Saturday, August 27, 2011

CR84FN37 Wood You?

    
 Wood You send this card to your very best friend?  That's who this card is going to!  I can't wait for her to receive it!
I was inspired by the wood background wall in the inspiration graphic and used the technique I first saw and tried here.  I am always intrigued with how blending a couple of colors over paper with scored lines makes such an interesting background.

I stamped a Wplus 9 botanical image over a texted image from Unity.

I added clear embossing powder to the image and it really pops!  A little lace, a scalloped border with buttons and a heart and my card is done!  Hope you like it!  You can get even more inspiration from the other members of the CR84FN Design Team listed in my sidebar!
Posted by Picasa

32 comments:

Marge said...

I most totally WOOD -- LOL!!! It's GORGEOUS; LOVE the "wood" BG, that text and gorgeous embossed botanical image!!! And the little heart is the perfect finishing touch!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is just so pretty!

Pauline said...

Love this Sue, the wood grain background is fabulous! Love the delicate strip of lace too, so pretty!

Lana said...

WOW!!!! Love this card! The background amazingly beautiful! :)

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful Sue! You friend is sure to love it. You made that faux wood paper? It is very pretty. :)
Hugs!

Lin said...

What a gorgeous inspiration picture and I love your take on it! I've seen a few years ago some picture frames made of various slabs of wood colored very similarly........This will be fun!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This screams "Best Friend"! I love the lace and as for your wooden bg, gorgeous!
I hope you had a great time in Florida.
Katie x

peggy gatto said...

Charming and very special!

Beverly said...

Beautimous! lOVE that background you do. I have only ever done it in browns. Your best friend will love it!
Millie is on her way over. We are going to get ice cream from Sonic and then stamp. (andy is in DC) Karen's coming later. Wish you were here :(
XO

Buffy said...

WOW!! Fabulous card. I WOOD definately be happy if I got a card like that.
Buffy x

Brenda said...

I just love the colours this week Sue! I hope I can make something as beautiful as you did! I really love that woodgrain background you made, such an awesome technique! Your friend is going to love this card!

Mona Pendleton said...

GORGEOUS card Sue! The washed wood background looks AMAZING! The little heart is a great touch! Yes, I WOOD definitely send this to my best friend :)

Cassandra said...

Absolutely beautiful and peaceful Sue. I was struck by that wonderful central photo as well and your interpretation is spot on. A friend would be delighted to receive this card.

Suzanne C said...

Just love that wood grain background it is fantastic! Wonderful pop of the flowers in the striking blue and embossing just makes it shine! Beautiful card!

Cheryl said...

That weathered wood look is so pretty with the turquoise. The little heart on the scalloped border looks like wood, too. So cute. Love your card!

Marie said...

Gee oh my this is fantastic. I love the wood effect and the heart and heart button add just the perfect touch below that great lace. So much eye candy on this card. I wood send it...what fun!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Sue! Love the wood grain background you created and wonderful mix of buttons!

Cyndie said...

OOOoo, your background came out so neat, and I like the flowers on the text background as well! Love the lace (would love to get my hands on some of it!) and the scalloped border!

Shannon White said...

Sue, this is just Fabulous! Love the Gorgeous custom wood grain BG and the Super Sweet Heart shaped button! Really lovely!

Hope yo have been doing Wonderfully Lady!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

~Tammy~ said...

Holy smokes this is beautiful! Love love these colors!

Pauline said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog Sue, still love your card! Xx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Sue you knocked my sock off with your background!!! Fabulous way to capture the wall! SUPER CARD :)

Lisa Elton said...

OOPS...I meant to type sockS...I never just wear one :) LOL

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hi Sue! I think you did a fab job being inspired by those challenge colors, as well as the pix in the story. THe wood background is so neat, as is the flowers-over-text image.

Deborah Frings said...

I so wood send this to my best friend!! It's a really beautiful card Sue - love the texture you've acheived. And such pretty lace and buttons too! It's fab!

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous card Sue!!! I LOVE that woodgrain!!! It looks so beautiful and real! Seriously beautiful my friend!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! Love the way your woodgrain turned out - fab use of this weeks colors!

Ginny said...

What a beautiful card for your friend. She is going to love it! Love the colors, so calming. And the woodgrain technique is fabulous. And I loved how your embossed the flowers over the script. That is an awesome look.

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous card,love the wood effect background.xxxx

farmhouse-story said...

oh, sue, what a gorgeous card--love your bkgd, the scallops, buttons and cute heart! i'm hoping in a couple more weeks, my remodeling project will ease up and i'll have time to play, again!

Barb Turpin said...

I love images stamped over text...and the lace and the wood grain are perfect, along with the sweet little heart!

Lenochek Neger said...

Такая милая открытка! Прелесть!)