Saturday, September 17, 2011

CR84FN38 - Card 2 - Happy Birthday, Aunt Connie!

Welcome Back for week 2 at CR84FN38!
Another week of these YUMMY colors from Creative Mint.  I made a second card and so did some of the other members of the CR84FN Design Team (listed in my sidebar) to inspire you to play.  Also check out what our September Guest Designer, Marie at "On Ink'd Wings," has created and leave her some LOVE!  Here's my card:

I hardly ever shop at Tuesday Morning but a friend told me to check out their scrapbook section and I found this PRETTY paper from Heidi Swapp!  I combined several of the papers and used two of the labels to create this card for Aunt Connie who will be 77 years old!
I LOVE this black lace with roses because it matches the pink rose I added to my bow.  I also thought some black gems would make my Aunt feel special!  I hope my card inspires you to come play with us!  Thanks for stopping by!  Leave a comment and let me know what you think!
Posted by Picasa

27 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Birthday greetings to your Aunt Connie - she's going to love this card!! So pretty, so elegent - love the roses!

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sue! I love the large label, and the wonderful layering!

Marie said...

WOW...simply elegant and perfect for your Aunt, she'll be delighted. The lace, the layers, the labels, the ribbon & bow, the stitching, the gems and the BEAUTIFUL rolled rose equal perfection personified.

Suzanne C said...

This is so elegant! Lovely layering of papers with lace. Gorgeous accent with the flower.

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful Sue! I love the added black lace. :)
Hugs~

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your Aunt Connie will love this! Love the black lace! Adds the perfect pizazz!!!!
Mackie

Stella said...

I wish I was your aunt Connie ( no just kidding) but this card is to die for. Filled to the brim with elegance and beaty; i know for sure your aunt will love and cherish it.
FAB job Sue; wow!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, Sue! Love the touch of black lace. Aunt Connie sure to love this.. Happy Birthday to her!

Ally said...

Gorgeous, Sue! I love that black lace, too, and I'm sure your Aunt will adore it. ;-) (If she's anything like me, hee hee!)

So very lovely. This is just a perfect card for a challenge with these colors. Perfect!

Emily Keaton said...

Sue, this is just lovely! That pink patterned paper makes me swoon. And that rolled flower looks amazing!! Super job. :)

Shirley said...

Your card is so elegant and pretty. I gotta get to my own roses sooner or later. LOLOL

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sue! Love the rolled flower and the gorgeous label! The black lace and black stitching looks awesome!

farmhouse-story said...

your aunts card is so lovely, sue! i esp love the black lace and stitching-they work so well with your rose:) have a great week!

Beverly said...

This is soooo beautiful.
Your aunt Connie is a lucky lady!
XO

Lisa Elton said...

Happy birthday to Aunt Connie! She'll be thrilled with this pretty card Sue. The black stitching and label are fabulous. We have a Tuesday Morning here too. I don't go often either, but when I do I find the neatest stuff dirt cheap ...LOL!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow Sue, this is over-the-top LOVELY!!! I'm sure your aunt will LOVE it!

igła i nitka said...

The longer I look at all these beautiful cards with pink, the more I'm beginning to be fond of this colour:) Another sweet and delicate card!
PS. I'm trying to send a mail to you but all my messages are marked as spam and return to me:/

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful creation, Aunt Connie is going to LOVE this!

Marge said...

Isn't it fun to find scrappy bargains at new places? Your card is really lovely with those luscious paper layers and that fabulous black lace. I'm sure your Aunt will be thrilled when she sees it!!!

Andrea M said...

Hello lovely Sue!!! This card is STUNNING! I'm sure your Aunt Connie LOVED this beauty!!! The black lace is FABULOUS!!! You rock!

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness Sue this is just Gorgeous!! 8-) Love the Fab dp's and Darling rose and Beautiful ribbon too! That touch of black lace is so Perfect! I just know your Aunt is going to Love this! just So Gorgeous Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I love that paper and the black lace and gems are striking. I'm not sure I've ever seen black lace on a card--it's so pretty. I'm sure Aunt Connie will love it--especially since you created it just for her. ~Hugs, Cheryl

Colleen Dietrich said...

I happened to visit the scrapbook section of a Tuesday Morning in NC while on vacation and did pretty well! I liked what I saw and bought some paper, too. Your card is SOOOO pretty, Sue! Ultra feminine and classy.

Juls said...

so so utterly gorgeous!!! love everything about this card! Hugs Juls

Shirley said...

Oh wow! Very simply feminine and elegant all rolled into one!

Rock Chick Tink said...

That is sooooo gorgeous . I love it. It is really really really pretty. Your cards are amazingxx

Ruby said...

Such a beautiful and feminine card, I'm sure your Aunt loved the black gems and that bow looks fab!