Saturday, September 10, 2011

CR84FN38 ~ I LOVE These Colors!

First, I would like to say a prayer in remembrance of the 10 year anniversary of 9/11.  I was at home with my sick son and watched it over and over in disbelief.  Then I heard you shouldn't let your children see it over and over because they would think it was numerous events and not just that unbelievable one. 
God Bless the men and women who died on that day and God Bless those who survived and vowed to fight against terrorism either in the United States or abroad.  Amen.
Thank you all for allowing me to say my prayer.  Now onto our Challenge.
So GLAD to be playing with one of MY FAV color combos!  I hope you like it, too, and come play with us!  This week we are happy to have Marie Oberg with us as our September Guest Designer!  Marie is a loyal player of CR84FN, making Beautiful cards week after week, plus she always leaves such FABULOUS comments.  Check out her blog and leave her some LOVE.
As if this graphic from Creative Mint isn't enough to inspire you, go see what the other members of the CR84FN Design Team have made for you (all listed in my sidebar)!
Here's MY card:
My card is pretty BOLD and GRAPHIC.  I found inspiration in the diamond like pattern in the CR84FN inspiration graphic.  To make the diamond pattern, I punched out diamonds from gray cardstock, layed them out in the pattern, and then stamped a fancy flourish on all of them at once.  I wanted them to look connected.  I also outlined each diamond with a gray Copic marker.  I put black Kaiser gems where each traingle touched.
My flower is a daisy Bosskut die and I stamped text on the top layer.  The center is a Flair badge.  A little gray graph paper, some zig zag stitching, some layers and it's all done!
I hope you like it!
Posted by Picasa

33 comments:

Marie said...

Holy WOW! Connecting diamonds, how totally original and unique. The text on that flower a marvelous touch to your focal point. Stitching? A perfect addition to the negative spaces. You blow my mind with these creative touches.

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty Sue! That bloom is beautiful and I love that pretty background you created!

Deborah Frings said...

Love how you got the pattern on the diamonds! And the flower is just super - like the text detail too. This is really beautiful!

Deb Hickman said...

Beautiful card,love the diamond shapes and the big stamped flower.xxxxx

Shannon White said...

Oooh, Sue, this is Wonderful! Love the connecting diamonds and the Adorable flower! Adding the script is just the Perfect touch! Love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Joanne Leddy said...

A diamond pattern ... what a great idea! I love how you created it and the flower is FABULOUS! WOW!

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful Sue. I love the background you made and the pretty flower just tops it off. Fabulous darling. :)
Hugs~

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, Sue! Love the graphic design, the flourishes, text and gorgeous bloom!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wow, so creative! I can't believe how you stamped the diamonds! Looks incredible!
Mackie

Shirley said...

A very sophisticated and lovely too!

farmhouse-story said...

i just love how you created the diamonds, sue! love the flourishes and gems, too!

Emily Keaton said...

So beautiful, Sue! A beautiful prayer on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy, and a beautiful card created with beautiful colors. Lovely all around!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Super bold and super fun! It has a very "seductive" feel to it...ooh er!
I can't believe it's 10 years, i remember it like it was yesterday!
Katiex

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I still shake when I think of 9/11, it was such a sad day. *sigh.....

Well, this is a beautiful take on the color palette, stunning!!!

Brenda said...

I love your two rows of diamonds Sue! That's a brilliant idea! Oh man those colours are also calling me! I need to make some time to play! And I love your flower, great to stamp the text over it!

Barb Turpin said...

Hi Sue, it's hard to believe it is the 10 year anniversary of 9/11...it's still difficult to watch the shows on TV about it, just like with Pearl Harbor, but the TV coverage made it so much more real.

Your card is lovely, I like the gray graph paper and the gray around the edges of the diamond shapes.

Lana said...

Wow Sue! Your diamonds with flourish is brilliant idea! Love text on the flower! :)

Suzanne C said...

Love the harlequin pattern in the background! Lovely design and so so striking. Wonderful design.

Pauline said...

A beautiful card Sue, love those diamonds and the flourishes stamped so carefully, it makes a very elegant card.

~Tammy~ said...

Bold Graphic and oh so fun! Love what you did with the colors!

Andrea M said...

This is GORGEOUS! How much do I love that beautiful, big, pink blossom!!! WOW! The harlequin pattern is stunning! Wonderful take on the colors Sue!

Juls said...

Hi Sue

I am still playing catch up in blog land at the mo, I have enjoyed having a good look round here, so many fabulous and inspirational creations!!!

Love this, one of my fav colour combos .. such a stylish card, love the swirl detail in the harliquin shapes, and your fabby flowers!!

and the card in the previous post is just LUSH!!!! Loving the lace and the gorgeous flower, stunning creations as always!!

Hugs Juls

Ginny said...

What a FABULOUS card! I love the color combination and the diamond pattern is awesome. I love how you stamped on them together to connect them. That flower is beautiful, too. The stamping on it makes it look textured. Love it!

Stella said...

Bold and Graphic but also BREATHTAKING and GORGEOUS. Sue you have a style of your own that I just love. No matter what design; there is always that special touch of elegance on your cards and I love that. In fact; love all your cards.
Have a lovely day; it's good to be here again and as always...you never cease to amaze me...!

Patrice said...

Love that hot pink flower!

igła i nitka said...

I simply love this pink flower althoug I'm not fond of pink:) It makes this card so cute!

Ally said...

Beautiful card, Sue. ;-) Just so, so fabulous in every way. I love the way you used the colors, and I just LOVE me some Fancy Flourishes! And so clever on how you stamped them for continuity - brilliant! Beautiful job. ;-)

Lisa Elton said...

Love this Sue! The diamond pattern is great and what a great flower.I also adore the polka dot brad...polka dots are a big FAV for me!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Sue, this is gorgeous! I love that big textured flower and the way you made the harlequin background with bling.

Jennipher said...

Incredible interpretation of the inspiration piece. Gorgeous card.

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of this weeks colors! Love your design and added texture to the blossom!

Shirley said...

Beautiful and the colors are just perfect! The whole design is gorgeous!

Marge said...

Oh, Sue, I love the graphic design you created with this fun card!!! That BG is AWESOME, as well as your bold flower on the soft grey BG!!! Very striking!!!