Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Papercraft Star #151 - You're Invited!

This week at Papercraft Star we have this Pretty summertime photo for you to use as inspiration!  You can either choose Colors, Cool, Drinks, Fruit, or Picnic.

Here's my card:

The photo made me think of a pool party where, of course, you must have umbrella drinks! I also used this patterned paper because it has all the bright colors of summer.

My fruit comes by way of a lime in the margarita!  I even added "salt" to the rim!

I made this bright yellow bow using seam binding that I colored with a copic marker.  I used pinking shears on the left edge to match the diamond pattern in the patterned paper.  I also tied some twine around it to "tie in" the kraft color to the kraft paper with the drinks.
The ruler is a reference to school being out.

I hope you like my card!  Now go see what the other members of the DT (listed in my sidebar) have made and come play with us at A Papercraft Star!

23 comments:

Brenda said...

You went straight for the good stuff didn't you! Only kidding! Don't you just love these colours, it definitely makes you want a rather yummy cocktail!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful summer creation Sue! Love that you "salted" the rim of the margarita. The patterned paper reminds me of tiles in a pool. And your our bow my friend is fabulous!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful!! LOVING the colors and those drinks look AWESOME!!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Fun and bright! Love the salted rim!!

Deanne :)

Juls said...

Love your card, fun&stylish all rolled into one!! Hugs Juls

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific take on that photo! Love the drinks and that pretty ribbon!

Heather Rogers said...

This is super cute! Definitely looking like summer on this card. :)

1CardCreator said...

Love this, it looks so cool, sweet and summery and what a great inspiration photo too, I hope to join you there. ~Diane

Sleepy Stamper said...

This is such a fun card! Love all those bright colors. The salt on the rim is perfect!
Hugs,
Anitra

Anonymous said...

Perfect card for the challenge, so summery and love that yellow bow!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fun, festive, and delicious, Sue! I could use one of those drinks! I'll be right over. ;)

Lynn said...

I am delayed in the Atlanta airport and I think I need one of those drinks. The colors are fabulous. Love how cheery the card is Sue!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Sue! I love the little umbrella!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fun, I can feel summer!!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Love this fun card Sue! Great idea to salt the cup rim and add the umbrella too! It is definitely a summer fun looking card! Love that bright yellow bow too! :)

scrappingnana said...

Love your fun and colorful card. The coloring on kraft looks really good and your pretty bow too. TFS

~Tammy~ said...

Love your beautiful ribbon treatment and the gorgeous colored tropical drink set! Fabulous Invite...let me know when I can come over! :-)

Maria said...

What a delightful FUN summer card, Sue! Those drinks look so refreshing! Love the added detail with the salt! Gorgeous pop of color with the yellow ribbon, too! Hope you are enjoying your summer! Take care, hugs!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Makes me wanna margarita! Adorable card! LOVE that bright yellow bow! It just makes the card!

♥Jan♥ said...

That salted rim is just crazy/fun !! The colors do make one feel refreshed, don't they !! I am thinking a glass of wine on the patio tonight ... lol ... -J-

Shannon White said...

Oooh I Love this Sue!! The inspiration pic made me think of umbrella drinks too! lol GMTA!! ;-) Love your take on the inspiration! Your Umbrella drinks are Perfect! Love the salt on the rim of your margarita too! And your dp's are Just Perfect! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Cheryl said...

How cute! I love the drinks on kraft cs. It really makes the bright colors come alive. And, all those little extra details, like the umbrella, fruit, and salt rim, make this a super FUN creation!!!

Beverly Montez said...

LOVE this!
Great idea to tie the twine around the bow.