Wednesday, February 20, 2013

CCCB #147 - All That Glitters - So Sweet of You!

You can find my card for JUGS #176 and Retro Sketches #51 here or scroll down.


The challenge at CCCB #147 this week is all about glitter!  The winner will be a Guest Designer on their blog - how COOL is that???!!!

I have to admit, glitter is a challenge for me!  I don't own any because I just don't like how it gets everywhere!  So I pulled out my trusty fruit punch Stickles to add glitter to my card!
I added the glitter to my rose to give it detail and make it shine on my card.  Can you see it?  I LOVE that color of Stickles!

Here's my card:

Here's a close up of my glittery rose with no muss no fuss  but lots of glittery shine!

Hope you like my card!
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

Marge said...

Pretty card, Sue and I LOVE that BG paper (need to pull mine back out & use it for spring now!), and your glittery rose is FABULOUS! My husband starts 'itching' every time he sees a speck of glitter, which in our house is quite often - LOL!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Wow, this is soo precious! Glorious stitching and glitz but you had me at that shocking pink bow -yum!
You talented girl you.
Hope you are having a great week.
Katie x

Lisa Elton said...

GASP!!! Sue this is my favorite card from your EVER! Glory be this is the sweetest prettiest little creation. Glad you squeezed this one in today.

I have a teeny little glitter supply, like you I don't like the mess. And fruit punch Stickles is my favorite of all Stickles ;)

Lisa said...

What a yummy card Sue :) I love that rose and your double bow and yes, I LOVE the fruit punch stickles too!!

igła i nitka said...

I must say that I have never seen glitter on your cards but this one is just perfect! I like it very much:)

Lynn said...

I always laugh when I use glitter wondering whether people are going to wonder what I've been up to! :) your glitter looks fabulous...just the right amount!

Lynn said...

I always laugh when I use glitter wondering whether people are going to wonder what I've been up to! :) your glitter looks fabulous...just the right amount!

Juls said...

Beautiful, stylish card, hugs Juls

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo beautiful! I love love love the colors and that flower!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Sue! I love that pretty rose and the added shimmer! Great mix of patterned papers!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work Sue!!! Love the stickles and the pretty paper!Thanks so much for playing along this week at CCCB :-) P.S. comment moderation turned off not going so well lol!!!

Pauline said...

What a gorgeous card Sue, I love those gorgeous papers, and that beautiful glittered bloom, such pretty colours too!

Ros Crawford said...

I Love your card! I love the papers and the pretty sparkly rose and your bow is perfect!! Many thanks for playing at CCCB!

Janie Printz said...

Beautiful card Sue, love the glittery rose & my kitchen table STILL has glitter in a few cracks from years ago when the kids were home playing with my supplies. They wanted to make a card with glitter. Messy but the memories are worth every sparkle. The rose is gorgeous as is your beautiful bow.
Hugs, Janie

Christine Traversa said...

beautiful!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This card is so adorable! Love the papers you used! and it might be my favorite of yours!!!! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at CCCB!

Beverly Montez said...

You are such a glitter-chicken!!! I am sending you a BUNCH for Christmas next year!! LOL
Come play with me and Millie tomorrow!
XO

Beverly Montez said...

Whoops!! Forgot to say what a great card! LOVE that paper.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card. I just love how that flower has a bit of sparkle.. Perfect for our challenge.
Thanks so much for joining us this week over at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats on your win at JUGS!!! Whoot whoot!

Shannon White said...

Wow!! Soo Beautiful Sue!! Love your Sweet sparkly rose and the Lovely dp's and Super Pretty colors too! Really Gorgeous Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Dianne said...

What a beautiful card I love the sewing on it, the distressing, the background paper go perfect with the lovely rose you colored with the sparkle, excellent thanks for sharing..

Maria said...

Beautiful soft flowers everywhere...so so pretty, Sue! Love how you glittered up the pretty rose with stickles...great touch! And, love the pop of color with the pretty pink ribbon! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, hugs!

Unknown said...

I agree with everyone Sue. Your card is beautiful and it's one of my top fave's ever. Love the details on it. :) Hugs

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty. Beautiful papers, beautiful images, beautiful ribbon... I love it. Stickles is how I much prefer to add glitter to a project, too. I have kindof a love hate relationship with glitter! You're brilliant. ;-)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card girl! The papers are so pretty and that rose is beautiful. The touch of glitter looks great.