Saturday, July 9, 2011

CR84FN33 - Card #2 - Happy Birthday Callie!

It's week two of these FAB colors from Martha Stewart and I have a second card to share with you.  Hope this gets your creative juices flowing!

I made this card for my niece Callie!
I used mostly pink and neutral with hints of red in the script and in the paper on the bottom half.  It's a left over scrap from last week's card!  Isn't it just YUMMY??!
The mat is a piece of balsa wood I had left over from the card I made here.  Who says wood has to be masculine??  I also used a big blossem from Michaels and some Prima flowers I've had FOREVER!  The lace is from HL.  Love it!
And last but not least ~ MY FAV tiny tags! 
I also used a marker on the scallop edge.  I liked the detail this added!
Hope you like my card!
RECIPE:
Paper - Basic Grey Bittersweet (patterned), Jillibean Soup Co-ordinating Pasta Fagioli Script Paper, SU Pink Pirhouette, Vellum (Butterfly), PTI Vintage Cream
Ink - SU Basic Black
Dies - PTI Mat Stack 4, Butterflies - 3 different PTI dies, PTI Tiny Tags
Twine - PTI Button Twine
Flowers - Michaels Recollections, Prima
Pearls - Michaels Recollections

Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a sweet card Sue! I'm sure your niece will love it! It's so soft and feminine looking! Love the layered butterfly and tiny tags!

Andrea M said...

You sure do rock those tiny tags!!! LOVE 'em!!! This card is so BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the balsa wood - you've made it look so feminine and pretty Sue! It adds such great texture! LOVE the layered butterflies too! I'm sure your niece will LOVE this BEAUTY!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh Sue!!! This is terrific. I think the texture from the wood is lovely. There are so many super details, just love those tiny tags. Your neice will love this card - so feminine, so pretty!!

Stella said...

Yummy?? My oh my Sue this is stunning! I wish I was your niece :). No just kidding but I am in love with this card. A soft and romantic take on the challenge. LOVE it!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the layering and that wood background piece is wow. Lovely and feminine!

Lin said...

LOVE this, Sue! Such a pretty shade of pink and those tiny tags, once again - love your combination!

Gisèle said...

No, I don't like it Sue.................
I LOVE it...love the combo of the wood and the lace, and adore the tiny tag , with the pearls and wrapping....Beautiful card all around...

MTNestor said...

WOW Sue, what can I say but absolutely FAB, to use your word :-). I love this card and Callie is so lucky to have you as an aunt! You do such wonderful work. The way you layered your card I so lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing some of that new lace that you made a flower out of at CKC. See you soon.

Ginny said...

AAAAHHHH such a beautiful card, Sue. Love the 2 papers together. Balsa wood...that is awesome! I love that look. Your butterfly and lace are precious and those little tags just adorable. The marker added to the scallop really makes the edge pop. Just gorgeous!

Shirley said...

Okay, Sue, here I am in awe of this gorgeous card! I really love, what else, the flowers of course!!! I am loving the balsa wood, your DP leftovers, the lace! and that awesome awesome butterfly!!! So I am home evening all this week. Let me know when a good evening would be for you? :-)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Pretty! Pretty! Your niece is gonna love this card! I love the wood. It really adds texture to the card! Great details!

Beverly said...

Ok, this card is SO you! It is absolutely beautiful. You've done it again--blown me away.
XO
Beverly

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful card, love the balsa wood on this and those flowers are gorgeous!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is so beautiful and dreamy I could fall into it!
I am back from the UK and hoping to play with my PTI stash asap!
Katie x

Lisa Petrella said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL and feminine card! LOVE all of the layers and the balsa wood!

Buffy said...

Gorgoeus card Sue. Fabulous embellishments

Pauline said...

Sue this is beautiful! I love the little twine wrapped tag, and the beautiful papers - the balsa frame is perfect, it's stunning! The flowers are just gotgeous too, such a gorgeous card!

Shannon White said...

Ooohh... I LOVE this! Sue this is absolutely Gorgeous!!! I love your dp's and those Gorgeous flowers and lace. OMgosh and your layered Butterfly and tiny tags are just Darling! Your Niece is going to LOVE this! She's lucky to have an Auntie like you! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Marie said...

This card is fantastic. I love how you coordinated all the layers. This card is really breath taking. I wish I was your niece.

Marge said...

I'd like to be your niece too, since I'd then be YOUNGER -- LOL!!! Oh, and receiving this darling card would be another BONUS!!! Love all your sweet details & I know you real niece loved it too!!! I need that lace now!!!

Lisa Elton said...

So dreamy and feminine Sue...your niece will just love it !!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Aww.....this is so sweet, it just melt my heart!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a gorgeous card Sue! Love the different textures, the butterfly, the tags... just perfect.

Juls said...

so soft and pretty!! Love it!!! Hugs Juls

Loretta said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!