Monday, December 26, 2011

PTI Blog Hop - Holiday Leftover Challenge!

 I always look forward to the December PTI leftover Challenge and I now find I look at my Christmas gifts in a whole new way!  This year my leftover is from a wrapped present.  I cut this Beautiful wreath out of the paper my DH used to wrap a sweater in!
Everything else is PTI.

I die cut the butterfly from the same paper using PTI's Love Lives Here die collection.  I LOVE the tiny heart cut out and the way the butterfly looks like a bow.  The pink gems are also PTI and the sentiment is from PTI's Signature Christmas stamp set.
The border of hearts is my NEW PTI Heart Border die cut with my Yummy PTI Autumn Rose felt.  I just LOVE PTI's felt!  I added some gems here as well.  Can you see that I also impressed my PTI white cardstock PTI's Moroccan Motif Impression Plate?  I love the little somethin' somethin' the impression adds as far as additional texture!   Hope you enjoyed my card! 
Posted by Picasa

48 comments:

Helping individuals step into their potential said...

so pretty. Love that pink felt heart border.

Victoria said...

Wow! That is absolutely gorgeous! And I see you got to use some new PTI goodies on your card, too! Beautiful card!

Cyndie said...

It's adorable! The leftover paper works incredibly well with your felt die cut and the butterfly and jewels!

Donna K said...

very pretty - it was the first post that caught my eye. it's fun when we start looking at things with new eyes.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic, your wreath is so lovely and the pink felt border is amazing.

samantha's cards said...

very pretty

Marge said...

Sue, this is GORGEOUS! Great card from your fabulous 'leftovers'! Most of my leftovers are food, as we hosted Christmas dinner this year! IF I can find the energy, I'm going to try to come up with a card, as I just remembered it was Blog Hop day and I NEED some crafty downtime! ;~)

Karen said...

Divine card such a pretty design...love your color choices

Marybeth said...

This is such a pretty card! Love your felt heart border!

Jude said...

The leftover paper is perfect for a wreath.

Inkyfingers said...

What a great great card Sue. The butterfly is so cute as a bow and the felt heart border is beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful Sue! I love PTI felt too and this color is so pretty. Great idea using the butterfly for your bow!

Suzanne Russell said...

Sue, the heart border done in felt and added rhinestones is just delightful! Great job!

Lee said...

This is so beautiful. The colours are gorgeous and I love the bling.

Dana said...

Wow!! Lovely card!! The wreath is wonderful!! Looks like designer paper!!

Cassandra said...

Stunning Sue, love the colours in the paper, the shape of the wreath and I am jealous you have the heart border die. I tried ordering it this morning and, of course they are out of stock.

Shay said...

Awesome use of your wrapping paper! Great card.

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is just so stunning - and to think it was leftover holiday paper - fabulous!

Tammy said...

Lovely card Sue! The butterfly bow and gems are great additions!

Barb Turpin said...

Beautiful color combination Sue...and I loved your Christmas card!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Sue. I love the pink and green. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. :)
Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!

Shannon White said...

Wowzers Sue! This is Soo Pretty Pretty! & How creative are you! 8-) Love how you used your left overs to crete the Lovely wreath and it's Pretty ornaments! Just Fabulous! Hope your Christmas was Wonderful! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Terri said...

Very nice. Love the wreath and the felt heart border too.

maryrose said...

WOW, love those vibrant colors, and the heart border is such a sweet touch!

Joyce said...

This is so beautiful. I just love the pink and the green--so happy.

Kelly S. said...

Beautiful color combination, Sue! I love the butterfly at the top of the wreath that matches the ornaments!

Lori said...

The paper makes a perfect wreath! Love the butterfly "bow," too.

Chunyuan said...

beautiful wreath card. great color too.

jen said...

This is beautiful! Love the extra something that impression plate gives! Gorgeous!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and such a great use for the heart border.

carol (krillsister) said...

Stunning card. Great colors. Love the use of the butterfly as part of the bow. That heart die is awesome cut in the felt.

Juls said...

just sooooooooooooooo gorgeous!!!! lOVE fabulous rich colours, the touch of felt and the added bling, gorgeous creation! Hugs Juls

farmhouse-story said...

your wreath is so clever, sue! the butterfly, gems and felt are such pretty embellishments--gorgeous card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty Sue! Love the beautiful upcycled wreath and the gorgeous butterfly! The felt heart border adds such a nice touch!

Kristin said...

I love this- the heart border die is amazing and that felt is so pretty! (I can't believe I didn't get any!) gorgeous card.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty paper! Love the gorgeous colors. Neat idea using it for your wreath. Love the felt hearts. :o)

Marie said...

WOW what a beautiful card. The colors, embellishments and butterfly bow are marvelous. Great recycling.

Julie Mogford said...

The color combo is great and I love how the wreath came together! Nice job!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is a lovely holiday card, I love the row of hearts made out of felt, I just received me and can't wait to "die-cut" it! : )

Pauline said...

Sue this is a beautiful creation! I can't believe you cut the wreath yourself, it looks like a die cut! Beautiful embellishments, and I love the added texture from the impression plate. Happy New Year!

Ally said...

Love it, Sue. ;-) The colors together are fabulous, and that wreath is spectacular! I do love the impression from the Moroccan motif plate - it adds a lovely little something extra. I'm still waiting on my hearts border die, but the tracking word is that I can expect it tomorrow. Yay! Lovely card, Sue. ;-)

Emily Keaton said...

That wreath is fabulous, Sue! And I love the felt you die cut, too. It always warms my heart to see people recycling pretty things (and that gift wrap you snagged for this is fantastic!) Happy New Year, my friend!

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous card Sue! LOVE that wreath!!! What an awesome take on the challenge!

~Tammy~ said...

Beauty beauty beauty....the felt gives it such a nice warm touch!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a neat wreath! The accent color looks like a dead ringer for the retired SU color, Purely Pomegranate.

Shirley said...

How gorgeous! The whole card says thank you with love!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Just love the colors!