! Enjoy your weekend! Congrats on the new gig...i will have to check it out!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Sue this is BRILLIANT!! Absolutely fabulous ... she looks a doll ... like you do!

Erin Smetak said...

I can absolutely see her walking the red carpet and ROCKING IT! Fabulous project Sue!! Love the corregated cardboard, and all those awesome colors! SO vibrant and it all works together so well!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a stunning and beautiful project!!!!

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous. I just love all those wonderful layers.

Hugs~

Maria said...

Ohhh, I have been looking at those Prima doll stamps...so CUTE! What an amazing wall hanging, Sue! Yes, she should be walking the red carpet, because she is fabulous! Love all the layers and gorgeous color...whew...just fabulous!

Heather Rogers said...

What a fabulous fall wall hanging. Your Prim girl looks beautiful. :)

Marybeth said...

Well, I love anything paper pieced and this lady is beautiful! Love the lace trim on her dress. Love that doll stamp! What a fun wall hanging Sue! Hope you had a nice weekend.

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Gorgeous tag!! I love that you show your steps in creating this work of art! So easy to follow! xo xo

Eila Sandberg said...

LOVE your vibrant artsy tag! and love your step-by-step too! Hope you've hung up this hanging in a place where everyone can see it! xox

1CardCreator said...

What a gorgeous wall hanging! I love this, so hard to believe it started as a pizza box! ~Diane

Anonymous said...

Awesome project, Sue! Love the colors and the girl looks amazing! Thanks for showing your steps!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I LOVE the wall hanging! Great photos of the process-- who knew it was from a pizza box! LOVE the fussy cutting for the gal! LOVE it all! Congrats on your new DT position! <3

Hope you are doing well, Sue!!! We just got back from our vaca and had a garage sale (selling lots of brand new craft supplies! OH MY!)! I need a vaca from our vaca! :)

Cheryl said...

Oh, WOW, Sue! This is stunning! I love all the distressing, the grunge, and all the beautiful bright colors! Girl, you have got it going ON!

Claudia N. said...

Loved my paper doll too, when I was a kid! Your stepxstep is so great to watch and I love how vivid your finished project looks!

A wonderful creative make with a lot to look at!

Hugs,
die amelie x

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous wall-hanging Sue! Love everything about it from the pizza box base to that girl image! Fabulous colors and textures! Congrats on the DT gig! You go girl!

Dianne said...

BRAVO, BRAVO, this is BRILLIANT, sooooo creative colorful, I always love the vibrant colors you use, that doll and all the paper piercing good on ya, it looks fabulous and she does look like she is walking the red carpet, excellent work and this is why they asked you to part of their team, bonus for them my dear... Thanks for sharing your creative process..

Barb Turpin said...

Love her little paper pieced jacket!