Monday, March 18, 2013

Bunnies Bunnies EVERYWHERE! My Sheri Crafts #106

The challenge this week at My Sheri CRAFTS #106 is To Create Any Project representing Easter and this is it for me!  I think of the Easter bunny leaving me and my brother Easter baskets and little poodle puppies running around the house all the while my Dad filmed us with his 35mm camera!  Then we would all get dressed up and go to church!

I had company all last week so there was very little crafty time.  My GF and I DID manage to make some Easter cards her last night here but she left before I could take pics of her cards.

Following are the cards I made - most of them from my scrap box!  LOVE it when that happens!
I used the design from my bunny mixed media piece which you can see here.

I frayed the edges on the fabric washi tape at the bottom.  I also printed the words to Here Comes Peter Cottontail and die cut it for two of my bunnies:

I doodled the flower centers and stems and around the words:

This card has two hills of patterned paper.  I have pinked the edges of all of my cards.  My grandmother gave me those pinking shears 35 years ago!  GREAT memory!

The word bunny was stamped in hibiscus ink and clear embossed.  LOVE the way that looks!

I stamped the words love you on white paper, cut it out, and doodled lines around it on each card:

I liked how the sheet music looked for the bunny!

Here we are with our BFFs at Venice Beach!  They wanted to look for shark's teeth.

Hopefully you're not sick of Bunnies yet!
I hope to catch up soon and leave comments for my blog friends!  I've Missed You!
Posted by Picasa

29 comments:

Heidi Bound said...

Beyond adorable! The design and colors are fantastic!

Jill Norwood said...

Oh these are so fun! Love how you made the word background for the bunnies! So creative!!! And love that you have your Grandma's pinking shears! Such a wonderful treasure!
Hugs,
Jill

Marge said...

WOW -- that's a plethora of CUTE bunny cards, Sue, each one cuter than the one before! Thank you so much for sharing ALL your cards with us @ My Sheri Crafts challenge!!! ;~)

Lisa Elton said...

What a delightful parade of bunnies Sue! You've used the papers from your scrapbox beautifully. I could never get tired of this cute little fella! Happy you had a nice visit with your friends but glad to have you back ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo cute!! LOVING those bunnies!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a darling set of cards Sue! Love all the cute bunnies with the powder puff tails! Great family photo too!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Super sweet ... I love the bunny!!!!!

You were right, I am saying hello to you from San Francisco now!!!! : )

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness These are So Darned CUTE Sue!!! Love your Darling BUnnies and Fun pinked rolling hills too! Such Sweet little scene's And Adorable Easter cards! And so Awesome that you were able to create them all from your scrap box! (LOVE when that happens! ) ;-)

Big Hugs
Shannon

Dianne said...

Wow Sue 8 bunnies, 8 different ways very creative, thanks for sharing all these and have a great day..

Pauline said...

These are simply adorable Sue! I love all the different papers you used for your little bunny scenes, and so satisfying to have used some scraps too!
8 days til we go, the kids are beyond excited, I'm terrified cos I hate flying! Xx

Ros Crawford said...

Aww! Wat sweet bunny cards ... looks like you had fun! and your photo is great ... you look so pretty

~Tammy~ said...

Those are just the sweetest. You are having a ball creating! Love it! Awesome photo!

Emily Keaton said...

My goodness, Sue--your bunnies are uber-adorable!!

scrappingnana said...

These are all so adorable. Love the cute little bunny.

Cheryl said...

OMGosh, Sue, these cards are adorable! I love that they are all basically the same, but still different. :) My fav is the first one with the double hills, frayed washi tape (didn't even know that was possible), and text bunny. What a great idea to print out your own text! Thank you so much for all the sweet comments you've made on my blog! :) Have a great week!

igła i nitka said...

Love these bunnies very much! These colours are so vivid and cheerfull! These cards really make my day!

Marybeth said...

You sure made lots of adorable bunny cards. I love the mix of papers, just beautiful ! That must be a great pair of pinking sheers from your sweet grandmother. She sure knew how to give a lasting gift. Great picture of you and your friends, glad you had a nice time.

Maria said...

Ohhhh...what adorable Easter cards, Sue! Fab mix of papers and sweet little bunnies! And, how wonderful to have your Grandma's pinking shears! Thanks for sharing the photo with you and friends...great pic! Take care, hugs!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Awww...all your bunny cards are so cute!!!! Just love all the backgrounds! Great picture of you and your friends!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! So many bunnies-- they are SUPER cute! LOVE the papers--so fun, colorful, and def. perfect for the upcoming Easter holiday and Spring:)

I looooove each bunny--they are just too cute! I think I love the yellow polka dot ones the most:) But then again I love music.... so it's a tie:)

What a fab pic of you and your friends! Glad you had a great time at the beach:) Living in FL is the BEST!

Sandy Palmer said...

It's pretty clever how you made all of these adorable bunny cards! Thanks for sharing them with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Darling bunny cards Sue Lelli. Love the different papers you used on the supr cut die-cut. Mine is in the mail! Can't wait to use it. :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a cute bunch of bunny cards, Sue!
Loved your early Easter memory too.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness so many cute cards. I can't believe Easter will be here soon, Already...

That is such a great photo of the four of you. TFS..

Hugs~

Vickie Z said...

You were on a " bunny butt" craze....or pom pom tails! Love all of them...bright, springy....I'm ready! Shark's teeth....did they find any? Hubs would have totally been looking!!

Anonymous said...

What adorable Easter cards!! You have been a bsy girl! Looks like you had a great time with your company!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Oh these are gorgeous, love how you captured the wording in the bunny -so clever. Fabulous doodling btw. It's one of the most satisfying things using up those scraps, well done you.
That photo is awesome! My favourite thing is the fact you are all wearing sunglasses!! Cor, if only we had your sunshine. You really are the sweetest couple.
Katie x

Deborah Frings said...

Love all the different bunnies and those pom-pom tails are so, so cute!

Helen F. said...

Such adorable bunny cards, Sue! No, not sick of 'em ~ thanks for the fun ideas. :)
PS: great pic of you, your DH and friends~hope they found some shark teeth