I played along in several challenges and made a mixed media tag!
City Crafter Challenge Blog #178 - Flower Power
Use 2 different backgrounds and at least 5 flowers:
City Crafter Challenge Blog #178 - Flower Power
Use 2 different backgrounds and at least 5 flowers:

Can you see my 5 flowers??? The 3 at the bottom are obvious but the 2 at the top are more subtle. There's the tiny resin rosebud and do you see how I made a flower out of the twine??!!!

My two papers are the paper I used to make the tag (and distressed with TH distress inks) and the tissue wrap I ripped but deliberately left the definition for flourish so you could read it. All of the flowers are flourishing on my tag!!!

Aren't these flowers Gorgeous? They are from Petaloo Darjeeling Collection. LOVE!
Here are acouple of photos of my process:
I blended distress inks on the tag and glued Tim Holtz terminology tissue in three strategic places making sure you could read the definition in the middle. I played around with the flowers until I liked the arrangement.
Here is a pic of how I stamped Hello on a burlap pennant. I distressed the edges before I adhered it to my card.
I have linked the products that are available from eclectic Paperie.
I hope you like my tag! It was FUN to make!










35 comments:
I do see your twine flower, cute idea!! Love the text in the background and your beautiful sunset colors!! Enjoy your weekend ;)
This is sooooooo beautiful! LOVING the colors, the flowers and that burlap!!!!
Oh wow this is a beautiful tag with such wonderful warm autumn hues and textures.
Hugs DesÃre {Doing Life}
Amazing projects! Love the background and yes, I spotted 5 flowers!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!
The tag is fabulous Sue. I really love the burlap banner.
What a beautiful tag Sue! Love your blended colours, cool backrgound stamp and your twine flower - so perfect!
Oh sorry I see it is tissue paper - that is super cool stuff! I need to find that!!
Aha EP! Okay!! I will order some! Time for another shop with Kim!!!
Terrific Sue!! Those flowers are really pretty and I LOVe your BG! Thanks so much for Playing along at CCCB!
Gorgeous tag Sue, love the burlap accents and the twine flower, its genius! ~Diane
Wonderful Sue!! Love those vinbrant colors and the way the flowers blend with that. And what an original pennant!
LOL ... I missed that twine flower at first ... thanks for pointing it out ... clever idea and BEAUTIFUL addition to this FABULOUS tag! Great job!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘TAG You’re It’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Very pretty flowers...all five of them! Love how you made the twine flower! Very clever! Your tag is beautiful!
BRILLIANT,OMGOODNESS, I loooove the background and I thought 5 flowers on this tag, but you have done it, so creative, love the colors, the dictionary words, just a gorgeous tag, thanks for sharing your brilliance here Missy..
Beautiful. Love the colors and your flowers are fabulous. Love the twine flower at the top. Great job.
Ohhh...flowers everywhere...so pretty! Love the background and coloring, Sue! Very well done!:-)
I just love your gorgeous tag Sue, such lovely colours, and love your twine flower!
Oh, such a lovely tag! Love the script on the flowers and the stamp on the burlap, the colors are gorgeous.
Your twine flower is so charming! I LOVE i! And this tag is beautiful! Love the colors and the texture of the sentiment flag!
Beautiful tag Sue! Love the vibrant colors and fancy flowers! Love how you stamped on the burlap tag!
Love this tag Sue...I have never shopped at Eclectic Papers...but wow they have some cool stuff!..Did you make your own burlap tags or did they come already cut? Not sure how you managed to make that flower so perfectly with twine...I always have a tough time working with that stuff! Great job as always!~ Enjoy your Sunday!
LOVE everything about this -- your bright color palette, those fabby flowers (including that twine one @ the top!) and that sweet burlap tag! Big FAN of burlap!!! It all just makes a SWEET tag, Sue!!!
What a beautiful Tag.. I love the wonderful colors and all those flowers.
Hugs~
OHHHHHH! What a beautiful tag, Sue! I LOVE the burlap tag with the distressed edges... and ILOVE that bow at the top- you MUST teach me how to do that! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Great layering and stamping and inking... FAB all around:) <3
OHHHHHH! What a beautiful tag, Sue! I LOVE the burlap tag with the distressed edges... and ILOVE that bow at the top- you MUST teach me how to do that! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Great layering and stamping and inking... FAB all around:) <3
Love this tag Sue! The little banner is so cute! What a great look stamping on burlap!
Hugs,
Anitra
Oooh what a gorgeous tag and love that you have the flourish definition on there. I couldn't see the 5th flower until you mentioned the twine how very clever are you. Love it all
Awesome Sue!!!! Love the flowers and the pretty color!!! Thanks for playing this week at CCCB :-)
Beautiful, beautiful tag!
If anyone could get 2 different backgrounds and 5 flowers on a little tag and have it turn out fabulous, it's you, Sue! This is GORGEOUS! I love those flowers--especially the big white one, and how clever to hide the twine flower right there in plain sight! :)
You go girl....almost missed the 5th flower....I'm slow :) fabulous tag!! Work has "kicked my butt" and I haven't had a chance to look into the class or play with mixed media, BUT I will one of these days and love your inspiration!!
Oooooh!! I LOVE this one SUE!! Such Beautiful warm colors and shading! And your Flowers are Fabulous!! Love the burlap too! Just Wonderful Sweet Lady! 8-)
Hugs
Shannon
Oooooh!! I LOVE this one SUE!! Such Beautiful warm colors and shading! And your Flowers are Fabulous!! Love the burlap too! Just Wonderful Sweet Lady! 8-)
Hugs
Shannon
Yes ,I see all five flowers on this gorgeous tag. Love the burlap tag you made too. Love what you did with the stamped tissue ,so many neat elements on this tag.Oh that flower: so pretty!
Love the fall color palette. Another fabulous MM project!
Post a Comment