Friday, April 5, 2013

Who Needs Theme Parks when the BEST Attraction in Orlando is Craft Shopping!!!

My blog friend, Pauline Pollington from Craft Obsession, and former CR84FN team mate traveled to Florida all the way from the UK with her DH and three Beautiful children for holiday.  They went from theme park to theme park!  She managed to convince them that she needed one day to have her own little holiday!  So, according to plan, I drove to Orlando and picked her up at her condo.
Here she is, ready to go!
 
Then I asked her next door neighbor to take a photo of the two of us:
And away we went!
 
First stop - the MFT Boutique in Eustis, FL!
 
She wanted to go in but I made her stand outside first for a photo:
 
OMGosh!  It was like MFT Heaven!  The first thing I saw was a full wall of MFT dies!  I almost went into SHOCK!  Kim, the owner, was Sweet enough to come to the store so we could meet her and take a photo with her.  What a Success story SHE is!  This is a wall in her craft room section where she holds classes:
 
Then she gave us a tour of the warehouse where they were doing inventory for their new release.  Look at all of these MFT goodies:
 
 
We went back into the store and we just couldn't stop shopping!
 
Here Pauline is checking out:
 
Pauline was so happy with her goodies that she paused to reflect on the "porch" in the window of the store!  This is my FAV photo:
 
Then it was lunch time at Olivia's restaurant across the street from MFT:
(Not Chicken Caesar salad for once!)
 
We felt energized and ready for more shopping!
 
Pauline had never been to Hobby Lobby!
 
Then we went to JoAnns:
 
And last but not least, we went to Michaels:
 
I had printed out coupons for her for all of the stores!  They don't have these stores in the UK so she was so HAPPY! 
We had such a FABULOUS day!  And to think, we had never met IRL before but by the end of the day, we felt like we had known each other forever!  I hope her DH isn't too mad at her and let's her come back and visit me again one day!
 


28 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...

What a fun post! You make a great crafter's tour guide! So glad you could show Pauline a wonderful time.

Marge said...

Hee -- how fun for you two, Sue! ;~)
We've been sooo busy and I'm awfully behind on my blog commenting, so trying to play catch up now.

Kim said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'm glad you guys had a fun day!!

Marybeth said...

How fun! I knew she was in Florida was not sure if you knew of each other. Looks like you girls had so much fun! I am sure it was one of the highlights of Pauline's two weeks! You sure get around and meet many! Thanks for sharing a bit of your fun filled day together.

Pauline said...

I had the best time Sue, thank you so much for taking me around and being my own personal guide! I have to work out how to pack all my goodies in the cases now lol!
I hope I didn't wear you out too much, but I did sleep well last night haha!
I love that porch shot too, what a fun post! Xxx

Anonymous said...

It looks like you to had a ton of fun. My wife and I are going to Orlando here in a few weeks. After looking at this post I can tell you I'm going to see if we can go MFT Boutique also during our trip. It's always a lot of fun see cute stores like this. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Elton said...

Well now I think you two were having WAY too much fun! How fabulous the two of you got to meet. The porch pic is too cute. I think I would have stood with my mouth hanging open at the sight of the wall of dies LOL! I have become hopelessly addicted to them ;)

Vickie Z said...

Eeeks.....so jealous! What FUN y'all had!! Kim is a sweetie to stop by for a pic!! Yikes....that was an all day craft shopping spree!

Sasha said...

Hi Sue,
Pauline told me she was going craft shopping with you, so I just had to pop over to see if you had blogged about it.....and you did!! YAY!
I'm so pleased that you both had such a fun filled day together, in what to me looked like craft heaven! It's many years since I visited Orlando, Florida, and I only got to visit Michael's. You are so lucky to have so many wonderful craft stores.
Thanks or sharing your fab day together with us xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How fun! LOVING the photos!!

Ruby said...

Yay you finally met!! Me next lol. It looks like you had a fabulous time and the photos are wonderful! Wish I could have been there! x

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh how fun Sue!!! Looks like you and Pauline had an AMAZING time! I'm looking forward to our time together in May :) See you soon!

Jill Norwood said...

Yay Sue and Pauline! I love all the fun pictures and how wonderful to have met up with Kim for shopping and photos at MFT! So happy for you both to have had such a fun day!

Katy said...

This is so fun! How awesome! And I love how you took photos everywhere (of course though!).

Lynn said...

Oh what a perfect day!!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Oh boy I wanna go to Florida, Forget Mickey & Mini! Whata great tour guide you are. I've heard so much about Michael's and these "printable coupons".
One day ....
Beautiful photos Sue, I'm thrilled for you that you were able to meet up.
Enjoy your weekend.
Katie x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my... I want a fun craft shopping day just like that!

Julia Aston said...

How fun that you got to meet up with Pauline! looks like you gals really 'painted' the town! What great spots you hit!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What fun!! It looks like ya'll had a fabulous time! So glad you shared your visit, especially the photos!

Maria said...

Wowww!!! How fun for you two to get together and go craft shopping! Visting that MFT store would be a dream come true...fabulous!!! It looks like you two had a wonderful time! Thanks so much for sharing these awesome pics with us! Take care, hugs!!!

Shannon White said...

Awww, Looks like you guys had a Blast!! 8-) Loving all the Great pics!! I sure wish we all lived closer!! ;-)

Big Hugs
Shannon

Helen F. said...

Oh what a fabulous fun day you planned for Pauline! You two look like you had a crafty BLAST! TFS your wonderful photos and great day together, Sue :)

Ros Crawford said...

I'm sooo jealous!! haha! You are so lovely to plan that day out ... we have no craft stores anything like you have ... I can't get over that MFT shop!! I'd need more than a day though ... Loved seeing these photos ... TFS xxx

Deborah Frings said...

You both obviously had such a fun time! I think your tour of the local crafting hotspots was such a great idea. I do hope Pauline was able to lift her suitcase for the flight home :)

Hopefully, we'll be in Florida next spring - we must catch up then!

Barb Turpin said...

What fun! How awesome to have the MFT store near you!

~Tammy~ said...

Looks like a fabulous time! Dang, I didn't know MFT had a store. I missed out on that one...Hope you are having a blast!

Colleen Dietrich said...

WOW! You two really hit the streets! What fun!

Juls said...

Oooooh I am so jealous that looks lots of fun!! Hope u got yourself plenty of goodies!!! Hugs Juls xxx