Saturday, April 7, 2012

CR84FN51 Week 2 - Happy Birthday Josie!

It's Week 2 at CR84FN 51 with these pretty colors and I have another card for you:
The white icing on the blue cake just MADE me want to emboss this damask design on blue paper, top and bottom!  I really like how it turned out!

Here is a close up of the mats I layered and the pretty lace butterfly that is winging it's way to my Dear Friend Josie.  I hope she has the most WONDERFUL day!
Now go check out the BEAUTIFUL creations from our Design Team members!  They are listed in my sidebar.  Leave them (and ME!) some LOVE!  And then come Create For FUN!

On another note, I JUST got home from a week in Phoenix and the highlight of my trip was meeting - Live and In Person - Mona Pendleton!  We have talked on the phone and emailed so many times but we were able to meet twice; once for a three hour lunch and again for a three hour dinner the very next night!  I think we were sisters in another life!  LOL!  I felt like I had known her forever!
Here's a photo her DH Scott took of the two of us:
This photo will definitely be in my sidebar under "Meeting My FAVS!"

29 comments:

Shannon White said...

Oh Sue This is just Gorgeous!! 8-) Love the Pretty damask embossing and Wonderful borders! Your Lacey butterfly is soo Beautiful too! Just Love Every Fabulous detail! Josie is going to Treasure this! 8-)

Hope you have a Very Happy Easter
Hugs
Shannon

Pauline said...

Such a beautiful card Sue, your friend will adore this! Beautiful stamping on the pretty blue paper, and love the label shape and pretty punching.
Great pic of you and Mona, looking very Glamorous!
Happy Easter Sue xx

Lynn said...

Ah...I think you and Mona are sisters :) How fun to get to meet! And your card is fabulous...you know I love the damask! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

Brenda said...

Awesome photo of you and Mona! Actually, you could be sisters! Love your beautiful card, you're making me want to go and play with my PTI stamps! I love your butterfly, it's giving me some inspiration! Have a fabulous and relaxing Easter Sunday!

Heather Rogers said...

I love the pretty butterfly. You know I am a sucker for butterflies! The damask is the icing on the cake. :)

Beautiful picture of the pair of you.

hugs~

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh, look at you 2 babes! Great photo!

Your card is beautiful! I love the damask embossing. And the butterfly is perfect!

Mirna said...

Great photo of you and Mona! So beautiful! You guys are so lucky to have met! Funny how friendships develop via the Internet and then flourish in real life!
Love your beautiful card too! That butterfly is amazing!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very beautiful card Sue! That butterfly is so elegant looks and your embossed background looks so elegant! I think you are my long lost sister from another mother ;) I had so much fun with you and can't until we meet again! Happy Easter!

Shirley said...

Great photo and beautiful card for your post too!

Lisa Elton said...

Such a PRETTY card Sue, love your embossed damask! Great picture of you and Mona, how special for you both to meet!!

Deborah Frings said...

What a super birthday card - absolutely love the lace butterfly. I'm sure your friend will love it.

And that's a great photo of you and Mona - both looking so gorgeous.

~Tammy~ said...

Your card is beautiful!!! Another perfect card displaying perfect inspiration!!! Love the damask! You do look like you could be sisters. Glad you got to finally meet. Sounds
Like you had a great trip!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What an amazing card--LOVE the design and all the little details! BEAUTIFUL butterflies! You always amaze me!!

Hope you had a great time in Phoenix!! Great pic of you and Mona! HUGS HUGS HUGS<3

Loretta said...

Where have I been? I've missed so many of your gorgeous cards! They are all so beautiful. I love the one you made for Josie. That butterfly is wonderful. A real stunner.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful and lovely card! Love the elegant butterfly! Love that picture of you and Mona! Looks like you both had a fantastic time together!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Sue, I looooove your card: everything about it. It's just gorgeous! And I'm so psyched for you that you got to meet Mona. What a sweetheart she is. Great pic of you two!

Jingle said...

SUPER pretty card!

Aleksandra said...

Another beauty! Love it!

Blessings,
Aleksandra

Cheryl said...

Sue, this card is absolutely Gorgeous! I love the white embossed design and that lace butterfly is beautiful!!! That's a fab photo of you and Mona. How fun! Y'all look like sisters! ~Hugs!

Vickie Z said...

Love the damask print in white on the blue...gorgeous!!! Looks like a vellum butterfly...happy smile!!! Love the pic..looks/sounds like you and Mona had a wonderful time!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful card, and so cool to meet up with blog friend!

Ginny said...

Sue, your card is absolutely beautiful! I love everything about it from the colors, to the embossing to that sweet butterfly. Very nice picture of you and Mona. Glad you two were able to meet up with each other and hang out.

Ally said...

I know I'm a week late to comment, but... This card is so, so pretty, Sue. I love the damask in the background, and that butterfly is just gorgeous! You worked these colors beautifully. ;-) Fantastic!

igła i nitka said...

Beautiful and so delicate card! By the way - nice to see you both:)

Deb Hickman said...

Beautiful card,Sue, the background is gorgeous. What a lovely photo, you could be sisters with the same gorgeous blonde hair. I bet you had fun, how nice to eventually meet up.xxxx

Carole said...

Hi Sue, your card is so lovely and I absolutely ADORE that butterfly. Awesome work!

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful!--the card and the faces:)

Stella said...

Sue your card is priceless:) I am in awe...the damask and the butterflies. You are amazing....


And that photo of you and Mona WOW! Yes defintely sisters and it must have been wonderful ( I am bit jealous hee hee)
Saving up money for a trip somewhere in 2013/2014. We MUST meet!
I'll bring a few Dutch treats. And can we please visit Michaels?? :)
Hugs!
XX

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

You are so lucky to meet up with all of your lovely blogger friends, what a sweet photo. You could totally be sisters. I bet there were no awkward pauses ;)
Your card is devine, I love how you interpreted the colours -it looks good enough to eat!
Man I've missed some inspiration....
Katie x