Saturday, May 18, 2013

Playing with Paints and Paper and a Flower Cling by Hero Arts!

I saw this model in an advertisement and it inspired me to play in my art journal!
I just loved her pose!  When I used her to make my girl, I decided to put her left hand behind her back because I LOVED the paper I used for her dress.  The rose belt I made for her by pouncing paint on a ceramic cabbage rose that matched the roses in her dress.

For the background I just streaked two different shades of blue and a green across a page I had covered in gesso and let dry.  I added gesso streaks, polka dots, tiny hearts, text, rub-ons, and doilies.


I used this stamp, "follow your art," that I bought for 50% off - YEAH! - and then I played around with her hair.  I experimented with adding molding paste to several shades of brown and I have to say I am Happy with the result!  IRL it gives her hair so much body and texture.  I will probably do hair this way always.

This cool flower stamp is a Hero Arts cling and I do LOVE it so!  I swirled metallic paints onto a piece of paper and then put the stamp into the paint to mix up the colors.  Then I colored the centers yellow with my Pitt pen.

Don't you just LOVE that rose on her belt with that FAB patterned paper!

I am very pleased with how this turned out!
I hope you like it!

Before I go I want to share a photo of my 1 year old great niece who has been visiting with her parents all week.  Her name is Daisy and she is just the Sweetest thing!  That's why I haven't been on the computer or creating much this past week:
We all spent the day at the beach today because they are leaving to go home to Oklahoma tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!! I am loving that paper you used on her dress!

~Tammy~ said...

You are blowing my socks off with your MM! Awesome job!

Sasha said...

Your girl looks fabulous! Sue. I love her dress and hair. Such a pretty belt with rose, too. Fantastic work! x

Ros Crawford said...

WOW!! This is fabulous!! I love your girl and everything is just perfect ... I can't believe you've only been doing this for a short time ... you are really REALLY good at this!

Dianne said...

Gorgeous, journal page, since I can draw a circle :) you have shown me how I can make a person, brilliant, you created a beautiful background, love the stamped flower and the rose is perfect,thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

JoAnn said...

Great piece of art. Fabulous job on her dress and hair.

Pauline said...

Wow Sue, what a gorgeous art page! I love her pose too, and th e beautiful patterned dress and rose belt embellishment! Fabulous inspiration here, I was eyeing up the gessos and paints in a craft shop today, but I didn't buy any!

Lisa Elton said...

Oooooh she's pretty Sue! I DO love her dress and the pretty little rose adorned belt you gave it. Her hair looks pretty too. Love it ;)

Maria said...

Wow-Wow!!! You never cease to amaze me with your mixed media ability, Sue! I absolutely love your art journal! You should sell these! And, if you do, I would glady buy one! Love the background and the sweet girl with lovely dress and butterfly! Just fabulous...love it!!!

Helen F. said...

Oh WOW, Sue~this is just amazing! Lovin' your "girls" and how you take an advertizement then transform it into these gorgeous pieces of art :) PS: thanks for stopping by my Blog to say hi

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is amazing! You are getting so good at your mixed media art, I enjoy every bit of it!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

You are really getting into the MM! And you are doing a fabulous job! Great idea for the hair!

Unknown said...

Daisy is a doll. :) I love this page Sue and her hair is fabulous.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

very creative, colorful and full of imagination
bibiana

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a beautiful journal page! LOVE the metallic paints for that flower--- and I love the gal's pose!! FUN flower belt:)

Daisy is just precious! She is too cute:)

Marybeth said...

I would want to spend all my time with that adorable little angel too! What a doll!
You are so creative with your journal page Sue! What a great job you did on your lady, the hair and everything!
Gorgeous page!

Unknown said...

Your Journal page turned out amazing. I love popping in here to get inspired to work in my journal. I played in it all evening. I just need to get brave enough to put it on my blog.

What a little cute pie. I bet you had fun giving her hugs and kisses.

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous page....love her dress and rose on the belt!! Oh, the little one is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww, your neice is so adorable!!! And your MM is fabulous Sue!!!!!!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Sue, your art journal page is so beautiful! Love her pretty floral patterned dress and gorgeous scene you created! Those flowers look fabulous and even better in real life :)

Barb Turpin said...

So talented! I wouldn't know where to start. Love all the creative elements.

Your great-niece is gorgeous! I hope everything is ok for them in Oklahoma with the tornado.

Jill Norwood said...

Sue your journal page is incredible! Love her dress and flowered belt! And the details are amazing! Lobe the sentiment!

And Daisy is adorable! What a charmer! I bet you had a lovely visit!

:)

Emily Keaton said...

Wow, wow, wow, Sue!! Your art journal page is AMAZING!! I love how you used that pretty model photo to make your girl. I think the dress you made for her is WAY prettier than the one in the photo! And I love how you gave her a rose belt. Sweet!

Juls said...

Fabulous!! Love your journaling page!!! It makes me want to get it out mine again & have a play xxx