Saturday, January 26, 2013

You've Been on my Mind!


  

This card is for My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club 108 and
Papercraft Star 129 Button Challenge!

I had so much FUN making this card for a very Dear Blog Friend!  I want her to know I am thinking of her and WISH her only GOOD things for her and her son!
Here is a sneak peek of the Prima burlap flower I ripped their button off of and added the hot pink one to match my paper!  I also added the Wish slide on twine and used my MFT postage stamp die for a background:

Here's the entire card:

I used my MFT You're Just My Type stamps on another MFT postage stamp die and popped it.  Just goes to show you can use the FAB sentiments without using the typewriter every time!

For the Papercraft Star Button Challenge I used that FAB tiny button patterned paper, buttons on the aqua lace, and a button on the burlap flower.

I LOVE the type set sentiments in this MFT stamp set and KNOW I will be using them all the time!
Hope you like my card!
Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

♥Jan♥ said...

I like that typeset too, very old time typewriter like. Bold and bright color choice, and I love that you added some sewing to go along with the buttons !! We were so glad to have you along with us for our button challenge at Papercraft Star !!

Lisa Elton said...

Your friend will appreciate your thoughtfulness with this sweet card Sue! I like the paper with the tiny buttons ;)

Deborah Frings said...

What a fabulous card! Love the colours, the button paper and matching button trim! The flower is just lovely. Great work!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wowza...I love all the mixed of colors, they are bright, cheery and sweet, what a happy creation!

Anonymous said...

I love how you strung the heart thru the twine, and the sentinment, she will love it!!

Ros Crawford said...

What a super happy card this is ... I just know your friend will appreciate this ... Loving the buttons ... Thanks Sue for playing along at Papercraft Star!

~Tammy~ said...

Sue, this is so sweet! I love love your sweet embellishments you add to your cards like the heart charm! You have the neatest "pretties"! Your papers are so pretty and you are having a ball with your new goodies! Good for you! So wonderful seeing you post! Your friend will just love and appreciate the love and thoughtfulness you put into this!

PS get up here and show me how to use my sewing machine sitting on my desk!

Mona Pendleton said...

cute card Sue! Love your button collection!

Heather Rogers said...

Super cute! She will love it! The metal heart is so pretty. :)

Hugs~

Maria said...

Awwww...what a super sweet card!!! Love it in every way! Fab Prima burlap flower, button paper, buttons, and darling heart charm! It's just a perfect card for your friend. I'm sure she'll appreciate it! Hope you are enjoying your weekend, hugs!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the bright cheery colors! And all the stitching! That burlap flower is fab! Your friend is gonna love this card!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

That is such a great font type and I love the sentiment. Your card is so full of colour, just what your friend sounds like she needs.
Hope all is ok.
Those buttons are the cutest.
Katie x

JoAnn said...

So cute. Love the buttons and button paper. The heart on twine is a cute addition. TFS

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Sue, I love the colors you used, so cheery! thanks for joining in the fun at the Papercraft Star this week.

Pauline said...

This is just gorgeous Sue, I love the bright jolly colours, and the pretty lace and flower!

Marybeth said...

Oh Sue this is beautiful , happy and so colorful! There you go again thinking of others. I think I know who this is for and she will love it! Love the buttons and that adorable heart on the pink twine.

Stella said...

Quite a contrast with the beauty in black but just as STUNNING! Your friend will love this Sue; how seet of you to send her this handmade gem.
XX

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card. LOVE the cute buttons. Nice colors. The burlap flower is LO-VE-LY!

Jill Norwood said...

Sue this is GORGEOUS!!! I love the pretty papers, the crochet trim, and the lovely "wish" heart! So pretty my dear! Hope you are having a great day today!
Hugs,
Jill

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeee the colors and that flower!! Thanks for visiting my bloggy!! :)

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors and the stitching :)

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! I love the bright colors, and I love that flower ensemble with the heart slide - so cute! Beautiful job. ;-)

Juls said...

fabulous! Love all your details! Hugs Juls