Saturday, October 1, 2011

CR84FN39 Week 2 - Happy Turkey Day!

This card was featured on Out and About in the Moxie Fab World!!!
It's week 2 here at CR84FN and you still have time to play with these colors!  Some of our CR84FN Design Team members ~ plus ME ~ have made another card to inspire you even more!  Check out the links in my sidebar!  And check out the final card from our September Guest Designer, Marie Oberg, who has been a LOT of fun and has left you all a BUNCH of FAB comments!  Here's my Happy Turkey Day card:
Again with the Authentique Blissful paper for my background.  I LOVE mixing their patterns!  I also was happy to take out this turkey die again.  It's fun to use different papers for his tail feathers.
I also like to add a tiny orange paper triangle for his beak.  It's a small detail but I think it brings him to life.  I'm going to mass produce this card for Thanksgiving.  Last year I got busy and thought I'd skip Thanksgiving cards.  Boy was I surprised how many people asked me where their card was!  I'm definitely NOT skipping turkey day ever again!  I hope you enjoy my card and I'd LOVE for you to come play with us at CR84FN!
Posted by Picasa

34 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

What a fun card - the turkey die is super. And I really like the papers you've used!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a cute turkey Sue! Love the polka dot feathers and his big eyes :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Another wonderful fall theme card, I love your DP choice!

Juls said...

this is really fun!!! Hugs Juls

Suzanne C said...

Gobble Gobble... Love your turkey and he is perfect for the fall colors. Super cute!

Gisèle said...

Sue Lelli, this is a happy card for sure...what great use of your DP, your colors are fab, and yes, that orange beak just brings it all together LOL....xoxoox

Cassandra said...

I think I can relate to Happy Turkey Day! Love him and you have used one of my favourite papers du jour. Don't know how I will use them but you have given me some ideas.

Hope all is good at yours.

Pauline said...

This is an adorable card, such a fun image and die cut Sue! I love the retro feel to the papers and your colour treatment, a fab card!

Lisa said...

Sue this is awesome! Love the turkey :) and those papers are just amazing together! You do such beautiful work!

Colleen Dietrich said...

It must've made you feel good to have people asking where their special card was last year, Sue! THat's a nice compliment. THis turkey card is ultra cute, I do love those mixed papers too. ANd yes, the little orange beak is just what he needed for a little life!

Anonymous said...

Such a darling card, Sue! Love the turkey and his polka dot tail feathers!

igła i nitka said...

What a fantastic card! This turkey is so sweet (orange beak was a really good idea:). I think the card has a lot of positive energy in it.

Marie said...

Gee, Sue, you did it again! Amazing turkey card, with wonderful designer tail feathers. I didn't know there was a turkey die....it's to die for! The orange beak is a perfect match to his dotted tail feathers. Too too cute.

Emily Keaton said...

This is absolutely adorable, Sue! I love how you layered that sweet turkey's tail feathers! Great use of the challenge colors. This looks like it will be a winner of a design for all of those Thanksgiving cards you plan to send out!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a special turkey!!! Yes, I think the orange beak is the magic touch! He looks very dapper! And i'm sure all your friends and family will love their Thanksgiving cards. Too Cute!

Brenda said...

Sue! I am in love with those beautiful patterned papers! Love your fun turkey too! This card is totally cute!

Marge said...

I smile every time I see this little guy (and you may KNOW, that's every day -- LOL)!!! He is the cutest and your card is FABULOUS -- LOVE those papers -- I seriously want to give away about 3/4 of the huge piles I already have go buy ALL NEW paper. And as you said recently, mostly 6 x 6 pads!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Ooh dear! Good job you made up for it this year with such a cutie! Great use of that PTI goodness.

Have a fab week.

Katie x

farmhouse-story said...

such a cute little guy, sue:) how sweet your peeps missed their cards!

Lisa Elton said...

What a great little gobbler Sue! LOVE his polka dot fan of feathers! Really cute card :)

Loretta said...

This is such a great combo of papers. Lovely card, Sue!

Patrice said...

I just love that yellow background paper!

Vee said...

Sue He is so cute this fat lil turkey. This card is fab. Hugs and thanks for your help. Vee xx

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Well my goodness, isn't he a beauty! :)

Shannon White said...

Sue this is soo CUTE! Love your Adorable Turkey! Love the Authentique dp's! So Perfect! What a Wonderful Thanksgiving card to mass produce! I know everyone will just LOVE this! I have to pick a design myself that I want to mass produce as well, because I did the same thing and didn't do Thanksgiving cards one year and boy did I ever hear it.. lol Thanks for the inspiration Lady!

Big Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Unknown said...

EEK!!! This is adorable!!! I love everything about this...great card :)

Kelly said...

great car. Love the colors and the featured TOM!

pcrusberg said...

This is my first time to your blog (came over from the Moxie Fab post) and I just have to say that your Beach Chair Failure pic just made me laugh. Thanks for that! The turkey day card is just adorable. I've never seen that stamp before and just love it. Thanks!

norine said...

Congrats on the Moxie Fab feature!! Great card - totally mass production worthy!!

Chunyuan said...

congrats on the MFW shout out.

Marie said...

Congrats, Sue on the Moxie Fab World feature. You rock! So glad for you.

Cheryl said...

Congrats on the MFW feature! I love the card! That turkey is adorable, and the dp's are fabulous! I'd be asking where my card was, too, if this is the kind of card you've been sending out! ;) ~Hugs,Cheryl

Helen F. said...

Gorgeous mix of DP, Sue behind your "handsome Tom" :) Fun Thanksgiving card, congrats on the MFW shout out too.

Shirley said...

How awesome, fun, and so creative!! I love Mr. Turkey!