This is a BRIGHT post with the colors from Play Date Cafe's #185!
I decided to make a birthday card for my Dear Blog Friend Pauline from Craft Obsession! This card will be a little day because it takes forever to get to the UK but maybe she'll see this post and know there are HUGS on the way for her birthday!I cut out this cute little date snippet:

And added it to the BG paper I made with my Gelli plate and paint. On top of the BG, I pounced teal paint through a damask stencil to create that FAB doily. I stitched around it in gray to get that color in.

I had every intention of making a flat card to mail to the UK, however I just couldn't do it! It looked boring to me! I added these pretty flowers which stick out quite a bit but I think it needed it!
I added a chipboard doily, a teal felt border,the strip of paper with the cute birdies, and the sentiment I wrote myself on the vellum. Sorry about the wonky handwriting but it's mine!







31 comments:
Your creation is fabulous Sue!!!!
Oh Sue, this is beautiful, thank you so much!! I love these bright colours, your handmade paper is so cool! Love the little hand written date and message too, what a beautiful card, it will take pride of place on my mantel piece! Thank you xxx
This is beautiful Sue! Love the gelli plate BG and the damask doily! Cool techniques! Great card!
What a perfect take on the colour challenge ... your cad is really lovely ... I'm sure Pauline will be thrilled!
Gorgeous,Love the background you created with your gelli plate, the ribbon you made is too sweet, and your writing doesn't look wonky, just a lovely hand touched, love the stitching too. I too find it hard to send a flat card,I have sent a few things from the post here and they got it in 4 days, amazing.Pauline is going to love it. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day..
I'm sure Pauline is going to love this. The combination of turquoise and hot pink together is fabulous!
I love your take on the color challenge! Pauline will adore and treasure it!
I find it difficult to make flat cards, so I just create with my heart and accept the postage!
The doily in the background turned out GREAT Sue!! Pauline will love this and I think your handwritten portions make it even MORE special!!
I am pretty sure your friend will love this. It is gorgeous..
Hugs~
Wow wow wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the bright, happy colors!!
Happy Early Birthday Pauline! Your card is fab Sue and I'm loving the papers you're creating with the Gelli plate. The stenciled doily on top is beautiful. :) Hugs
Had to stop by again for another look! I can't wait to receive this in person!! So beautiful Sue, thank you once again xxx
OOOOOOOh such an awesome color theme!! Great card. the birdies are adorable!
What beautiful bright colors. I like the blue doily stencil and pretty lace trim. I bet Pauline can't wait to receive it. :)
Oh my!!! What a bright lovely beauty you creating here for Pauline's bday! Love the bright colors, doily stencil and lace trim! Pauline will LOVE it! I'm very close to trying some mixed media projects. You and Mona have given me fab inspiration, thank you! Take care and have a wonderful week, hugs!
Wowza Sue! Your card is STUNNING! Love the vibrant color scheme! The doily design looks fabulous! You know I have a soft spot for gorgeous blossoms! Surely Pauline will treasure this beauty!
Can't blame you for adding the gorgeous flowers. What a beautiful card for Paluine. Love the bright vibrant colors and the stamped doily. Hope you have a great week Sue!
OMGoodness this is Soo Gorgeous Sue!! LOVE the Beautiful Vibrant BG you created and the sweet little birdie border too! Just Fabulous Lady!! And I know Pauline will Love it to bits!! 8-)
Hugs
Shannon
OMGoodness this is Soo Gorgeous Sue!! LOVE the Beautiful Vibrant BG you created and the sweet little birdie border too! Just Fabulous Lady!! And I know Pauline will Love it to bits!! 8-)
Hugs
Shannon
WOWeeeee Gorgeous!!! I love the bright colors and the design!!!
Such gorgeousness!!! Love, love ,love the fabulous colors! Pauline is gonna feel the love!!!!!!
Gorgeous background!! Fabulous colors!! Look at you becoming the mixed media guru!! BTW....finally have your goodies boxed up..will get in the mail....sorry I'm so slow...this back thing is better but, so up and down!!
Bright, but oh so pretty! ;-) I love all the little elements you added - the flowers, the trim, personal handwriting... they're all perfect. I'm sure she will appreciate it, whenever it arrives! ;-)
bright and so pretty I love the combination and the doily on the middle so cute
bibiana
What a fun take on the color story this week! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!
Happy Birthday to Pauline, I bet she can't wait for the Postie to drop it off. So glad you added the 3D elements, I agree -cards need dimension and yours is lovely.
The painted doily is stunning btw!
FABULOUS.
Katie x
OHHH! This is beautiful! I LOVE the colors-- esp. that beautiful blue lace! LOVE the stitching and the vellum!! Happy birthday to Pauline!! I hope she enjoyed her special day (and this beautiful card!!)!! Psalm 118:24
my gosh this is AWESOME and BOLD and GORGEOUS! she will love it! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com
Oh, so pretty Sue Lelli! Love the way you used the colors. The stenciled doily is beautiful. Aslo like the trim and those pretty flowers.
Absolutely beautiful! I thought it was another mixed media piece at first. Love the colors and that awesome doily stencil, and your handwriting looks fab. Pauline will love her card!
Stunning!!! Love it!!! Hugs Juls
Post a Comment