Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ribbon Reel #48 and Cardabilities #70 - Happy Birthday!

Edited:  This card was chosen for one of the Featured Designer cards at Cardabilities Sketch Challenge #70!!  Whoo!  Hoo!
 
Another Whoo!  Hoo!  THIS card made the Top Three at Ribbon Reel!
 
I'm playing with two ~ new to me ~ challenges!  The first is where I took my color inspiration from and that is the Ribbon Reel Challenge 48.  Aren't those butterflies just GORGEOUS?!?!?  I also used twine, seam binding and lace and my flowers are in the patterned paper.

I took my design inspiration from Cardabilities #70 and their FAB sketch:

Here's my card:

I used for the first time a paper pad I hoarded and never used - Prima Botanical.  To make my background, I cut a 6 x 6 piece of paper into 4 equal parts and squished it together until it wasthe perfect size for my card.  I was able to cover all of the seams except one so istamped over it with a text stamp and zig zag stitched over it.  I think it made the perfect frame for my card front!

Here is the banner I made with my Epiphany banner punch and banner bubble caps:

Here is my 3 layered butterfly.  In the sketch they show two pins with pennants.  I chose to make the pins the antennaes!  For the sentiment banners I used the same blue text paper I used on the banners.

These two challenge were VERY inspiring to me.  THIS is the style that says "Sue Lelli!"

I hope you like my card!
Posted by Picasa

34 comments:

Juls said...

This is just fabulous!! Hugs Juls

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sue, I love your layered butterfly and that ruffled seam binding. I would never have known that you squished your paper together, it looks seamless! I love the antennae pins, and the pretty doily too, such a beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Jill Norwood said...

This is so you! Gorgeous, beautiful and sweet! Love the paper and would not have known it was 4 pieces! Love the detail and layers of your butterfly too! Such a lovely card!!!!
Hugs,
Jill

Lynn said...

So beautiful and delight! When I think of your style I think of a gorgeous card like this! Your attention to the details is awesome.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors and love love love the banner and butterfly!!!

Ros Crawford said...

I love the botanical papers ... still hoarding a lot of them! your card is so pretty ... I love your take on the sketch ... especially the butterfly antennae ... clever you!

Unknown said...

I am loving everything about this card. That paper in the background is gorgeous. Yep... Your card has me smiling this morning.

Hugs~

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I love Prima products, I can see why you hoarded it :) What a great sketch to follow, the butterfly looks beautiful as does the mini bunting.
You always pick the most flattering of colours. You've got to love those pin antenae :)
Your style rocks.
Katie x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHHH! This is just GORGEOUS, Sue! I absolutely love love love those papers and that butterfly! LOVE the pins and the twine---love that banner and lace....LOVE LOVE LOVE it all! GORGEOUS! I always love visiting your blog--- totally inspired:) <3

Dianne said...

Brilliant card Sue loven your butterfly and those gorgeous papers and how about that cute banner, thanks for sharing and have a great day...

Marybeth said...

Oh my goodness I love everything about this one! The colors with the bit of deep purple and the butterfly . Love the seam binding and lace so beautiful! I see a winning card here Sue. Adorable banner too!

igła i nitka said...

Do I like your card? I just LOVE it!!! You matched these items perfectly: paper, ribbon and this butterfly altogether make a really beautiful mix. Love these delicate colours! Greetings:)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a stunning creation, really really love those pretty colors together!!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Another beautiful "Sue Lelli" creation! I adore the butterfly! And the pins for the antenna is a fabulous idea!

Maria said...

Wow! A three layered butterly! It couldn't be any more gorgeous!Beautiful papers used and sweet banner, too! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue!!! This is so darm adorable!!! I love every little detail and the butterfly is perfect!!

Marge said...

Yes, this simply SCREAMS "Sue Lelli"!!! It's sheer perfection in each sweet little detail too -- from the bitty banner tied up with twine to that twine-accented butterfly with heart pin antennae -- ahhh -- LOVE it!!!

Anonymous said...

Your card for these challenges is fantastic, Sue. I absolutely adore the colors. And your butterfly is superb. LOVE the DP! Beautifully done. ;-)

Helen Berry said...

Oooo, what an absolute beauty! Such a beautiful butterfly and I think that banner is perfection. Beautiful lace, trims and ribbon trim. Thanks so much for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week :)

scrappingnana said...

This is beautiful. Love all the elements and the paper you used.

Shannon White said...

Wowie!! This is Just Gor-JUSS Sue!! Love the Pretty Pretty patterned papers and you epiphany banner is Fabulous!! ( might need to have one of those ! lol ) Loving your Sweet Butterfly and the pretty crochet lace and rich vibrant seam bind ing too! just Beautiful Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Lynn said...

Beautiful card. Love the butterfly with the pins.

Unknown said...

So pretty! Love how you wrapped the twine around the butterfly and used heart stickpins for antennae. :) That banner is cute too and I love this beautiful card Sue.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Sue Lelli. Love the beautiful layered butterfly on that doily. The papers are lovely.

Beverly Montez said...

This is lovely. I think I have that paper pad too and have not used any of it yet. Been playing with digital paper. Coming to Gail's house tomorrow?

scrapdictive said...

Such a sweet card.
Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!

~Tammy~ said...

Wowzers girl! Godgeous! You nailed both challenges with such elegance too! Just stunning and so happy you played at The Ribbon Reel!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sue! Love tge beautiful pink butterfly and sweet banner! Looking forward to catching up with you soon!

Alex said...

A very beautiful card!!!
Good luck to the challenge!
Come on my blog!!!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, love your sweet layout and pretty colours, thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel, hugs, Sarah x

Loretta said...

This card is fabulous!

Cheryl said...

Big Congrats for being featured at the Cardabilities Sketch Challenge, AND for the Top Three award at Ribbon Reel! Your card is amazing! I love how you were able to piece together the dp to retain the frame, and the stitching to hide the seam looks great! That little banner is so cute, and your butterfly is GORGEOUS--I love the pink cs! And, how creative to make a twine body and pin antennae! I'd give you first prize for the butterfly alone!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Totally sigh worthy! Love that hoarded Prima paper, the little banners...everything!

Deborah Frings said...

I can see why you did so well with this card - it's absolutely beautiful. Love the lace and ruffle ribbon with the lovely layered butterfly! Fab!