Saturday, September 3, 2011

CR84FN37 - Card 2 - Thank You!

Hi there!
It's week 2 for these FABULOUS colors from Martha Stewart!  If you haven't taken the plunge yet and played with us at CR84FN, you still have one more week! 
Here's my second card:
 
This time I used my PTI woodgrain impression plate and swiped white ink across it to highlight the grain.  I even made one of my flowers out of the woodgrain impressed kraft paper!  I smooshed the large flower in Versamark and clear embossed it to add some shine.  And I snuck in a Prima sculptured resin flower that was the perfect color.  The polka dot paper is a vellum from SU. 
To finish my card I added my FAV doily background, a scalloped border, some ribbon and twine, and some straight and zig zag stitching.
 
Let me know what you think!
Check out what the other CR84FN Designers have created for your inspiration (links in my sidebar)!
Personal Note:  I came home early from Florida because of the weather.  My son is back in college.  My DH will be at work, so I will have my crafting time back!  YEAH!  And I will have time to comment!  YEAH!  And I will have time to catch up on scrapbooking so maybe you'll see some of that, too!  YEAH! 
Have fun with the colors!  I KNOW I did!
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful arrangement of flowers. Love the woodgrain background. Lovely and elegant!

Lynn said...

Welcome home Sue! Your flowers are gorgeous! I love your layout for this card..perfection!

Theresa said...

I am a huge fan of those roses and I lvoe how you used the woodgrain! I have some and didnt know what to do with it thanks.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the woodgrain background. It really matches the colors, especially the flowers. They are gorgeous. Your stiching is perfect! Just love this card!
Mackie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Sue! Love what you did with the woodgrain background and those fab flowers!

Brenda said...

Welcome back Sue! I love the assortment of flowers on the doily, you captured the colours so beautifully! Hopefully we can now get together for tea or coffee!

Barb Turpin said...

Wow, you did an excellent job with those flowers! Came together perfectly!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Another amazing card Mrs Lelli! I love what you achieved with the woodgrain embossing plate -totally gorge! Those colours are super lovely, hmmm hope I get some time to join in again soon.
Best Wishes,
Katie xx

Deborah Frings said...

Welcome home Sue!! Love this card - I really like the woodgrain texture, works so well with this colour palette. And those flowers - just fab!

Lisa Elton said...

Sorry weather ruined your time in Florida (boo) but it sounds like you're making the best of it!! Great card, love the flower trio! On another note thanks for all of your love on my blog and ditto to our blogging friendship; you're a sweetheart! I still feel like a newbie but you make me feel right at home :) ~ hugs

sheila said...

wow-thisis spectacular. I love all your embellishments and the woodgrain stamped background is beautiful.

Tracey said...

LOVE all the yummy elements in this beautiful card Sue!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Sue! Your rolled flowers! Love the woodgrain embossed background!

Lenochek Neger said...

Как красиво!..

Suzanne Russell said...

Sue, I just keep coming back to look at your beautiful card! I love every element that you chose and carefully placed for balance and interest. It is certainly an inspiration. Thanks!

Jingle said...

This is really beautiful!

Marie said...

This cards is stunning, Sue. There are so many interesting designs, textures and layers. the wood grain flower is fabulous. What a great idea to tie the focal point to the background. Welcome home, glad you avoided "Lee".

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Sue Lelli. The textures are fabulous and I love the pretty flowers. :o)

Cassandra said...

Well my dear, this is a stunning card! Where did you get the navy flower, just lovely, as are all the other elements to this card. The woodgrain really makes it though.

veronica said...

lovely layers. very pretty.

Shannon White said...

Sue this is Gorgeous! Love the woodgrain embossing and you flowers are Fabulous! Just a Super Pretty card! Welcome home, sorry the weather decided to turn... but so glad you are back! 8-)

Big Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Pauline said...

Sue, this is gorgeous!! I love these colours, I just haven't had the time to play along yet, we have been away the last two weekends! Howver, kids are now back to school so hopefully some order will be replaced! I must get my thinking cap on before I run out of time this week! xx

Marge said...

That wood BG is really fabulous, Sue! I can see I'm going to need that one of these days! LOVE this color combo and all 3 of your fabby flowers on this fun card!!!

~Tammy~ said...

These colors knock my socks off, and your use of them are smokin' Fantastic inspiration!

Andrea M said...

So sorry the weather cut your FL vacay short - I know how much you love it there!!!

Such a fabulous card!!! LOVE those flowers - is one resin? ABSOLUTELY beautiful!!!!

Here's hoping you can get back to the beach sometime soon to pick up where you left off ;)

Stella said...

I missed this challenge;argh!!!! And the colors are my faces. I added this gem to my favorites folder. This is priceless. Oh oh oh the flowers are amazing; paired up with a doily and a gorgeous label. A handmade beauty!