OOOOH! What FUN! The challenge at CCCB #162 is to be inspired by Jane Austin. Well I've read the novel however what sticks in my mind and will stay with me always is the recent movie adaptation.
It's the scene toward the end where Mr. Darcy is running across the moors to find Elizabeth (Keira Knightley). She in turn is coming to find him. They meet and speak and he finally says,"I Love...Love...Love You." It has to be one of the most romantic scenes EVER and I have watched it over and over!
It's the scene toward the end where Mr. Darcy is running across the moors to find Elizabeth (Keira Knightley). She in turn is coming to find him. They meet and speak and he finally says,"I Love...Love...Love You." It has to be one of the most romantic scenes EVER and I have watched it over and over!
So here's my sentiment inspired by Pride and Prejudice:

The BG damask print was made by spraying dylusions melted chocolate ink spray though a Donna Downey damask stencil. I paired it with paper from PTI's Dear Jane Collection. I printed the sentiment on my computer, distressed the banner with the sentiment and the doily to make it look vintage. The scalloped lace is velvet and the flower is Prima.
I hope you like it! I'll be saving it to give to my dh for some occasion!







26 comments:
I love it Sue...the texture on the flower is gorgeous.
This is beautiful!! LOVING the colors and the flower!!!
What a beauty Sue! I love your sprayed background and pretty fabric flower. :)
Jane Austen is my favorite novelist. Love the A & E movies too! Katie gave me a book with four of her stories in it.
Love the sprayed background! Looks like it is designer paper. Girl, you are just trying all kinds of new things!
XO
Beverly
Wowzers girl you made that background, I thought it was paper!! Awesome job!! And I'm swooning over the milk chocolatey prima flower, so pretty. Your hubby will love love love you for this fabulous card ;)
Such a pretty card Sue! I love the damask background and fancy fabric flower!
Beautifully done!! Love the background and that beautiful flower! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!
That is my favorite scene too with the sun coming up behind them as they hold hands....So beautiful!
Your card is lovely! I love the chocolate color and the misting of the background! Perfect sentiment too! :)
Love the background you made with the script with the damask its beautiful for this card. Great idea to make your own sentiment,and love that fabric flower! Nice card to have on hand! I have not seen this movie,yet!
Gorgeous Sue !!!and I am so happy you played this week!!! You and Wendy have convienced me I need to watch the movie!!!
What a beauty, Sue! Just love that sprayed damask background! Very pretty flower and trim are great touches for this gorgeous card!
I love that part of the show, too. ;-) I thought he acted that so very well! Your card is GORGEOUS, Sue. I absolutely love the colors and that beautiful flower - such a lovely work of art! Well done. ;-)
Beautiful card Sue Lelli. Love the pretty flower with the awesome layers and the brad... the background with the damask images.
Beautifully elegant and romantic! A fabulous card! I do like the pretty layered flower!
You nailed this challenge!! All the romance of a Jane Austen novel ! So beautiful!
Gorgeous card. Love the colors and sentiment. Great take on the challenge.
Beautiful work, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!
Wow!! Soo Beautiful Sue!! Love the Damask BG and Lovely Flower!! And your Super Design too!! I Loved that part of the movie too! ( just a hopeless romantic at heart lol )
Hugs & Happy Sunday! 8-)
Shannon
What a gorgeous card. Perfect for the challenge over at CCCB!!
Hugs~
This sure is so sweet and elegant! Your DH will love it!
Such a gorgeous card, Sue! The lovely sentiment, textures and colors are perfect :)
Beautiful Sue, love the stencil, love that flower with the sweetest button, great card to give your love thanks for sharing..
Fabulous!!! Love it!! Hugs Juls
Wow Sue, you made that background? That's awesome! Beautifully done. I'm a huge fan of Donna Downey's video tutorials. Your card is gorgeous. I love love love the quote! ;)
Thank you for joining us at CCCB. Hugs and happy day ~ Wendy
Wow, you sure are rocking the stencil technique -something I have never tried on a card. Maybe I'll have to give it a go. Actually I think I created stencils from Nesties once and that was fun.
Never seen the film/movie but itdoes sound very romantic. Great to use the text as your sentiment.
Katie x
OH GOOOODNESS! That flower is just gorgeous! I LOVE this card-- but WOWZA! I'm drawn to that flower! FAB!
Post a Comment